Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 07:57 PM

515 posts, read 1,591,086 times

Advertisements

Like most cities of yesteryear, the surrounding area grows old first and as people keep moving further away into new houses, the older areas keep getting run down and become areas of low rent. We all knows what happens then. Of course the die hard city lovers and politicians try their damnest and sink tons of our tax dollars into reviving that area which never works because of the low life criminals and drug infested areas close by. They never learn. But it is BIG busness for the architectual firms to "re-develelop downtown areas" what a friggin waste of money. I think the "study" alone was well over $300,000 dollars. Downtown Ft Myers is losing businesses faster than you can imagine. Place looks great but there's no commerce there to substain it. I love going there, walking around downtown. it's quite quaint! But don't go out at night by yourself. The prices are outrageous and the monthly fee's that go along with those prices are worse. The big draw to downtown ft Myers might be the water close by but, nothing is on the water! Where were the brains of the architects when they planned out the new city. Friggin stuppid, and so were the city people who ok'ed the project. But ya know what? it wasn't their money so who cares!!!!!!

Last edited by tjstrain; 09-08-2009 at 08:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 08:28 PM

They tried the same thing up in Wilmington, DE where I originally came from. and by the way, I'm here now visiting. It never worked here either. Wasted all that tax payers money! Ya gotta stop the digression before it gets to the bottom. Your never gonna dig your way out. But since the guys in office were always gettin their salary no matter how fast it was sinking they didn't care. They went down with the town or ship, retired and let someone else figure it out. To little, to late! Crime and drugs got hold and there's no easy fix.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:37 PM

17 posts, read 47,482 times
Please paragraph your response if you want anyone to read it - it didnt.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:31 AM

107 posts, read 180,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giffordo View Post
Please paragraph your response if you want anyone to read it - it didnt.
What are you talking about? Are you referring to tjstrain's posts here? They are not only paragraphed, but they are seperate posts too! You might want to check your own grammar before criticizing others.

Last edited by movetoflorida; 09-09-2009 at 12:48 AM.. Reason: .

Old 09-09-2009, 07:32 AM

206 posts, read 449,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movetoflorida View Post
What are you talking about? Are you referring to tjstrain's posts here? They are not only paragraphed, but they are seperate posts too! You might want to check your own grammar before criticizing others.

Agreed! I was never so afraid of being jumped on for some minor mistake in a post as in this forum.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:47 AM

917 posts, read 2,616,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movetoflorida View Post
giffordo seems to be on a crusade:
//www.city-data.com/forum/idaho...l#post10566704

Old 09-09-2009, 02:24 PM

It looks to me like all the posts are getting read! Hard enough to write all of that on the I-phone as it is,
Were getting the message across. R U an English teacher or something? Darn, I better go back and redo all of my posts. Yea right!

Last edited by tjstrain; 09-09-2009 at 03:23 PM..

Old 09-09-2009, 02:47 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,875,677 times
Oh Nooooooo.........I thought all the "spelling police" were up north.We laugh at them up here.....everybody makes typo's

Old 09-09-2009, 02:54 PM

917 posts, read 2,616,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjstrain View Post
It looks to me like all the posts are getting read! Hard enough to write all of that on the I-phone as it is,
Were getting the message across. R U an English teacher or something? Darn, I better go back and redo all of my posts. Sorry, goofordo.
I-phone LOL Good Job!

Old 09-30-2009, 01:12 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,861,111 times
Dog? nah, why waste your time with something so simple?
Security system? good for summoning the slab savers and paper pushers
Shotgun/Pistol? Great Investment, no monthly up keep, no feeding, no contracts...

I also want to correct some statements made about CCW.

You cannot carry in:
Government owned buildings
A bar, or a restaurant where you have to cross a bar area to enter or exit or use the restroom.
Hospitals
"Crowds of 50 or more people"?-No merit to that statement.
"Three steps away" is not a law, it is a suggestion, an unloaded firearm is a brick. You can keep a loaded weapon in your vehicle, as long as it is enclosed, glovebox, console, holster, etc.

Any business that posts "no weapons allowed" is infringing on your right to bear arms.

A good set of locks, even on the windows (so they cannot be open more than 6 inches or so), thorny bushes around windows. Motion activated lights, or lights that are always on even. If you like dogs, then what the heck, own one, most dogs bark at noises and when the doorbell rings. Keep your house locked when you're home AND away. Make it as hard as possible to get into, make it impossible to do so without being seen.

lights, locks, loaded guns
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area