Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2020, 06:09 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2020, 06:44 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,086,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
this was someone at the party or a neighbor? what was the reason for asking?

my zapper is on the corner of my property and i feel like the neighbor there would ask me if it werent for the fact that it is reducing his bug population also. his family is out there so much during the coronavirus apocalypse that im sure he appreciates the bug control. there is no way id take it down. if it really bothered a neighbor i may move it or try to block it from their view but that thing works so it stays up.
Bug zappers attract bugs — lots of them, and from hundreds of feet away. I have never understood why anyone would set one up outdoors. Do they think the number of bugs is limited by this pitiful thing? Zappers can work indoors, but putting one up outside is nuts.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:59 PM

4,205 posts, read 4,457,265 times
Quote:
Hi Mr raccoon

Give Rocky Raccoon a Gideon's Bible and maybe he'll change his ways?

Old 08-05-2020, 08:39 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Safe yourself the trouble. Call animal control and see if they have someone who will release it for you. They are experienced. OR call a pest control tell them you did the hard part and want to know how much to release. Saves you trouble and potential rabies.
that phone call got me a threat of a $1,000 fine and possible jail time. what a shock, call the government and get threats. worthless POS.

Old 08-05-2020, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
Bug zappers attract bugs — lots of them, and from hundreds of feet away. I have never understood why anyone would set one up outdoors. Do they think the number of bugs is limited by this pitiful thing? Zappers can work indoors, but putting one up outside is nuts.
maybe you should set one up and you will understand why people have them. mine is in the back corner of my property about 50 feet from where any people typically are. so it attracts the bugs there and kills them while the bugs stay away from us. there is a reason why people who visit my house are interested afterwards.

Old 08-05-2020, 08:50 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
that phone call got me a threat of a $1,000 fine and possible jail time. what a shock, call the government and get threats. worthless POS.
OMG!!!!!

Still no luck with the rat traps - but on a positive note, no sign of rats either. Maybe they done lef' out.

Old 08-05-2020, 08:51 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Quote:
Wow. On LI a neighbor had a opossum and caught it. They called animal control and they came and took it away. Guess, NJ is different. Why the fine and jail time? For what?

Old 08-05-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Wow. On LI a neighbor had a opossum and caught it. They called animal control and they came and took it away. Guess, NJ is different. Why the fine and jail time? For what?
i guess its not legal to trap wildlife here. i dont think anybody is aware of that though. i figured it was my right to get rid of pests on my property.

i was able to safely release him. i tied a string to the door and then opened it up while i was safely inside my car. he swiftly ran into the woods. i fed the guy another hot dog last night but he he was still pretty pissed at me.

Old 08-05-2020, 09:14 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Dear God, you better keep quiet about the hot dog, that is probably considered cruel too!!! Unbelievable.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/lacey/l...itics-trapping

Old 08-05-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Dear God, you better keep quiet about the hot dog, that is probably considered cruel too!!! Unbelievable.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/lacey/l...itics-trapping
i guess you need a special license to trap a raccoon. i guess the government wants to make money out of it. it wasnt very complicated. it just seems really obnoxious to threaten a local homeowner over such a thing. its not like a big city here where people are anonymous.

good point on the hot dog, im probably only allowed to use certified organic, gluten free whole food ingredients as bait/food.

my daughters thought he was very cute. but he isnt so cute when you are trying to move the cage and he is trying to bite your hand off. my mother in law even suggested last night to bring him inside.

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 08-05-2020 at 09:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden