Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 06:39 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The elderly and infirm are not optimal. Nature would eliminate the weakiest amongst us. Natural law is the only sort that should be followed.

Nature would eliminate those incapable of useing the defenses nature provided. In our case that would be our brains & the tools we devise useing our brains. That being the case those among us who refuse to use our brains & rely solely on our inadequate physical ability are those most redilly forsaken by natural selection. The humans best natural defensive tool is its brain, not its brawn.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:43 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Our physical capabilities are sufficient. There are accounts of feral children who survived living in the wild without human supervision, without learning to use tools.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:46 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
Quote:
Tools are "nice to have"...but not everyone has them, or can get them. But they can adapt to working without them.

If this computer was gone tomorrow, I wouldn't be bothered. Would you? Do you rely on things? I don't rely on anything but myself.

You are delusional. You rely on imaginary personal supremacy for one thing.
You work & rely on society for your every need. You are no better equipped than anyone & less well equipped than many gun owners to live without creature comforts & society. A gun is just a tool, it can keep a person safe from a delusional lunatic or a raging animal. It can also provide them with food and clothing, shelter & more tools. They are certainly not necessary, just helpful.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:52 PM

It's true that you have to work--but you don't "need" others for basic survival.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:11 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,031 times
Quote:
It's true that you have to work--but you don't "need" others for basic survival.
Really, If I drop you on another planet, where there are no other life forms, you won't survive long.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Our physical capabilities are sufficient. There are accounts of feral children who survived living in the wild without human supervision, without learning to use tools.
How many children survived on their own in the wild... hello? No don't keep ignore my points.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Really, If I drop you on another planet, where there are no other life forms, you won't survive long.
No other life forms? Of course not, what would I eat? I eat life forms. Organic substances.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
How many children survived on their own in the wild... hello? No don't keep ignore my points.
Look it up. use this term "feral children". Better yet, see if you can't get it at your local library. Read an actual book for a change.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Look it up. use this term "feral children". Better yet, see if you can't get it at your local library. Read an actual book for a change.
Why would I read a outdated book, when I can read a per review article on the internet on this subject?

I still find it interesting that you would compare the way we live in modern society to feral children. Which most would have died. But I suppose you would just call them "the weak ones".

It is obvious that you do not wish to defend you position that we should not use tools, let thugs kill and steal from anyone they want, not create medical, vaccines, and any technology.
Instead you wish to try keep a grip on a vague and meaningless point to this discussion. It's a great way to avoid thinking about what you have said.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
No other life forms? Of course not, what would I eat? I eat life forms. Organic substances.
I know!

Quote:
but you don't "need" others for basic survival.
You need other life forms. You also need other humans to live comfortably.

Again, you wouldn't last long in the jungles of Africa, without other humans, and their tools.
It is only safe where you live, because other humans made it safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates