Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2017, 10:52 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,058,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
They do look good. While there are other cities in NC that have buildings with lights that can change. to a different color, I haven't seen any that have lights that flash and change in patterns. It's really cool.
I think the Duke Energy Tower in Charlotte has that capability. When I went to the ACC Championship football game a few years ago, the LED boards on the building were actually incorporated into what was going on in the stadium. But it's still cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 10:54 PM

239 posts, read 306,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
Revolving rooftop restaurant is pushing it.
I agree about revolving roof top being over board but we could
Have a regular roof top bar or restaurant. That would be nice.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:37 PM

725 posts, read 495,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
I think the Duke Energy Tower in Charlotte has that capability. When I went to the ACC Championship football game a few years ago, the LED boards on the building were actually incorporated into what was going on in the stadium. But it's still cool.

Yes the Duke Energy has this capability.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:05 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,230,579 times
New outdoor jungle gym opens at the Greensboro Childrens Museum across the street from LeBauer Park. 3 more expansion phases are planned.

30-foot-tall jungle gym opens in Greensboro, families enjoy the added attraction | myfox8.com

Old 05-15-2017, 06:34 AM

511 posts, read 511,555 times
I was so excited to see the new LED lights but the two nights over the weekend I went downtown they were just so dimly lit and made to match the same basic old tungsten orange look it's always had. It's way too dim when it's that color. They need to make a change.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:31 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,962,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
I was so excited to see the new LED lights but the two nights over the weekend I went downtown they were just so dimly lit and made to match the same basic old tungsten orange look it's always had. It's way too dim when it's that color. They need to make a change.
it changes periodically orange/white, however i prefer these over the one, it really lights up the entire structure at night.

Old 05-17-2017, 03:36 AM

I imagine during certain holidays and festivals like Fun 4th and the National Folk Festival, they'll go multi color. I think they were just testing it out the night I took photos. Speaking of which this will be the last year in a 3 year run of Greensboro hosting the National Folk Festival. The city will continue the tradition having a statewide festival every year called the North Carolina Folk Festival.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:40 AM

511 posts, read 511,555 times
It really sucks that the Folk Festival has been the same time as Hopscotch all three years. Next year Greensboro will be able to change the date so it doesn't compete with Hopscotch.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:14 AM

Work in Tracks Bazaar in downtown Greensboro, underway.

Outdoor gallery to help small businesses in Greensboro | myfox8.com

Old 05-24-2017, 02:06 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,388,775 times
This sounds great, but I wonder if it strikes a blow to the chances of Project 561 being built?

"A dynamic new downtown office tower is coming to Greensboro in an unexpected spot overlooking First National Bank Field. Leadership of Gemcap Cos. and Carolina Investment Properties told Triad Business Journal their companies will develop a nine-story tower on four-tenths of an acre next to the home of the Greensboro Grasshoppers at the corner of Eugene and Bellemeade streets in a “50-50 joint partnership.

Tuggle Duggins law firm has committed to a “long-term” lease to occupy the top two floors and approximately half of the seventh floor. “We really wanted to be part of something impactful,” Managing Partner J. Nathan Duggins III said. “We want to be part of a new era in Greensboro.”

The building, the tallest office tower built in downtown Greensboro since the Lincoln Financial Building was built in 1990, will add to a neighborhood that should soon be a hub for activity.

"This area is booming," said Downtown Greensboro Inc. President Zack Matheny. "We're finally achieving the growth that has been pent up."

Developer Roy Carroll is currently building a Hyatt Place hotel and 300 apartments at his Carroll at Bellemeade development. Only a few blocks away, ground has been broken on the $80 million Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts. And Carroll owns land at 201 N. Eugene, where Starwood Hotels & Resorts has listed as an Aloft hotel location scheduled to open in 2020.

On May 2, Greensboro City Council agreed to a Downtown Development Agreement with Carroll to build a 1,050-space parking deck in the Eugene-Bellemeade area that would be turned over to the city to own and manage. Under the agreement, Carroll could lease up to 450 spaces and the ballpark building developers could lease up to 350 spaces — each at “market rates” in the $30 million public portion of the deck."

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/new...989&j=78247811
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point