Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 06:06 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,380,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwar View Post
I searched the threads to see if there was a post that could tell me but I didn't one.

So I was wondering, what kind of beer is popular where your from?.....
COLD beer, in large quantities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 08:03 PM

349 posts, read 1,431,327 times
I see a lot Stella Artois on tap around here which I find to be one of the best decent priced lagers around. Also see Bass and Guinness on tap a lot too.

I have to agree with previous posters about Warsteiner. I miss so much finding it on tap, though even bottled it's a good beer.

Also agree with others that Yuingling is a good American mainstream beer. All the rest of the mainstream American beers, along with mainstream beers in some other countries, are pretty much garbage.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:13 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
Just moved away from Carroll Co. All my neighbors drank Coors lite. It's the only place I ever saw such devotion to a single brand. It was really weird.
I met a lot of friends from Carroll County during my time in College Park at the Univ. of Maryland. Coors Light is a great beer. Most of my buddies from those parts also liked PBR (Pabst BLue Ribbon). I went to the Cranberry Liquors in Westminster and they actually had a walk-in fridge for beer, the first time I ever saw one like that. I've heard Carroll County drink like men. For my friend's party there I bought Kentucky Gentlemen and SoCo for them and their friends from the area definitely outdrank the visitors from Baltimore or DC. The KG was gone in less than an hour.

For some reason I think bars around DC don't carry as much Coors Light (don't know about Baltimore). In College Park the Coors always runs out first but they always have MIller and Bud all thru the night.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:57 AM

893 posts, read 791,220 times
Quote:
I searched the threads to see if there was a post that could tell me but I didn't one.

So I was wondering, what kind of beer is popular where your from?

In MN for the early 20's crowd its Michcelob Golden Draft light
Older crowd its Busch or Budweiser
And Coors light is starting to be a real popular choice (my choice)
What ever I'm sitting and drinking at the time

Old 01-25-2008, 08:26 AM

332 posts, read 1,625,803 times
Quote:
Well what is "real" beer to you?
I thought you meant like locally brewed/microbrew.

Heck, you can get Bud or Michelob anywhere, and there's nothing particularly interesting (or good) about them. Kinda the Wonderbread of beer . . .

Old 01-25-2008, 09:19 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:

So I was wondering, what kind of beer is popular where your from?

In MN for the early 20's crowd its Michcelob Golden Draft light
Older crowd its Busch or Budweiser
And Coors light is starting to be a real popular choice (my choice)
Uh, yeah. My experience in Minnesota is that the young (well not frat boy or sorority girl, who are the only people who you'll see drinking light beer in this state-weak!) crowd drinks Pabst hands down, followed by Summit if they like real beer. Older people drink Budwieser, or Summit. You do run into a few MGD (non-light variety) drinkers, but it's mostly Pabst all the way.

Here in Portland, ME. Pabst is still popular among the young, but I would also say Allagash and Shipyard are too. By the way, ME is the only that state in which I have actually seen people buy Coors. Seriously.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:07 AM

167 posts, read 214,000 times
Corona is very popular around here

Old 01-25-2008, 10:28 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
I
Also agree with others that Yuingling is a good American mainstream beer.
It's also the oldest continually operated brewery in America.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:49 AM

537 posts, read 1,940,094 times
Leinie and Point are popular around here. Also Central Waters Brewing is celebrating 10 years.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:37 AM

6,613 posts, read 16,588,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekg56 View Post
Leinie and Point are popular around here. Also Central Waters Brewing is celebrating 10 years.
Point and Leinie are 2 great mainstream regional beers. I don't understand why people buy Miller when they can get Point or Leinie for the same price. Personal preference, I guess!

When I want a good local brew here in St Paul, I'll order Summit ESB or Surly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.