Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2008, 06:21 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,431,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Well, the other night I cooked up 9 fillets for 6 adults and 2 kids....
Omigosh! That looks just FABULOUS! I love steak...

Old 06-09-2008, 07:59 PM

431 posts, read 1,641,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Pork chops on the grill with stewed apples, fresh brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes baked on the BBQ!! My son was called in for a 2nd interview! YES!! Now I'm praying non-stop!!

Good Luck i have my fingers crossed for you. I will pray for your family as well. I wish your son the best.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:19 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,389,111 times
Good morning all!

Today's supposed to be the last sunny and hot day for about a week. The forecast said there will be lots of rain (the garden can definitely use it!) and thunderstorms (don't need them, really) so no more time spent by watering the garden and all the flowerpots on the balcony...

Tonight is pasta night again. How come some weeks I have 3-4 different pasta dishes

At first I will cut some chicken breasts in cubes, then they are fried in some oil with curry, salt and pepper.

Carrots, in thin slices, will be cooked in veggie broth. Brokkoli will go and take a hot bath with the carrots. Cook till both are still al dente.
The carrots and brokkoli will be put on a plate while the veggie broth is spiced up with about
2 cups of milk,
a little bit of cream,
3 large spoons of cream cheese.
I also add a little bit of sauce thickener.
Then I add salt, pepper and some other herbs, depends on what I like best that day.
The sauce has to cook about 4-5 minutes.
Then I add the carrots, brokkoli and chicken breast and cook for another 5 minutes.

This is served over PASTA!

Old 06-10-2008, 03:38 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Sounds great M's M.

What do you mean when you say sauce thickener?

Old 06-10-2008, 05:07 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
I have a question regarding pasta---and all those varieties in the markets I see. There are small round ones, large round ones, twirls and twists, oblong, and everything in-between. What does a person do with some of these odd shaped pastas? I only know macoroni, spaghetti-type (angel hair etc.), broad flat noodles and fettuccini. I saw some really interesting shaped pastas yesterday and was curious what people do with these. Any ideas?

Old 06-10-2008, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Sounds great M's M.

What do you mean when you say sauce thickener?
It's a kind of powder. When poured into the boiling sauce the sauce gets thicker within some seconds, depending on how much you add and how thick you want the dish to become.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:28 AM

Quote:
I have a question regarding pasta---and all those varieties in the markets I see. There are small round ones, large round ones, twirls and twists, oblong, and everything in-between. What does a person do with some of these odd shaped pastas? I only know macoroni, spaghetti-type (angel hair etc.), broad flat noodles and fettuccini. I saw some really interesting shaped pastas yesterday and was curious what people do with these. Any ideas?

Cyn, I got really odd shaped pasta from my cousin. She knows how much I love cooking and how much I love pasta. I have these incredible large rings (about 1-2 inch diameter). I plan to cook something special with them.
Maybe some shrimp with garlic sauce or something like that.
I defenitley don't use them for mac 'n cheese or tomatoe sauce, etc...

Old 06-10-2008, 06:49 AM

601 posts, read 1,904,523 times
Quote:
Pork chops on the grill with stewed apples, fresh brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes baked on the BBQ!! My son was called in for a 2nd interview! YES!! Now I'm praying non-stop!!
Wishing good vibes for your son!!! It is sooooo hot here. thinking of doing curried pork bites on the grill tonight. served with rice pilaf and some type of veggie.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:50 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:

I'd guess that there are at least a few pasta shapes that arose from cultural traditions and are meant to symbolize certain things. Other shapes are intended to pair well with a specific type of sauce, i.e. smooth vs. chunky sauces work better with different pasta shapes.

Whili I continue to bumble along with the ThatLooksAoutRight I know at least a few pasta brands have web sites/E-mail addresses and while I haven't asked about shapes they've been helpful with other questions, at least DeCecco has. Might have to shoot of a few E-mails and get the pasta companies take on shapes.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:55 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
It's a kind of powder. When poured into the boiling sauce the sauce gets thicker within some seconds, depending on how much you add and how thick you want the dish to become.
I haven't ever seen or heard of it but it sounds like adding a lump of roux.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink