Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2015, 10:17 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,431 times

Advertisements

The better question would be - Do you know someone who DOES NOT wear same clothes again and again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 11:44 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
The better question would be - Do you know someone who DOES NOT wear same clothes again and again?
Two women I worked with at different points in my life never seemed to wear anything twice. Except shoes.

I don't think Oprah does either, at least not on-air.

Old 02-27-2015, 11:35 AM

6,769 posts, read 5,488,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
I noticed some people will wear the same clothes all the time, or at least whenever I see them.

For instance I know this guy at the gym for perhaps over 7+ years and yet he always wears the same outfit working out! Now I don't know if he has multiples of the same outfit, but I find that a bit embarrassing, especially if you go as much as he does.

Another retired guy I know brags that he's in the 1%, but he always wears the same jacket and shirt underneath. He's a customer I been dealing with over a year and wonder what's the use of being in the 1% if you can't afford to wear different clothes?

How about you? Do you know anyone who always wears the same clothes or has a limited wardrobe?

Are you the type to wear the same clothes over and over until there is holes before you replace them?
I will wear the same clothes again, BUT I DO have multiples of my clothing, usually in odd off colors, but same design.

SO Do I wear what I wore yesterday without washing it?
NO.
But YOU COULD see me in the same outfit twice, thrice etc.
Or same outfit, different color.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:14 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman
Are you the type to wear the same clothes over and over until there is holes before you replace them?
Yes because I cant find anything I like anymore,IT ALL FEELS HORRIBLE!!!!!!

Thin/crapy material...... I WOULD LOVE GOING NUDE but im the only one like that in my family

Old 09-25-2015, 12:35 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,630,343 times
There's something so comfortable about wearing a clothing item that you've had forever and it's been washed umpteen times. They just feel good! Once they get holes they can still be worn at home. Yeah I wear the same clothes, my favorites over and over again and the rest just take up space in the closet!

Old 09-25-2015, 05:02 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,384,008 times
I tend to wear the same clothes at the office each week or two. Have 4 pairs of shoes and 4 pairs of pants (not including jeans) that I wear each week. Try to rotate the blouses and jackets over 2 weeks. I have problems finding shoes and clothes that fit me as am short and wear odd sizes. The shoes are very comfortable but expensive so I don't want to buy more pairs than I need. Plus most of this company's shoes look alike so a new pair would almost look like the old pair. But very comfortable! Then I am planning to retire in a couple of years so am trying to wear my work clothes as much as possible in the office as will not be wearing blazers and jackets after retirement. And saving for retirement means I don't want to spend lots on clothes.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:37 AM

259 posts, read 258,892 times
Quote:
I noticed some people will wear the same clothes all the time, or at least whenever I see them.

For instance I know this guy at the gym for perhaps over 7+ years and yet he always wears the same outfit working out! Now I don't know if he has multiples of the same outfit, but I find that a bit embarrassing, especially if you go as much as he does.
I don't see why this would be embarrassing in any way? Have you ever seen a movie about some rich dude with a walk in closet full of costumes of the same kind and like a thousand ties?

Old 09-30-2015, 12:10 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,691,622 times
Really? Why can't the guy wear the same outfit to the gym each time?? Are you saying he never washes it? I only have one pair of workout pants I always wear.. Why would you NEED more?

To me this is really silly.. Maybe I'm missing something. Yes.. I wear my clothing again and again and do not toss out a top because I wore it out twice. Once an items seems to show wear, i will repurpose it. Until then, unless it doesn't fit I keep wearing it as intended when I bought it.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:45 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,990 times
I'm not into spending money on clothing. I will wear the same stuff until it wears out and I do need to buy more. I do laundry regularly so I do not see an issue. If other people are bothered...oh well.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:46 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,927,349 times
Quote:

How about you? Do you know anyone who always wears the same clothes or has a limited wardrobe?

Yes, I wear them til they're either worn thin or have holes in them. I don't have many clothes probably mainly because it's hard for me to find ones I like; a couple other reasons is that I also don't have much time to shop and I'd prefer to spend my money on other things.

So I'll often wear the same things over and over again to like work and church (I think I cycle through like 3 shirts at work and 4 outfits for church, depending on the weather. One place at work has a uniform--scrubs--so that one's nice. I wear that almost all the time there). No one's said anything to me; I'm not sure they notice but maybe. I couldn't care less about clothes people wear (except that I often notice if it's not my style, but beyond that, whatever), but I guess I hear that some people talk about stuff like that (especially women, and I'm a woman so maybe they talk about my limited wardrobe). Kind of makes me wonder why their lives are so boring that they would find what I wear to be something of interest, but whatever. I guess whatever gets you through the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I went through this recently. I have a pair of shoes I've worn for years, never considering they might stop making them at some point. They're getting pretty worn out. The company stopped making this style in 2008. .
I have the same thing going on with my shoes! I've worn these new balance walking shoes since like 2007 and they've been great--no problems at all with my feet and I stand nearly all day at work. I did get another pair around the same time that I bought these ones I'm wearing now and it looks like I'm going to have to get to wearing that newer pair 'cause I noticed yesterday at work that my feet starting hurting. But in another 7 years or so (hopefully) after those others are done, I don't know what I'm going to do since they've stopped making that particular style and all I found recently were these nasty multi-coloured ones! Oh how difficult it is to be so picky and have a limited taste in style! : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
Also some people could care less about style.
So they do care somewhat about it. I guess that's where I am. I'm particular about style with me, but I don't obsess over it. So I could care less about it.

Last edited by Basiliximab; 09-30-2015 at 06:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living