Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 08:06 PM

540 posts, read 653,721 times

Advertisements

LOL at "typical pothead". If you only knew what you were talking about. Believe it or not, people with alot more education than you such as Physicians light up after a stressful day. How do I know? Because my wife is a trauma surgeon and she knows more about the body and whats harmful than you do. I'll trust her knowledge over yours.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:23 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,931,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisaro TMF View Post
LOL at "typical pothead". If you only knew what you were talking about. Believe it or not, people with alot more education than you such as Physicians light up after a stressful day. How do I know? Because my wife is a trauma surgeon and she knows more about the body and whats harmful than you do. I'll trust her knowledge over yours.
This reminds me of: "My dad can beat up your dad" style of argument.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:25 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,800,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Maybe we should just say it's not any worse than alcohol or tobacco and leave it at that.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:31 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,800,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
What really scares me is that I know of several MDs who smoke on their days off, and who are putting patients under anesthesia during the week.

bet lots more are drinking alcoholic beverages. And lots of em

Old 01-13-2014, 08:58 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
City/state/federal government are banning the use of a legal product 'tobacco' everywhere because of health concerns and have huge taxes on it. A majority of people don't like the odor of tobacco, the 'second hand smoke' thing or they are allergic to it. So I don't get a majority of people saying they support legalizing marijuana. Would they be as supportive if the same exact ingredients were in pill form for their claim of 'medical' purposes?
They are available in pill form, and many people find them quite convenient. As well as in food, vaporizers, etc.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-13-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
This reminds me of: "My dad can beat up your dad" style of argument.
Well if "My Dad" was a heavy weight champion professional fighter and yours was an out of shape cubical worker he could. Your post makes no sense. Are you saying 12 years of rigorous training on the human body doesn't hold weight? Like I said what does the OP know to make these assumptions.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
bet lots more are drinking alcoholic beverages. And lots of em
He'd really be scared if he knew how many resident physicians were on coke during pgy 1 to stay awake. Scared about some weed smoking docs when more are drunks and go to work drunk.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:22 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I was a counselor in a long-term drug rehab for teens and young adults...........hardcore cases. Almost all of them entered the world of drugs through pot. Now their lives were in the sewer.
Just saying.
I've been around my share of alcoholics, and almost all of them started with their mother's milk. Just saying.

You do realize the "gateway drug" concept is a fallacy, right? Correlation does not imply causation, as proven by the fact that MOST people who've smoked pot don't go on to become hardcore junkies. Pretty sure at least half of Americans have tried pot, in which case your "logic" would imply we're a nation of 50%+ junkies; which just isn't true. So where's your proof it leads to hard drug use or lives being ruined? Guessing you don't have any, and no, a few anecdotes don't count. But if we're sharing little personal stories, my life is quite good thanks.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
$300/oz!? I have heard it is more than that in my state. Seems like a ripoff to me!
Depends on where (and from whom) you buy it here, also the quality matters. I just came back from the cannabis club, and they're charging $15-18/gram - which would ironically be around $420/oz, but they do give a slight price break for quantity. And yes, that is ridiculous!! When I lived in San Francisco itself, I was paying no more than $180-200/oz through a medical delivery service. Boy, I miss SF.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
*waving hand* Yes--me!

Not all of us do drugs or drink...
Just as an FYI, when they mentioned "sipping a mind-altering substance of choice," that could include caffeine... so if you went to Starbucks or sipped a Diet Coke, you would not qualify to raise your hand. Also taking meds like Prozac, Oxy, Valium, even Benadryl (makes me loopy!), would disqualify you. So yeah, I doubt there are many folks who don't do anything "mind-altering" or unhealthy. How are your eating habits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness