Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 11:38 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,925,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
And that sort of silliness makes you a liberal.
Smoking (inhaling poisonous gases) anything is harmful. Doesn't matter whether it is less harmful or more harmful than alcohol; that's a fool's argument.

Calling the legalization of pot "medical marijuana" is just a scam cooked up by those who want to smoke pot.
Witness the long lines in Colorado - all, we must presume, buying weed in order to alleviate profound suffering.
But the height of absurdity is the headline that proclaimed help was on the way for multitudes of children who suffer from seizures. Help, of course, is in the form of medical marijuana, which is purchased by the kids' parents.
Liberals, it seems, are incapable of honesty, and must disguise their self indulgent desires as simple concern for others.
Poppycock. They just want to smoke pot.
Who are these fictional liberals of which you speak?

I find the simplistic labeling of people as "liberals," "illegals," et al offensive.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:46 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,394,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Marijuana - Marijuana Use and Effects of Marijuana

I'm not a liberal and I don't consider the "pro-pot" movement "liberal hype."

While I do not choose to use it, I waver back and forth on the issue. On one hand , I believe it should be used for medicinal purposes such as the situations cited by Jukesgrrl. On the other hand, I have to question how DUI or DWI will be enforced if someone is suspected of "Driving while stoned." In the webmd article I've shared it , mentions how long THC can stay in one's system. What if one of our casual user friendsgot high on Saturday night and is tired (Not stoned) and happens to Weave a little on their drive home Monday following a long day at work? there would be THC in their system and if blood tested, would test positive.

As an asthmatic who has suffered attacks in the presence of tobacco smoke, I would want to know what will be done to restrict pot smoking in public places -or will it be limited to special shops or cafes?
That is exactly what I've been wondering - how does the determination of "under the influence" be enforced?

If it's legal - will individual employers still be able to prohibit it from the workplace?

Old 01-12-2014, 11:49 AM

34 posts, read 63,554 times
I'm all for legalizing and then stigmatize the heck out of it. Like tobacco, alcohol, unsafe sex etc. Still, it appears some people like being told what to do, what to buy, and how to act and these stimulants certainly make them pliable.

For the life of me, I can't understand why people need this garbage in a recreational sense. I've certainly inhaled, but definitely not for me.

There are, however, medicinal, economic, industrial and societal (lower crime/ incarceration) benefits that should be explored- but we can only do that with legalization. We'll never know until we go down that rabbit hole.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:49 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
Most any addict will make excuses to defend and justify their addictive habit. There is nothing wrong with the plant itself but the problem lies with the typical potheads attitude, lifestyle and choices. Anyone who says it it harmless is either ignorant, a liar or both. Any plant or herb can be toxic and have adverse affects if abused.
America is a country of overindulgence. Interesting experiment CO has going there.

It's just disgusting how people can say it is totally harmless.
The War on Drugs is far more harmful, however.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:12 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,526,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
That is exactly what I've been wondering - how does the determination of "under the influence" be enforced?

If it's legal - will individual employers still be able to prohibit it from the workplace?
There is no law in CO that protects marijuana users from employment drug tests. However, testing is flawed if someone who smokes occasionally can test positive for days, weeks or even months after use. If MJ testing can't measure the high which lasts only at most a few hours, then it is wrong and it is keeping lots of people from pursuing the American way of life.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:05 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Well, by that logic...... there goes bacon......

I'm a responsible user, a little in some cooking, here and there. I'm not hardcore like every morning for breakfast.

I know that any use of bacon can be a slippery slope, but I am not addicted or mis-using it!! I even tell my doctor.

Just because I use here and there doesn't mean I will become a user!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-12-2014, 03:10 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
Off the political spin and back to topic please or this will be closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:30 PM

203 posts, read 321,452 times
An interesting link: Dr Carl Hart (Neuroscientist) on why Drugs Aren't the Problem. I just viewed this a few mins ago and thought it might be interesting for some of you to watch. I think it fits into this discussions since some view pot as such a negative. Dr Hart talks mostly about more intense drugs, but it still caught me off guard, I learned something totally new and though I never looked at pot as a blasphemous choice, I now see it much more benignly than I originally did!

Hope this is interesting to you.

"Drugs Aren

Old 01-12-2014, 03:36 PM

1,669 posts, read 2,243,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
Most any addict will make excuses to defend and justify their addictive habit. There is nothing wrong with the plant itself but the problem lies with the typical potheads attitude, lifestyle and choices. Anyone who says it it harmless is either ignorant, a liar or both. Any plant or herb can be toxic and have adverse affects if abused.
America is a country of overindulgence. Interesting experiment CO has going there.

It's just disgusting how people can say it is totally harmless.
(Your whiny dogma is showing)

Old 01-12-2014, 03:38 PM

1,669 posts, read 2,243,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Off the political spin and back to topic please or this will be closed.
Right. Because you couldn't tell within a fraction of a microsecond from the title of the thread where this one was headed without seven pages of partisan bickering?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness