Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2021, 10:56 PM

503 posts, read 693,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberclaw View Post
Looks like Dillard's Ice Cream near Conestee Park has closed permanently.

Did they close up shop or is it just the seasonal shutdown they do every winter. The last two winters they have closed up about the end of Oct or so and then reopened in the spring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 10:06 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
There is a Zaxby's and McDonald's a little further up East North at the intersection with Haywood/Howell. Zax replaced the Burger King on E.North.
Those restaurants are in a different trade area.

Old 02-17-2021, 10:39 AM

428 posts, read 362,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Those restaurants are in a different trade area.
Yeah that's too far a drive from Halcyon where I lived. Unless you were coming from that area and stopped on the way home.

Old 02-17-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
JitB is one thing.. One that I don't understand is Schlotzsky's.

I know they had issues in the mid 2000's or so.. But, for a while there, we had one on all corners, it seemed. The original Augusta Rd location, Woodruff, Wade Hampton.. Others I'm sure I've forgotten about.. And now.. Just that Old Spartanburg location remains.

Fatz is another local chain in some serious decline. They, at one time, had a number of Greenville locations.. Now there are none. just Greer.. And if you want to spread out a little, Clinton, Easley and the like.. But.. I dunno.. It's like they just gave up on Greenville.

My brother's friend is the head of IT for Fatz. He keeps saying everything is fine, but I keep seeing Fatz stores closing. The one in Athens is gone. The one in Aiken also.

Old 02-17-2021, 10:57 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,022,762 times
I miss the Fatz of the late 80's. The dark lit ones with the barrel chairs on wheels and the video and trivia machines near the front door. They were known back then for the steak sandwiches with steak fries. Ha.

Old 02-17-2021, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I miss the Fatz of the late 80's. The dark lit ones with the barrel chairs on wheels and the video and trivia machines near the front door. They were known back then for the steak sandwiches with steak fries. Ha.
I've been in the south since 95 and only eaten at a Fatz once. It was the one that was an old mill that burned down. I was not that impressed.

Old 02-17-2021, 11:17 AM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy_army View Post
My brother's friend is the head of IT for Fatz. He keeps saying everything is fine, but I keep seeing Fatz stores closing. The one in Athens is gone. The one in Aiken also.

Lol.. I interviewed for their IT department back in 1997 or so.. Back when they were really growing.

Old 02-17-2021, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Lol.. I interviewed for their IT department back in 1997 or so.. Back when they were really growing.
He started out as a waiter in the early 2000s. Then eventually moved up to manager. He was also doing online school for a network admin degree. when he got the degree they hired him for the head of IT because he already knew all their systems.

Old 02-18-2021, 11:24 AM

128 posts, read 101,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Did they close up shop or is it just the seasonal shutdown they do every winter. The last two winters they have closed up about the end of Oct or so and then reopened in the spring.
It looks like they're gone for good. The whole front end of the exterior where the signage would be was completely painted over white, with no trace of the sign.

Old 02-18-2021, 03:53 PM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberclaw View Post
It looks like they're gone for good. The whole front end of the exterior where the signage would be was completely painted over white, with no trace of the sign.

I'm going to say I think you're wrong.. I did notice driving by there the other day something was different, but.. Didn't catch what it was.

However.. Their FB page has a post from Feb 7th, less than 2 weeks ago, touting less than a month from opening day.

Think they're perhaps just updating the building.

https://www.facebook.com/upstatedill...2232875812928/

Now, that's a page for BOTH their stores, but..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area