Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 03:35 PM

818 posts, read 1,017,819 times

Advertisements

Most any addict will make excuses to defend and justify their addictive habit. There is nothing wrong with the plant itself but the problem lies with the typical potheads attitude, lifestyle and choices. Anyone who says it it harmless is either ignorant, a liar or both. Any plant or herb can be toxic and have adverse affects if abused.
America is a country of overindulgence. Interesting experiment CO has going there.

It's just disgusting how people can say it is totally harmless.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:48 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,883,025 times
Maybe we should just say it's not any worse than alcohol or tobacco and leave it at that.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:21 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,929,816 times
I'm a liberal, libertarian and conservative (depending upon the issue - I think the people who label people as "liberals" are not too smart) . . . I believe if a person wants to grow some weed in their back yard, no big deal - but there is a risk of lung damage (don't know the details). Any pot you purchase has been contaminated with pesticides.

In general, most people are just kind of dumb and don't think too much about what they put into their bodies.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:05 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,498,333 times
The government tries to let on as though they want to stop
pot and other drugs, but that is just a joke, illegal drugs is the cash cow of the country.

It keeps more police working, jails get paid to keep them,
they take the money and drugs and it disapears.
The sellers spend the money on high priced items.

Most of the politicians and movie actors party with drugs, just to name a few things.

Now the government makes it ok to sell, so they can take large taxes,
for who ever to take it and the list goes.

Are they winning the war on drugs no and they do not want to either.

"Winning the War on Drugs"

Asylum Street Spankers - "Winning the War on Drugs" - YouTube

Old 01-10-2014, 09:10 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
drinking alcohol is not harmless. By your logic it should then be made illegal. I'll make sure to start a petition for that. Let's ban everything that is not harmless. Isn't that the argument conservatives usually use to rant against liberals wanting to ban stuff?

Old 01-10-2014, 09:43 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,323,563 times
Are people who believe something you don't believe, or do something you don't do, automatically slapped with the label "liberal"?

I'm a liberal progressive Democrat and I know a lot of other liberals. We aren't all pro-pot and most of us don't use marijuana. Smoking pot is mostly an age thing. Most people don't indulge at all or as often after they have responsibilities that require focus. About the same time we stop going to keggers. Other people just prefer it to alcohol for recreation. Or are you against that, too? But that's neither here nor there. Many of the people who advocate most stridently for decriminalization are LIBERTARIANS, not liberals. Do you understand the difference?

Your post makes broad sweeping statements with nothing to back up your screed except your opinion. Where is your proof that smoking marijuana is harmful? There is plenty of credible medical evidence that it's less harmful than drinking alcohol. And what is a "typical pothead"? My elderly mother suffers from crippling arthritis from head to toe and is in excruciating pain every day. If marijuana would help her manage her pain, I'd be completely in favor of her using it. I also know cancer patients who use it to deal with chemotherapy's nausea. Are they "over-indulgent liberals"?

Old 01-11-2014, 12:21 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,012,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
Most any addict will make excuses to defend and justify their addictive habit. There is nothing wrong with the plant itself but the problem lies with the typical potheads attitude, lifestyle and choices. Anyone who says it it harmless is either ignorant, a liar or both. Any plant or herb can be toxic and have adverse affects if abused.
America is a country of overindulgence. Interesting experiment CO has going there.

So you must be against Alcohol too RIGHT? Because if not, then you are some liberal hypocrite!

Old 01-11-2014, 12:43 AM

210 posts, read 239,026 times
I am a libertarian and have used marijuana on and off for the past 9 years. I was not addicted because the moment I found out I was pregnant and while I was breastfeeding, I never touched it. I earned my masters degree while writing every paper and high. I enjoy cleaning and writing music while high. I don't smoke it because of the harmful effects, rather I cook with it or use a volcano vape. I am a successful, educated "pot head" and I hate the stereotypes against marijuana.

Marijuana can be harmful if the wrong people use it. Put it in the wrong hands and it will ruin lives, but I would argue that those people wouldn't have lived productive or successful lives had they not used marijuana.

I am for the legalization of marijuana for recreational use by adults. Good thing I live in Washington!

Old 01-11-2014, 01:02 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,970,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post

I am in complete agreement but I'm sure your post won't change anyone's mind. People don't want to hear what they don't want to hear. It may be "less bad" than some other vices....but I can't believe how inhaling smoke of any kind could be considered harmless. It's just common sense.

For the record, I think it should be legal, but with restrictions/regulations. There are a lot of people in my area who smoke it openly in public. Personally, I resent being forced to "inhale" and I think these folks should be cited in the same manner as people drinking alcohol openly in public. We had some pot smokers in my apartment building at one point. You'd open the door to the building and there'd be a cloud of pot smoke in the hallway. Disgusting. The landlord finally got them to stop.

Last edited by mysticaltyger; 01-11-2014 at 01:10 AM..

Old 01-11-2014, 07:55 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,727,089 times
Marijuana - Marijuana Use and Effects of Marijuana

I'm not a liberal and I don't consider the "pro-pot" movement "liberal hype."

While I do not choose to use it, I waver back and forth on the issue. On one hand , I believe it should be used for medicinal purposes such as the situations cited by Jukesgrrl. On the other hand, I have to question how DUI or DWI will be enforced if someone is suspected of "Driving while stoned." In the webmd article I've shared it , mentions how long THC can stay in one's system. What if one of our casual user friendsgot high on Saturday night and is tired (Not stoned) and happens to Weave a little on their drive home Monday following a long day at work? there would be THC in their system and if blood tested, would test positive.

As an asthmatic who has suffered attacks in the presence of tobacco smoke, I would want to know what will be done to restrict pot smoking in public places -or will it be limited to special shops or cafes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness