Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2019, 12:34 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
Maybe it was just this: https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne..._news_headline

It's behind a paywall so I can't see it. But the headline reads: It's official: Carroll and city make land swap .
Nice. I was able to read the article do to the paywall glitch lol. The timing is about right considering the city will start construction soon on the interior parking deck for Carroll's project and Project Slugger which is now under construction.
Apparently there are also some unannounced projects near the ballpark because DGI president Zack Matheny says this in the article:

"We are very excitedly this has transpired" "This allows for a lot of future growth, including Project Slugger, Carroll South of the ballpark, and a few projects we are currently working on that will bring more residential and employers to downtown Greensboro"

The last statement hints additional residential and office development not counting Project Slugger and Carroll South of the Ballpark. So we could potentially be looking at even more midrise/highrise development by the ballpark. I would so love to see a Skyhouse apartment tower built on the corner of Edgeworth and Bellemeade across the street from the ballpark ticket office which would also be next to the city deck and Carroll's planned 20 story office tower in his Carroll South of the Ballpark development.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 08-02-2019 at 12:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 08:44 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,051,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
Maybe it was just this: https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne..._news_headline

It's behind a paywall so I can't see it. But the headline reads: It's official: Carroll and city make land swap .
Good news! Glad to see that start to move forward.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:27 PM

118 posts, read 78,488 times
Zack Matheny reminds me of a used car salesman. "Its official - we swapped the land as promised". Plus, hints of maybe more stuff.

Were you actually staring at the clock to see if anything would be announced by 5:00 PM ?

Old 08-02-2019, 10:33 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,958,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjack View Post
Zack Matheny reminds me of a used car salesman. "Its official - we swapped the land as promised". Plus, hints of maybe more stuff.

Were you actually staring at the clock to see if anything would be announced by 5:00 PM ?
Meanwhile the westin lot is looking like a jungle.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:49 PM

Here is the article btw.

I hate that paywall crap.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:23 AM

Thank you, that's definitry exciting news.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:30 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,641,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
Here is the article btw.
In other words, there is nothing new here.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:44 AM

Hampton Inn and Suites

Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts

Old 08-03-2019, 08:28 AM

In regards to the Project Slugger article, I'm very interested in finding out about the few unannounced projects Zack Matheny is referring to near the deck/ballpark which hints of more residential and office, an overlooked detail in the article. We could very well see even more midrise/highrise development near the ballpark. If this comes to fruition, downtown Greensboro will begin to see a level of development similar to whats happening in Charlotte and Raleigh today. Downtown Greensboro finally may be turning the corner.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:29 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,051,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
In regards to the Project Slugger article, I'm very interested in finding out about the few unannounced projects Zack Matheny is referring to near the deck/ballpark which hints of more residential and office, an overlooked detail in the article. We could very well see even more midrise/highrise development near the ballpark. If this comes to fruition, downtown Greensboro will begin to see a level of development similar to whats happening in Charlotte and Raleigh today. Downtown Greensboro finally may be turning the corner.
A level of development similar to Charlotte or Raleigh? No. Not even close. Also, how do you define turning the corner? Let's see if Carroll's project at least begins to get off the ground before we go there.

Glad to see the Hampton Inn is making progress. The Westin continues to be a question mark at best (the smart money is on it not being built... Though don't be surprised if there is a last second bait and switch).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point