Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 11:10 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfreeze View Post
hey, I'm in the same boat as you. We moved from NY to Port. St.. Lucie in 1990, then to Sarasota(loved Sarasota), then came back home to NY. Stayed for 3 years (had 3 kids), and decided to try FL again and moved to Lansbrook (Palm Harbor), my husbands job then moved us back to NY. It gets better...we lived in NY for 4 years and my husband got the itch again to move back to FL. I left kicking and screaming. Hated FL, too hot and nothing to do. But I went. Built a home in FishHawk Ranch (Lithia, Florida) stayed for 3 years and decided that I hated it much more then I remembered. My husband left FL kicking and screaming. We made an awesome profit on our home and moved back to NY (home). GUESS WHAT???
The moving truck will be here on July 3rd.......I'll give you three guesses where to.
That's my story.
OMG....you can NOT be serious!!! ROTFL!!!!
Now THAT'S FUNNY........and crazy!
I am glad though, that my husband and i are not the only ones, seeming to have peoblems with making up their minds....LOL....
Welcome to the CLUB!!!
We are getting our truck on saturady, you guys....YUHU!!!!!!

Last edited by MB2; 06-28-2007 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: add

Old 11-04-2007, 10:47 PM

5 posts, read 13,819 times
Default moved back twice

I have settled in Winter Haven/Lakeland area. Lived in Lake Wales, FL then to Charlotte, NC (too cold for me), Boynton Beach, FL--Martinsburg, WV, then back to Winter Haven, FL. I miss the palm trees, blue skies, white puffy clouds, wearing light clothing, hanging out at the lakes and state parks, and Christmas cookouts I built a custom built home and have my swimming pool and palm trees, and I am here to stay =0) Florida does something to me...My taxes are cheap here, and I'm in a nice area. If you like warm winters, then don't leave Florida.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:57 PM

784 posts, read 1,981,793 times
Yes, I left for the Georgia Coast several years ago. I liked it, but ended up having to move back to FL. FL is pretty cool.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:54 AM

1,930 posts, read 10,173,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly925 View Post
Just wondering if there is anyone on this forum who had moved away from Florida and then moved back? If so, why did you come back?
I was born and raised In Jacksonville, FL and I have lived there pretty much all of my life. I did move to North Carolina for a little while though. I lived there for a bit under 6 months and then moved back to Jacksonville! lol! I know that probably sounds kind of ridiculous, but I'm a Florida girl. I just really can't see myself living in another state. I have moved all over Florida and I have liked pretty much every city I have lived in, but I always seem to end up back in my home city. North Carolina is a very nice place, but it's just not for me. It's too different from what I'm use to, from what I like. It's a very nice place to visit, but I couldn't live there. I moved back home from NC for several reasons, but the thing that really sealed the deal for me in the end was when it snowed for the first time since I had moved there! lol! I'm from Florida, I had never spent any time in the snow before that. Of course, you see snow on TV and it looks great! But it's not like that in real life, far from it! You have to shovel the walkways, scrape snow and ice off of your windshield before you can go anywhere, and then, the worst part of it all, the snow starts to melt in places and it just turns into nasty, dirty, cold, puddles! There's also icy patches all over the place, so you have to be very careful when you're walking around or you'll end up getting hurt. Snow is just not my thing! lol! For me, that just sealed the deal! Again though, NC is a wonderful, beautiful state, it's just not for me.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:37 AM

5 posts, read 14,158 times
New here, and oh my gosh, I am sooooo glad to see there are others who have moved away but are heading home. We left brevard county 2 years ago, came to greenville sc, and just cant seem to make it work, havent found the happiness. We are flipflops and bagggies people up here in croc/ polo nation. Just dont fit in, and all this southern hospitality, its just an act. they are as sweet as can be to your face, and then go gossip about you over biscuts and gravy.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:45 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshell View Post
New here, and oh my gosh, I am sooooo glad to see there are others who have moved away but are heading home. We left brevard county 2 years ago, came to greenville sc, and just cant seem to make it work, havent found the happiness. We are flipflops and bagggies people up here in croc/ polo nation. Just dont fit in, and all this southern hospitality, its just an act. they are as sweet as can be to your face, and then go gossip about you over biscuts and gravy.
Curious, what was the reason for moving originally?

Old 11-05-2007, 11:58 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times
kind of suprises me about the "biscuits and gravy" remark. i am very familiar with greenville sc, and a lot of ppl are from elsewhere, many of which florida. where did you live in greenville, what part?

Old 11-05-2007, 12:02 PM

kshell, i see where you are from and where you live now... i found this reply (below) from the greenville sc vs. vero bch posts a couple months ago... you seemed happier in september, what happened?

"I am from melbourne, Just a little north of vero, and we moved to Greenville 2 years ago. I think it is correct to say you really can't compare. There are things about FL we miss dearly, but there are plenty of wonderful things about Greenville and the surrounding areas as well. I was born in Melbourne, and it was a sleepy little beach town, but it isnt that anymore, and we left in search of a better place to raise our children. We have found that here. You can get much more home for your money in SC, land- if your interested in going rural.

WE actually were toying around with the idea of moving back to Melbourne a couple months ago, (my family is there) but after doing some research and soul searching, I knew it would be a big step backwards. There is so much more opportunity here, and I just feel FL is really unstable. ANyway, good luck to you!"

Old 11-05-2007, 12:03 PM

5 posts, read 14,158 times
We thought it would be a better life, better place to raise the kids-and it is a great place to raise the kids, except for these Baptist folks keep "saving" my children without permission.
I was born in Melbourne, lived there thru high school, it was a great sleepy little beach town. I traveled all over for a couple years before settling down -- once we had kids we moved back there,in 1999, -- you know you always think the grass is greener on the other side. We decided FL was going downhill, sold our home in 2005-- We found a house here in SC on 10 acres, 3500 sq foot, panoramic mountain views, 266k. Could never in a million years afford a place like this in FL-- but making $$ here is tough, and we just really feel like we dont fit in. Now, if we were in downtown Greenville, I might not feel that way, but we are a bit up in the hills. Amazing place - so beautiful, but it just doesnt feel right. WE found a little 1950s terrazo floor pad in W. Melbourne, half the sq. footage of what we have now, but we are sooooo excited. We are going home!

Old 11-05-2007, 12:10 PM

i am glad you are going where you are happier. good luck with the move... i bet ppl up there, especially the floridians are like, "what? your moving back to florida?!?" arent they? we got a lot of that when we left nc to move back to fla...

i know what you mean about the really religious/"save" types... but they are good ppl. we have so many criminals in central florida. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida