Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 01:02 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,916,925 times

Advertisements

Here in Mass we drink Busch light or Keystones if you're pinching pennies and Bud Light or Coors light if you aren't. That's until your 21 of course, after which you should drink microbrews. Sams, Magic Hat, Buzzards Bay, Harpoon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 02:30 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,240,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
Here in Mass we drink Busch light or Keystones if you're pinching pennies and Bud Light or Coors light if you aren't. That's until your 21 of course, after which you should drink microbrews. Sams, Magic Hat, Buzzards Bay, Harpoon
Yeah, I guess that there are beer drinkers and then there are beer enthusiasts. Light beer should just be called something else...diet beer; wimpy beer; zima; wine cooler. Anything. To call it beer is insulting.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:42 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Just try a beer which has 'red' in its name. Sip slowly.

Beer is an ancient beverage and may be older than wine. Ancient Egyptians drank it and then went and built the pyramids!
I tried Killian's Red. That was nastier than most of the other beers I've tried. I usually drink things like Mike's Hard Lemonade, or other flavored drinks, if I don't drink harder liquor.

When I go to a bar, which is infrequent, I either order bourbon, or a Mike's. At home, I drink things that are cheaper than beer.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:56 PM

310 posts, read 1,196,977 times
I drink wimpy light beer because I grew out of having something to prove. I wouldn't want to get fat. Keystone is a cheap Coors product isn't it? EW

Old 01-29-2008, 07:08 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
I met a lot of friends from Carroll County during my time in College Park at the Univ. of Maryland. Coors Light is a great beer. Most of my buddies from those parts also liked PBR (Pabst BLue Ribbon). I went to the Cranberry Liquors in Westminster and they actually had a walk-in fridge for beer, the first time I ever saw one like that. I've heard Carroll County drink like men. For my friend's party there I bought Kentucky Gentlemen and SoCo for them and their friends from the area definitely outdrank the visitors from Baltimore or DC. The KG was gone in less than an hour.

For some reason I think bars around DC don't carry as much Coors Light (don't know about Baltimore). In College Park the Coors always runs out first but they always have MIller and Bud all thru the night.
LOL, yeah, drinking is a popular past-time in Carroll...Not much else to do!

I'm starting to miss Yuengling. Definitely one of the best cheap beers out there.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:35 AM

1,065 posts, read 3,869,253 times
Budweiser Beer

Old 02-13-2008, 12:21 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,893,133 times
Philly- yuengling beer (talk about pee water! -blech! Sorry to those lovers of the Yueng in a can)
San Diego- beer? Margarita please
Chicago-Leinekuegels (I miss my Leinies)
Kansas- a 3.2 beer called Wiedameins. Wow- now that was REALLY pee water!
Providence -Narragansett Beer

Old 02-13-2008, 12:40 PM

18 posts, read 80,879 times
Dogfish Head IPA is a popular beer around Annapolis and one of the best I've had. Most bars around here have Budweiser, Bud Light, Yuengling, and Sam Adams on tap. We just lost our only brewpub in 2007 when Budweiser bought Ram's Head Fordham Brewery on West Street.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:55 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,867 times
Bad beer. I.E. Coors Light, Bud Light, Budweiser, etc.

I'm not much of a beer drinker these days, but when I do, it's an import. I can stomach Shiner and a couple of others but I avoid the 3 most popular brands here in Texas because they are horrid. My favorite brew would probably be Newcastle Brown Ale.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:09 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,916,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
Philly- yuengling beer (talk about pee water! -blech! Sorry to those lovers of the Yueng in a can)
San Diego- beer? Margarita please
Chicago-Leinekuegels (I miss my Leinies)
Kansas- a 3.2 beer called Wiedameins. Wow- now that was REALLY pee water!
Providence -Narragansett Beer

They still make Narragansett???!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.