Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 10:09 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Unless your pot's organic, the harm is from toxins - pesticides and flowering enhancers. Cancer causing, I would imagine.
Most of the pot around here is grown organically, or at least you can CHOOSE to buy only organic.

(personally I don't care, but know many people who do)

Old 01-12-2014, 10:13 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
I'm glad it's legal, and wish more states would legalize. Having drug wars on someone who smokes a doobie is not really a good use of our tax money, causes minimal harm, and increases the tax base.

I lean more conservative and I don't smoke it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-12-2014, 10:14 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Unless your pot's organic, the harm is from toxins - pesticides and flowering enhancers. Cancer causing, I would imagine.

So do our fruits and vegetables, but I don't see anyone trying to outlaw that.

As with everything, buy organic if that's your concern.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-12-2014, 10:30 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,614 times
In the interest of accuracy, I will say it is 98%-99% harmless. It is 100% non-toxic, not a poison, just a fact. The common side effect for smoking it is a cough. Those who are new to it or smoke as much of a high THC first trying it when used to lower THC, may get different effect & panic. New users may feel a bit dizzy (sit down!). Heavy use of a high THC strain may experience a hallucination (may be surprise but likely not panic). An example, after dark some patches of ground may seem shiny.

It's just that the good outweighs the bad 25:1 or even 50:1. Has 124 medical uses rxmarijuana dot com/ & death rate regardless of amount used is 0%. Just type "marijuana deaths" into Wikipedia & it will say "the page you requested, marijuana deaths, does not exist." Today's kids are showing more interest in MJ, but less in alcohol & American teens are using tobacco at a very low rate, so maybe health conscious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
Most any addict will make excuses to defend and justify their addictive habit. There is nothing wrong with the plant itself but the problem lies with the typical potheads attitude, lifestyle and choices. Anyone who says it it harmless is either ignorant, a liar or both. Any plant or herb can be toxic and have adverse affects if abused.
America is a country of overindulgence. Interesting experiment CO has going there.

It's just disgusting how people can say it is totally harmless.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Maybe we should just say it's not any worse than alcohol or tobacco and leave it at that.
Cannabis in oil form can cure cancer & most other fatal illnesses, according to Run From The Cure, video by Rick Simpson. He spent his entire life savings of $1.3 million curing about 5,000 people of cancer and other often fatal illnesses. US ordered Canada to arrest Rick as a drug dealer! Can alcohol or tobacco cure often fatal illnesses? Not picking on you, as I realize you are trying to get uneducated at least part of the way towards truth.

If smoking it, 10%-25% less chance of being diagnosed with cancer. But those who already have cancer need to use it in oil form for cure. It is a very good treatment for mental health issues and many types of physical pain. 124 medical uses rxmarijuana dot com/ Best wishes.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:05 PM

Some as young as 5 or 6 have said that want to die. I've never heard of anyone committing suicide while feeling the effects of cannabis. We havew a minimum age of 21 on alcohol because it kills people, crashes
in cars, acute overdose & long term damage. Minimum age of 19 for cigarettes for damage & death.

Cannabis has 0% death rate & 124 medical uses rxmarijuana dot com/ so why are minimum age limits needed? Is it so they have more time to get on the harmaceutical cos. poisons, or that they get first legal chance on alcohol & tobacco that kill hundreds of thousands? Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
There are going to be numerous side effects from it. I believe in personal responsibility. The legal age should be 25 to buy it in my opinion.
Not everyone is mature at 18 or 21 or whatever it is. It is not healthy for immature people to drink or take drugs as they do not know themselves yet.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:12 PM

Internet polls have shown up to 96% for legalization, whereas support from general public is under 60%. The more one learns about cannabis, the more likely they favor legalization.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:18 PM

Thanks for mentioning Kaiser (Permanente) HMO. They did "marijuana" study in 1997 that determined it was not a cause of death. Best wishes.

(quote) Alcohol is legal for adults over 21... do you know of many employers who allow drunkenness on the job? Marijuana is legal for medical use here in California, and employers are still free to test if they want - just as they can also test for alcohol and nicotine, as I'm pretty sure Kaiser does now.

So most likely it will be left up to the employers, and if a business/institution decides they don't want to hire pot smokers, they can make that call themselves. Thankfully mine doesn't care, as long as we're not intoxicated AT work. [/quote]

Old 01-12-2014, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Only an idiot would grow it with pesticides, since bugs don't even like this plant. Seems most growers would at least go to some pothead sites, or buy some of the many growing guides for sale on Amazon.
Not even 1 person has been proven to have died as a direct result of cannabis use, despite being used by over 1 billion since our earliest recorded history.

Even if the plant had cancer-causing pesticides on it, about half a dozen of the cannabinoids in the plant have been shown to fight cancer. In oil form, cannabis has been shown to cure cancer. Best wishes.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:37 PM

Why call it garbage? Recreational users might have a medical need, too. Let's say a person feels really bad, smokes some pot. Medicine, right? But then they smoke more to feel even better? Then is it the less important "recreational? The medicinal values were proven centuries before it was illegal. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypoGlyco View Post
For the life of me, I can't understand why people need this garbage in a recreational sense. I've certainly inhaled, but definitely not for me.

There are, however, medicinal, economic, industrial and societal (lower crime/ incarceration) benefits that should be explored- but we can only do that with legalization. We'll never know until we go down that rabbit hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness