Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2016, 04:40 AM

604 posts, read 583,919 times

Advertisements

Papa Murphy's Pizza has closed a couple locations, including Cherrydale. Too bad; it was surprisingly good pizza for the money, and MUCH better than the other chains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 07:04 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushCreek View Post
Papa Murphy's Pizza has closed a couple locations, including Cherrydale. Too bad; it was surprisingly good pizza for the money, and MUCH better than the other chains.
Why would I go buy a frozen pizza and have to reheat it at home instead of just going to buy one already hot somewhere else???

Old 07-17-2016, 09:14 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushCreek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Why would I go buy a frozen pizza and have to reheat it at home instead of just going to buy one already hot somewhere else???
I can go to a grocery store, buy a frozen pizza at a lower price, heat it up for 15 minutes, and enjoy. If I want to go out for pizza, I will go to a pizza restaurant.

Pizza Hut #22993, 111 State Park Road, Greenville, South Carolina 29609-2914, is the only pizza restaurant in the Cherrydale area. I have not been back in a year after a bad service. Everyone was in the back of the house not working and goofing off. The dining area was trashed. The food took longer to come out. I can understand why Pizza Hut has not opened in Travelers Rest yet. Pizza Hut #22993 should have crew members with their heads out of their rear ends now.

Old 07-17-2016, 05:10 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,312 times
Quote:
They're not frozen pizzas (not sure where you got that idea from). They're a pizza version of a Chipotle, or Subway, you thell them what you want and they make it there in front of you and you take it home and bake it. They're actually really good, but the one on Wade Hampton closed down too, I just drove by it.

Old 07-17-2016, 05:21 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,763,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
They're actually really good, but the one on Wade Hampton closed down too, I just drove by it.
Agreed, they're a big step up from frozen Pizza, and really bummed about the one on Wade Hampton closing; the one in Taylors?

Old 07-17-2016, 05:32 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
They're not frozen pizzas (not sure where you got that idea from). They're a pizza version of a Chipotle, or Subway, you thell them what you want and they make it there in front of you and you take it home and bake it. They're actually really good, but the one on Wade Hampton closed down too, I just drove by it.
So I still have to bake it at home? Why is it not already baked at the restaurant like at other pizza chains? What a weird pizza place. No wonder they closed down.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:11 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,663,367 times
Quote:
So I still have to bake it at home? Why is it not already baked at the restaurant like at other pizza chains? What a weird pizza place. No wonder they closed down.
We would often buy them while we were in town during the day, and cook them for dinner that night (and they are a huge step up from frozen or even Pizza Hut). We live 20 minutes north of TR, so there's no delivery out here.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:47 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,013,184 times
Doesn't Ingles deli carry the non frozen take home pizza next door at Cherrydale ? I think they do. When Harris Teeter was here they carried them as well and were always excellent. I have seen them at Neighborhood Market at Furman as well.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:26 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Yes, Ingle's, Publix, and Walmart delicatessens do have the non-frozen take home pizza. I have not tried one in years.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:45 AM

723 posts, read 1,149,409 times
But the Papa Murphy pizzas were made fresh to your order, with an extensive offering of toppings and sauces. I shopped at the Five Forks store frequently until it closed. Those pizzas were so much better than pies from the run-of-the-mill chains, and there was something very satisfying about baking the pizza on my own stone in my own oven.

I understand that Your Pie is similar, except that they bake your pizza in their brick oven and then you have to race it home while it is still hot. I'd be willing to try it if that location on Woodruff Road near the Wal-Mart Supercenter weren't so darned difficult to enter and especially to exit during the evening commute. One way or another, you have to cross heavy traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area