Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 04:11 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,017,680 times

Advertisements

My bank has closed its lobby. The one drive up window in my area had a huge line of cars waiting. But they had people there to see what you needed and if they could streamline it. Took my checks and promised they'd be deposited within 20 minutes. Sure enough - I go e-receipts about 20 minutes later!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2020, 09:20 AM

19,535 posts, read 9,549,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
My 13 year old pekingese with heart failure and blind (due to his eyes being removed last year for glaucoma and ulcers) needed his heart meds. They told me to drive to the parking lot, call the clinic, they would come out, get my credit card, give me the meds, go in and use the card and bring it back to the car.....they either do that with everyone or only the elderly, I'm 73.....
I received an email from our vet office to that same effect. It appears that the email from our vet office was directed to all pet parents.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:35 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,619,106 times
It hasn't changed anyone's daily habits in Arizona.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/contin...8b2028d1d.html

And I thought when I lived in FL I'd met all the stupid people. I was wrong.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:12 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
No one going out, no one coming in......no bra!

Old 03-22-2020, 03:15 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,023,646 times
Well, my millennial neighbors nextdoor are having a party in their driveway. Must be 15 people sitting in lawn chairs with walkers stopping in. They really don't think this applies to them.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:54 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,619,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Well, my millennial neighbors nextdoor are having a party in their driveway. Must be 15 people sitting in lawn chairs with walkers stopping in. They really don't think this applies to them.
Bad move on their part, because data out of South Korea (who tested everyone, symptoms or not) and early data from the US both show the highest hit group is not the elderly. It's the 20-29 group.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:39 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,023,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Bad move on their part, because data out of South Korea (who tested everyone, symptoms or not) and early data from the US both show the highest hit group is not the elderly. It's the 20-29 group.
Their kids were across the street playing. I bet they don't understand why schools were closed. No doubt they think the rest of us are dolts.

Old 03-23-2020, 02:21 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
We are retired, and we live in WA State, though not in Seattle metro area. We are doing social distancing for almost two weeks. We have barely gone out our front door. 11/2 weeks ago was our last visit to a grocer. We ordered more food three days ago from our local Kroger owned grocer.

DH got sick last week, but he is in active recovery now. He had a cold, and often colds make him surprisingly sick. He is still coughing up stuff from his lungs. I have gotten a milder symptom. Neither of us is in any distress.

Both of us are too old to get this virus without serious, life threatening repercussions. We are doing everything we can to stay healthy.

Old 03-23-2020, 03:14 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,017,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
We are retired, and we live in WA State, though not in Seattle metro area. We are doing social distancing for almost two weeks. We have barely gone out our front door. 11/2 weeks ago was our last visit to a grocer. We ordered more food three days ago from our local Kroger owned grocer.

DH got sick last week, but he is in active recovery now. He had a cold, and often colds make him surprisingly sick. He is still coughing up stuff from his lungs. I have gotten a milder symptom. Neither of us is in any distress.

Both of us are too old to get this virus without serious, life threatening repercussions. We are doing everything we can to stay healthy.
I am staying home also. 62 with controlled blood pressure for 20+ years.
Many around me are getting take out daily to help the local restaurants out, but I am not even doing that.
Plus I have a stocked freezer I need to use.

Old 03-23-2020, 03:29 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Weds. we will venture out for fresh food, and pick up stuff for friends in the area. It's not necessary, but if this continues much longer I think we will start to see people acting out. Or at least the possibility of it.

I've stayed on property for the last 3 weeks, which isn't that bad because it's a couple acres. It's a good run around the perimeter.

DH has been self quarantined and that ends Weds. so after that we can start hiking (no people at all), taking drives and taking pictures, then editing when I get home will keep me occupied for hours. We can also start karaoke, and playing some of the exercise type video games we have.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness