Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 04:36 AM

34 posts, read 53,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric99gt View Post
Jeez....aspartame really must be a poison. I didn't believe it until I read some of jacel0's posts but it's quite obvious now. Thanks jacel0 for the awakening.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm glad I reached someone;
It's worth all the crap I've taken on this sight, -- CALLED A LIER, NOT KNOWING JUST WHAT I'M SAYING;
------- IF I reached just 1 person it is worth it-------;
Everything I've said is completely true;
I've learned to live with aspartame, but when it eliminated my immune system, that IS the straw;
See, because of just that; When I contracted poison shumac, I seen 6 "idoit" doctors 10 times in 6 months; They treated me for poison shumac;
They NEVER took a scraping to figure out IF they were treating the RIGHT ILLNESS;
After 7 months went by, I called Saint Anthony Hospital and told them my problem;-- They told me just where to go and see a "woman" doctor;-- See, --I don't think badly of women--;-- After talking to her, and telling her I had POISON SHUMAC ALL OVER MY BODY, --She ASK if she could take a scraping; She's the ONLY doctor that looked at my WHOLE body;
She came back after a few, and told me, IT'S NOT POISON SHUMAC,-- ---------------IT'S RINGWORM;---------You CAN'T treat shumac with out treating ringworm -- first;-------
Those 5 doctors and 1 dermatologist ---"supposedly doctors"-- I seen 10 times in 6 months --WERE TREATING ME FOR THE WRONG ILLNESS;
------THAT CAUSED IT "SHUMAC" TO GO INSIDE MY BODY;--------
It's very very hard to KNOW that you can't TOUCH any one for fear of giving HER poison shumac ------------------------------------------------------ FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE---------------;
------MAN WAS NOT MENT TO BE ALONE; -- THAT'S WHY WOMAN WAS INVENTED BY GOD;---------------------
Now, I just don't know how much more I can take; ------ I'M IN MY 20TH MONTH OF HAVING SHUMAC POISONING -- IN SIDE MY BODY;-------
But reaching just 1 person about the DANGERS of aspartame is worth all the crap I've taken;

Last edited by jacel0; 10-21-2011 at 05:08 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-21-2011, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you are going to avoid the ingredients in aspartame, here is the diet you will need to follow:

The PKU Diet | Low Protein Living

To avoid phenylalanine, you cannot have;

• Meat.
• Poultry
• Fish
• Eggs
• Cheese
• Pulses (beans and lentils)
• Meat substitutes (e.g. soya products and Quorn™)
• Nuts.

You may have

• Most fruits
• Some vegetables
• Salad
• Sugar
• Spices
• Herbs
• Oil
• Margarine
• Butter

To avoid aspartic acid, you cannot have meat, fish, poultry, seeds, legumes, dried apricots, tofu,soy

Foods High in Aspartic acid - Aspartic acid Foods

A diet beverage with aspartame has about the same amount of phenylalanine as a serving of cream cheese.

People, it is not biologically possible to be "poisoned" by aspartame.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Moderator cut: rude
In 2002, aspartame made me allergic to -- DAIRY, NUT'S, OIL, WHEAT, CHOCOLATE; I know cause I went to see a naturepathic doctor, in Nov. 2002, she didn't charge me for her visit, and sent me to see a man "Dan Langston" that ran a Meridian Stress machine, He tested my body --"electronically" --for 2.5 hours, then told me, he wouldn't have believed it,------------ BUT I WAS ALLERGIC TO ----85%--- OF THE FOODS ON MARKET SHELVES;----------
He put me on 3 liquids, and after 5 months of taking 4 drops of each, 2 times a day, I was able to EAT dairy, wheat, oils, chocolate,and nuts;
So, you see, my life has had it's up's and down's;

-----------------------BUT I DON'T LIE;-----------------------

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-13-2011 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-21-2011, 05:07 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
The reason everyone uses Splenda or sucralose nowadays is because it tastes much more like sugar, is far less toxic than sugar to diabetics, and doesn't have the health problems that MAY be associated with taking aspartame on an empty stomach.

Undoubtedly it is slightly toxic in some way, but so are most natural foods. In fact even water is toxic if taken in very large quantities.

Sweetness is one of the pleasures of life. I'm no longer going to run scurrying from every pleasurable food or activity unless there is a true, very significant, undisputed danger from it. Splenda has no such stigma.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacel0 View Post
-----------------------BUT I DON'T LIE;-----------------------
I don't think anyone is calling you a liar, it's simply that you're mistaken about some things. But then again, so is everyone.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
The reason everyone uses Splenda or sucralose nowadays is because it tastes much more like sugar, is far less toxic than sugar to diabetics, and doesn't have the health problems that MAY be associated with taking aspartame on an empty stomach.

Undoubtedly it is slightly toxic in some way, but so are most natural foods. In fact even water is toxic if taken in very large quantities.

Sweetness is one of the pleasures of life. I'm no longer going to run scurrying from every pleasurable food or activity unless there is a true, very significant, undisputed danger from it. Splenda has no such stigma.
------------------------------------------------------------------
YOUR WRONG ABOUT SPLENDA;
READ THE LAST 2 PAGES OF http;//www.wnho.net/the_ecologist_aspartame_report.htm,--it is the top item on that page,-- That sight -- "The Best Selling Sweetner In The World" is 21 pages long; It is the LAST 2 pages of that page that deals with Splenda;
It causes MASS CONFUSION IN ME; ---- I can't THINK straight;
I've known people that have migraine headaches after taking it;
------GET "RIGHT" BEFORE YOU PUT YOUR FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH;------
------DON'T LET IT BE KNOWN THAT YOUR A "FOOL";-----

Last edited by jacel0; 10-21-2011 at 05:49 AM.. Reason: something else

Old 10-21-2011, 08:23 AM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Moderator cut: rude
In 2002, aspartame made me allergic to -- DAIRY, NUT'S, OIL, WHEAT, CHOCOLATE; I know cause I went to see a naturepathic doctor, in Nov. 2002, she didn't charge me for her visit, and sent me to see a man "Dan Langston" that ran a Meridian Stress machine, He tested my body --"electronically" --for 2.5 hours, then told me, he wouldn't have believed it,------------ BUT I WAS ALLERGIC TO ----85%--- OF THE FOODS ON MARKET SHELVES;----------
He put me on 3 liquids, and after 5 months of taking 4 drops of each, 2 times a day, I was able to EAT dairy, wheat, oils, chocolate,and nuts;
So, you see, my life has had it's up's and down's;

-----------------------BUT I DON'T LIE;-----------------------[/quote]

Gotta watch the dairy and nuts. They have the ingedients for aspartame in them.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-13-2011 at 11:28 AM..

Old 10-21-2011, 02:59 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you are going to avoid the ingredients in aspartame, here is the diet you will need to follow:

The PKU Diet | Low Protein Living

To avoid phenylalanine, you cannot have;

• Meat.
• Poultry
• Fish
• Eggs
• Cheese
• Pulses (beans and lentils)
• Meat substitutes (e.g. soya products and Quorn™)
• Nuts.

You may have

• Most fruits
• Some vegetables
• Salad
• Sugar
• Spices
• Herbs
• Oil
• Margarine
• Butter

To avoid aspartic acid, you cannot have meat, fish, poultry, seeds, legumes, dried apricots, tofu,soy

Foods High in Aspartic acid - Aspartic acid Foods

A diet beverage with aspartame has about the same amount of phenylalanine as a serving of cream cheese.

People, it is not biologically possible to be "poisoned" by aspartame.
Moderator cut: orphaned quote ]
Nah, you did fine--it just made a great springboard for Suzy's point. Except that the problem I have with that point is this: if that's all aspartame is, why can't I just open a capsule of phenylalanine and then a capsule of aspartic acid and sprinkle it on my food? Why do we even need a factory to make it? Methinks it's a bit more complex than that. Besides, cream cheese doesn't cause me to have seizures--if it did, I'd be in trouble.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-13-2011 at 11:29 AM..

Old 10-21-2011, 05:46 PM

It gets split in your stomach if I remember correctly, but it also gives off some methyl alcohol (wood alcohol, somewhat toxic).

Oh, here, Wiki comes to the rescue as usual:
Quote:
Upon ingestion, aspartame breaks down into natural residual components, including aspartic acid, phenylalanine, methanol,[25] and further breakdown products including formaldehyde[26] and formic acid, accumulation of the latter being suspected as the major cause of injury in methanol poisoning. Human studies show that formic acid is excreted faster than it is formed after ingestion of aspartate. In some fruit juices, higher concentrations of methanol can be found than the amount produced from aspartame in beverages Aspartame - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-21-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
I don't think anyone is calling you a liar, it's simply that you're mistaken about some things. But then again, so is everyone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
NO; I'M NOT "MISTAKEN" ABOUT ANYTHING;
IT ALL HAPPENED JUST LIKE I SAID;
I DON'T LIE, OR TELL OTHER'S THEY DO,--UNLESS THEY DO;

Old 10-21-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
It gets split in your stomach if I remember correctly, but it also gives off some methyl alcohol (wood alcohol, somewhat toxic).

Oh, here, Wiki comes to the rescue as usual:
----------------------------------------------------------------- Thank you wiki, for making my point;
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness