Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 03:47 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
It hasn't changed anyone's daily habits in Arizona.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/contin...8b2028d1d.html

And I thought when I lived in FL I'd met all the stupid people. I was wrong.
People still will be swayed by locality and numbers.

AZ still has less than 300 confirmed cases (as of now). Meanwhile, NJ is inching towards 3000.

I think that makes a huge difference. While it's a national/global phenomenon, there's still a little bit of ... 'well, it's more their problem, not ours'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2020, 04:04 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post

AZ still has less than 300 confirmed cases (as of now). Meanwhile, NJ is inching towards 3000.

I think that makes a huge difference. While it's a national/global phenomenon, there's still a little bit of ... 'well, it's more their problem, not ours'.
It's human nature. Also, a lot will not be concerned until someone they know has it, or god forbid, someone they know dies.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-23-2020, 04:06 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times
Here is a question.

We have no problem restricting flights & travel from countries that are outbreak hotspots.
(Like China early on)

Should our country do the same from US States that are hotspots ?? Wa, Ca, NY for example.

Old 03-23-2020, 04:08 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,979,734 times
I haven't been in a store for weeks, and I have no intention of doing so again. Ordering groceries online for pickup, but can't schedule it yet because they're booked up solid.

Ordering a few things from amazon, like new gardening gloves because mine have holes in them, more beads because I need them, more yarn because I need it for knitting , and my special diabetic chocolate chips, which I need because I don't want to live without chocolate.... I don't need hand sanitizer and paper towels, just all these truly important things.

Last edited by oldgardener; 03-23-2020 at 04:36 PM..

Old 03-23-2020, 04:32 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Here is a question.

We have no problem restricting flights & travel from countries that are outbreak hotspots.
(Like China early on)

Should our country do the same from US States that are hotspots ?? Wa, Ca, NY for example.
Florida just put into effect...

https://www.wesh.com/article/new-yor...irus/31902115#

Good luck enforcing that.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:25 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,617,004 times
Quote:

It would be more helpful if the FL governor would shut down all the beaches and institute a few other closures. But he won't. He's stupid as Arizona's governor.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:26 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,617,004 times
Quote:

That's because of testing limitations. State only had 200 tests to begin with, as of 3/13. We obtained a few more since then and some labs have been approved for testing. I expect our numbers to jump significantly over the next 2 weeks.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:41 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times
Quote:

Interesting..

I live in a small NC Coastal town and we were getting lots of NY families arriving here to ride out the epidemic. Our mayor finally shut down all short term rentals.

Old 03-24-2020, 06:51 AM

4,557 posts, read 3,756,246 times
When are we expecting the peak of COVID-19? Seems like people are getting relaxed here because not many hospitalizations.

CDC people state 2-3 weeks more, beg of April as the peak, but could be even later?

Old 03-25-2020, 08:06 PM

465 posts, read 303,913 times
My former state was getting up at 4:30am daily and taking a train into the city and back. Also in a cornhole league at one of the bars in the city, my only night out of the week. The only place I really go on the weekends is to the gym.

Now my daily routine is sleep in about two hours later and drive to our disaster recovery center in the sticks outside of the city four days a week and work from home once a week. Our recovery site center is thoroughly disinfected and sanitizer all over the place. There's also not that many people there and everyone sits about 10-12 feet from each other. If I get home before 8, I try and do some food or liquor shopping before the stores close (Tend to be less people around that time). My weekends only consist of supporting my local businesses by getting takeout. To fill the void with the gym, I'm experimenting with some workouts on You Tube (My god I was so sore after this past weekend) and for cardio I ran a few miles on the bike path outside my place. I'm hoping to build on this in the coming weekends, especially with the warmer weather. I'm also looking to set up some kind of virtual happy hours with a few of my friends in the coming weekends.

I'm dead set that things won't normalize for awhile so might as well adjust to what you can and focus on the positives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness