Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2022, 09:14 PM

376 posts, read 209,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
He shot her. They all lied, Tory Kelsey, and Meg. And Kelsey probably shot at her.. but I said it was a 67% chance Tory shot her in my mind. The other third was Kelsey and like 1% one if the bodyguards.

When the story broke that the witness saw a girl shot a gun first, then saw a shirt man emptying the clip,, it made perfect sense. That’s why Kelsey got immunity. Tory was supposed to take the ones but he delay they coulda raise enough doubt. Honestly-I thought he was gonna skate, but he shouldn’t skate. Justice served
Lol he said 67% chance ... this city data stuff is wild
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2022, 01:10 AM

2,655 posts, read 2,097,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
How does everyone feel about Tory lanez ruling?
Indifferent.

Old 12-25-2022, 09:08 PM

A couple more westcoast bangers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7gmxRm9fRFw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w4hn0e2Nn3Y

Old 12-26-2022, 08:11 AM

21,629 posts, read 12,754,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dw572 View Post
2nd song is a lot better IMO. I really appreciate the beat and the production is cleaner. I think LA sometimes needs to tone down all the crip/blood rap and make some more interesting beats. Too many in LA feel like a Nipsey or YG knock off.

Bay Area rap is a lot more bouncy and creative in my opinion and I really like it for that reason. The dude on the ifrst track form the bay was ot it..too slow. And I see it was produced by money Mitch who im pretty sure is an LA producer. He had Berner write the song and Berner is not really lyrical although I like some of Berners older airy stuff like 20 Joints.

Old 12-26-2022, 08:21 AM

Lowell MA freestyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fpRJ6hgURU

Boston MA freestyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0IvMWo_LfQ

Old 12-26-2022, 09:09 AM

Quote:
2nd song is a lot better IMO. I really appreciate the beat and the production is cleaner. I think LA sometimes needs to tone down all the crip/blood rap and make some more interesting beats. Too many in LA feel like a Nipsey or YG knock off.

Bay Area rap is a lot more bouncy and creative in my opinion and I really like it for that reason. The dude on the ifrst track form the bay was ot it..too slow. And I see it was produced by money Mitch who im pretty sure is an LA producer. He had Berner write the song and Berner is not really lyrical although I like some of Berners older airy stuff like 20 Joints.
LA makes a whole variety of stuff though. I just happen to post a few gangsta rap tracks but there's rappers like Roddy Ricch or Kendrick Lamar that steadily evolve out of that gangsta rap stuff.
Also I don't see how the two above could be a Nipsey or YG knockoff lol. Nipsey doesn't even rap on gangsta instrumentals in that sense and g rap pre-date YG when he was a just a toddler. That blood and crip/gangsta tone is just part of the culture, mainly in LA and somewhat the rest of Socal. I'd say even with the non G rap stuff you can still hear remanants of gangsta, it's just baked into the culture.
Bay Area stuff is alright, but Dj Mustard took their modern sound and made it big. The good Bay stuff that gets play are guys like E-40 and Too Short. Everything else is just local stuff like a good number of LA stuff.

Old 12-26-2022, 09:15 AM

Quote:
LA makes a whole variety of stuff though. I just happen to post a few gangsta rap tracks but there's rappers like Roddy Ricch or Kendrick Lamar that steadily evolve out of that gangsta rap stuff.
Also I don't see how the two above could be a Nipsey or YG knockoff lol. Nipsey doesn't even rap on gangsta instrumentals in that sense and g rap pre-date YG when he was a just a toddler. That blood and crip/gangsta tone is just part of the culture, mainly in LA and somewhat the rest of Socal. I'd say even with the non G rap stuff you can still hear remanants of gangsta, it's just baked into the culture.
Bay Area stuff is alright, but Dj Mustard took their modern sound and made it big. The good Bay stuff that gets play are guys like E-40 and Too Short. Everything else is just local stuff like a good number of LA stuff.
loc'd out braids, gang signs, graphic tees, and videos near the grape street (or some street like it), tat sleeves etc etc its all common from 03 Greedo on out. Ik LA makes a variety of stuff but it has this strong like minimalist, loc/gang music that I find to be un-dynamic and kind of dry.

Roddy Ricch got hot because he sang and Kendrick is Kendrick.

Bay Area stuff from HBK Gang, to D-Mac and P-Lo, to everything on Thizzler on the Roof.. is all pretty fresh. Or at least was fresh in the 2010s. They are way quieter now.

I hate E-40 with a passion but I'm a huge Too Short fan, I got many of his albums.

Old 12-26-2022, 09:41 AM

Quote:
loc'd out braids, gang signs, graphic tees, and videos near the grape street (or some street like it), tat sleeves etc etc its all common from 03 Greedo on out. Ik LA makes a variety of stuff but it has this strong like minimalist, loc/gang music that I find to be un-dynamic and kind of dry.

Roddy Ricch got hot because he sang and Kendrick is Kendrick.

Bay Area stuff from HBK Gang, to D-Mac and P-Lo, to everything on Thizzler on the Roof.. is all pretty fresh. Or at least was fresh in the 2010s. They are way quieter now.

I hate E-40 with a passion but I'm a huge Too Short fan, I got many of his albums.

I mean with that thinking you can say the same for every city like Chicago, Memphis, Detroit or Atlanta. What could be the issue with originality. We've already had discussions on this thread that copying styles and having no distinct flavor could be a problem. If you think LA style is undynamic, just wait another decade until the Chicago drill stuff wears all the way out lol.

Old 12-26-2022, 12:02 PM

Some modern hood flavor in reference to that Long Beach vs Newark thread. Long Beach is a nice city ofcourse, but it ain't all cream and peaches.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qZFBGxJeZf0

Old 12-27-2022, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I mean with that thinking you can say the same for every city like Chicago, Memphis, Detroit or Atlanta. What could be the issue with originality. We've already had discussions on this thread that copying styles and having no distinct flavor could be a problem. If you think LA style is undynamic, just wait another decade until the Chicago drill stuff wears all the way out lol.
I shouldn't LA "needs" to do anything. They do just fine overall.

I'd just like to see more storytelling in their songs a la SHERANE. I love slice-of-life tracks like that.

Here are some great examples of artists in Boston who are illustrating a story in their raps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zylp_rhuQOc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShQNCyY7l1o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoF2OfB7EFI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.