Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2014, 02:56 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,763,349 times

Advertisements

@OpenD

Your quote: Oh, and here's another good one to contemplate... let's say that by some miracle the US Government held a fair and open election to determine the future of Hawai'i, and by some additional miracle... really, this is pretty much in the domain of alternate reality fiction, but lets roll with it... say the separatists won the election, and the US withdrew, and the entire economy collapsed... that's pretty much guaranteed... and then some other country decided to invade, to secure the strategic military position the islands provide, using modern military weapons, which the Kingdom of Hawai'i would not possess...

First you forget we(U.S) were separatists at first. How did we survive against other countries etc? Yeah we all know what fair and equal elections mean.

Your freaking out over nothing. Doing the right thing can mean giving the kanaka moali the right to vote which direction they want to go (self determination) instead of stacking the deck to the desirable special interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 04:34 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,818,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
You can jest all you want, its really not as difficult as your making it to be. It could be as simple as letting the Kanaka Moali vote on what they want...
It is extremely difficult because the original occupants of Hawaii have been dead for a VERY long time. That might make it impossible for them to cast their vote. Actually, do we even really know for sure who the original occupants of Hawaii were or is that still up for debate?

So I found this on Wikipedia. "The early settlement history of Hawaii is not completely resolved. One hypothesis is that the first Polynesians arrived in Hawaiʻi in the 3rd century from the Marquesas and were followed by Tahitians in AD 1300, who conquered the original inhabitants."
Native Hawaiians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to this it isn't yet resolved but maybe we should give Hawaii back to the dead people from Marquesas. Ok, that's one down and how many more around the world to go?

Last edited by McFrostyJ; 05-30-2014 at 04:52 AM..

Old 05-30-2014, 10:25 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,932,685 times
Quote:
Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein are all dead too? Does that make a difference?
YES! They don't get to vote in Hawaii either!

Old 05-30-2014, 11:24 AM

@McFrostyJ

All the orginal Native American Indians that we push off the lands and murdered are all dead too, but somehow (this time) we are honoring the treaties we signed for the current generation.

Oh and now that Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein are all dead too, the main reason we went to war. Can we come home? Oh wait? Whats the reason for staying now? And when that justification is gone, what will be the next one.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:38 AM

@McFrostyJ,whtviper1

You know I would just have alot more respect for you guys if you would just come out and say it. That the reason why the U.S Goverment and People will not do what is right for the kanaka moali if given the chance is the same reason that got the U.S Hawai'i in the first place. Money and Self interests. That all the other smoke screen arguments against doing whats right is bogus. Think about it, its the same reason we are still in Iraq after the liberation of kawait, the capture of both Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein and capture of all WMD etc etc.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:

You know I would just have alot more respect for you guys if you would just come out and say it.
I'll say it. There isn't a single person alive today who has any claim of Hawaii being a sovereign nation, therefore it makes it moot.

I categorically reject offspring have some sort of entitlement - that is just silly. Children in today's world are quite frankly over entitled and should focus on themselves and move on.

There, I said it.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisiden View Post

If anyone else wants to depose the U.S., let them try it the old-fashioned way - let them raise and Army and Navy and give it a shot.

My money is on Uncle Sam.

As far as doing the "right thing", we already did that - we won!!!!
Finally, something that made sense!

Old 05-30-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
I'll say it. There isn't a single person alive today who has any claim of Hawaii being a sovereign nation, therefore it makes it moot.

I categorically reject offspring have some sort of entitlement - that is just silly. Children in today's world are quite frankly over entitled and should focus on themselves and move on.

There, I said it.
Oh so you must be 100+ years old then?

Old 05-30-2014, 12:07 PM

@Poisiden,whtviper1

Obviously you don't believe in the "might is right" argument guys do you? I have a hard time with that because people who truely believe that might is right in society don't hide behind laws, police or politicians that protect there personal properties, agendas etc?

Old 05-30-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Heck. Let's make it easier. I guess you'd be 121 years old, congrats. Tell me what you "owned" and let's talk. We can work out a deal. Lol.
@Poisiden

Yeah it nonsense. Welcome back conshelf, twin50s, etc etc etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii