Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2014, 12:25 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,464,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
ODs quote: The same process is happening everywhere, and always has, and always will. Human beings change things. end quote:

Ok pack the bags whats the use of educating people then? Go back to sleep so people can go back to shopping etc.
I'm sorry, but if you think the way to educate people is to keep pounding and pounding and pounding the same stuff over and over and over, beating a dead horse and beating it again and beating it some more, you are seriously mistaken about how this actually works.

To revisit an old saying, "what you resist persists", at least in part because you increase resistance to what you are trying to promote the harder you push it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 12:26 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,763,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5000psi View Post
You have no "arguments" - nil, zip, zero, nada. That's the biggest part of your problem.
Did you fart again? Maybe you should say excuse me, thats always polite.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:30 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,464,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
He's still here, he just posts under one of his other names. We have a few people that like to use more than one account. In fact, John Kaluna has posted within the last hour.
That's unfortunate. It's not only a serious violation of the Terms of Service here, it also works to screw things up here for the people who are fooled by their deception.

Reporting sockpuppet accounts to the moderator so they can be closed helps clean up the ecosystem here.

Last edited by OpenD; 06-13-2014 at 01:10 PM..

Old 06-13-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
I'm sorry, but if you think the way to educate people is to keep pounding and pounding and pounding the same stuff over and over and over, beating a dead horse and beating it again and beating it some more, you are seriously mistaken about how this actually works.

To revisit an old saying, "what you resist persists", at least in part because you increase resistance to what you are trying to promote the harder you push it.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Beating a dead horse is what we do on here, Regurgitate the same stuff over and over again. Go check the archives to today if you don't believe me.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
That's unfortunate. It's not only a serious violation of the Terms of Service here, it also works to screw things up here for the people who are fooled by their deception.
Yeah its even more sad when its selectively enforced to keep the old boys club going.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:57 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,818,921 times
Quote:
Kinda like the Whtviper1, OpenD and McfrostyJ being the same person.

Ok, this has to be the funniest thing ever written on this forum! The only way you could top it is by saying Jungjohann and Jeffington are the same person!

Thanks for the really good laugh, Hawaiian By Heart!

Old 06-13-2014, 12:58 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,932,685 times
Just caught up on all the drama - I forgot, are we debating the silliness of sovereignty or Ala Moana Mall now?

Old 06-13-2014, 01:08 PM

31 posts, read 30,053 times
Quote:
Continue from my last post:

at the issues that special interests and foreigners are killing the island way of life, culture etc. Just the fact that im arguing with you says you have no ideal how much has changed.

ODs quote: Wealth always flows to the most desirable, most beautiful, most interesting places on earth, and in the process changes them. Again, this is not unique to Hawai'i, and it's not something you can stop. It's happening everywhere. Things change. End quote:

I have to keep repeating everything because you keep justify and rationalise the negative effects. I never said stop progress or modernization. What i said was restore balance and respect peoples rights to not wanting there communities Gentrified! Ive used examples of who has the money to control hawaii politics. Let me give you a hint, its not locals or native hawaiians who have the money. So who is it then? Its you who has made it a race issue because you don't want to change, to hell with what the majority may want.
One man's negative effects are another man's positive effects.

The Gentrification IS the progress.

Imagine the Interstate highway system. It is a great highway system that goes coast-to-coast and border-to-border linking major cities. Benefits the USA greatly, and is a great example of progress.

However, in order to construct the highway, houses, farms and other personal property had to be condemned and taken to make way for the right-of-way. Many of those who had their property condemned were unhappy.

The point I am making is that Progress must always move forward, and as it does, the majority of people benefit, but some, will be adversely impacted to some degree or another, always and every time.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Did you fart again? Maybe you should say excuse me, thats always polite.
Treading water in the deep-end I see - blub, blub, blub.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Beating a dead horse is what we do on here, Regurgitate the same stuff over and over again. Go check the archives to today if you don't believe me.
If you think "fighting evil" is what you do here, well Delusion is NOT a River in Egypt, nor is Denial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii