Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:48 AM

133 posts, read 555,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
When I've been to DFW, it seems like Shiner and Flat Tire are everywhere.
I think it's Fat Tire, and you're right, it is very popular. At least on tap in most bars now. Almost as popular here as it is, or was, in its home state of Colorado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 09:23 AM

1,989 posts, read 6,599,409 times
In Seattle, the cheap beer would be Pabst or Rainier, and the good beer would be Alaskan Amber, Mack and Jack African, Redhook ESB, Hale's pale ale, etc...Lots of local breweries here so the national chains don't do as well here.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:48 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,762,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
For some reason, Yuengling is very popular down here in Huntsville, AL. We also have our own brewery Old Towne here in town that is pretty good and popular in the area. Sadly, the dowtown brewery burned down over the summer, but they are reopening at a new location.
Probably because of all the transplants working at Marshall. It's the same thing on the space coast. I was surprised to see Yuengling there. It's a decent cheaper beer.

I'm partial to Boulevard (KC), Diamond Bear (LR), and Fat Tire (CO) for some local(ish) flavor. Specific brews would be the Bully Porter from Boulevard, Presidential IPA from Diamond Bear and 2° Below seasonal from Fat Tire.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:50 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,934,635 times
I live in Maryland. The National Bohemian ("Natty Boh") is often called Baltimore's local beer though its not brewed here anymore. A lot of my friends also drink Pabst Blue Ribbon.

But mostly its the major brands like Coors, BUd, and MIller. Also Coronas and Heineken. Coronas are my personal favorite, followed by Coors Light and Heineken and Modelo Negro.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:33 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,478,176 times
Here in the Carolinas, Natural Light, Bud Light, and Busch Light seem to be the beers of choice throughout most of the year. True, they are watered down, but that's a Godsend when you're sweating in the sun. You don't want to be the "tough guy" who's drinking Guiness all day, then throwing up off the side of the boat after a few hours.

In the winter, I'm not sure what's popular - I see people drinking everything. I suppose Budweiser is the most common. I personally like Yuengling, Shiner Bock, Sam Adams Oktoberfest, Warsteiner, Newcastle, Brooklyn Brown, and Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout, among others. Our local microbrews are mediocre, IMO.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:38 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,762,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
I live in Maryland. The National Bohemian ("Natty Boh") is often called Baltimore's local beer though its not brewed here anymore. A lot of my friends also drink Pabst Blue Ribbon.

But mostly its the major brands like Coors, BUd, and MIller. Also Coronas and Heineken. Coronas are my personal favorite, followed by Coors Light and Heineken and Modelo Negro.
Just moved away from Carroll Co. All my neighbors drank Coors lite. It's the only place I ever saw such devotion to a single brand. It was really weird.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:17 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
I used to live in upstate NY and Genessee is truly superior beer. I tried to buy some the last time I was out there. I used to drink Schlitz about 20 years ago and then Old Style, a midwest brand. My favorite now is Miller's Genuine Draft.

Never Coors, for political reasons. Sorry.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:19 AM

3,742 posts, read 8,399,243 times
Milwaukee and Wisconsin I would suspect that Miller is the prevailing beer. Budweiser, Bud Light, and Heinekin I'm pretty certain are the most popular St. Louis beers, although Miller is advertised here too. Boston and Massachusetts I would guess for Sam Adams. In most of the Midwest, it's a near-even split between Budweiser and Miller I would guess. Michelob is also popular in St. Louis the last time I checked.

Last edited by ajf131; 01-24-2008 at 11:35 AM..

Old 01-24-2008, 11:23 AM

48,142 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Dos Equis
Corona
Tequate

(I am in southern california and the mexican beers are popular).

Old 01-24-2008, 11:37 AM

691 posts, read 3,061,592 times
Yuengling is popular around here. Good beer for the money. Oldest brewery in the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.