Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2020, 04:15 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I swallowed wrong at work today and of course I coughed. The reaction was the same as if I stood up and yelled “I have Corona!” and started coughing on people. It’s ridiculous.

'yes it is and people dont consider the pollen count is really high in some areas of the country right now so people need to get theirs heads out of the sand and stop giving people the death stare when someone coughs or sneezes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 05:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
'yes it is and people dont consider the pollen count is really high in some areas of the country right now so people need to get theirs heads out of the sand and stop giving people the death stare when someone coughs or sneezes.
So true; our daughter had a sinus infection last week and of course the allergies, for most of us are just getting into high swing. so most of the sneezing and coughs we are hearing on simply seasonal reaction to the air quality. Our daughter did check with her PC if she would be ok to come to our house last night as we are elderly so they call us. The doctor assured her she was fine and her sinus infection was just that.

We are not taking this lightly of course, but we are not going overboard either. Like so many of us have been saying for weeks now: use common sense but don't panic. I feel sorry for anyone who is sick for any reason, but I also feel awful for those who are either losing their jobs or in the worse cases businesses that may have to close their doors because of the scare the experts have put into us and all the restrictions.

Our granddaughter, who is a nurse practitioner was told by her employer she and the family can not even go one state away to see family for spring break unless she is willing to be quarantined for 2 weeks when she returns home and of course, with no pay.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I wonder how long people can take being "Sheltered in place". I thought it would be easy I always wanted to work from home 100%, but didn't take but a week my wife and I really miss getting out to do things. Were in Phoenix were going to go out do some outdoor stuff hiking. Just the little things like going out to BBQ, or stake dinner hope this is over with sooner then later.
Same here: we are seniors and sometimes we forget that and get overly busy. Hubby will hear me say I just want to relax one day. I am sick of go here, go there. Well now after only 3 days of not even starting the car, not sports on TV and nothing much to do, we are going nuts. Today, I will have my bridge group here all afternoon and Friday doctors appointments and some shopping. We are also feeling this financually and of course we no longer work but we do have a very small pet sitting business which is our stash money for entertainment, travel, etc. Most of our clients have had to cancel vacations and visit to family so our business for the next "God only knows" how long has dried up. I just hope all this is for a good reason.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:48 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I swallowed wrong at work today and of course I coughed. The reaction was the same as if I stood up
and yelled “I have Corona!” and started coughing on people. It’s ridiculous.
Oh, gosh that made me laugh...you're a good storyteller.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:54 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoSomething View Post
A coworker was at work yesterday with a sore throat and a cough. (She always has a cough, though.)
What? Just Yesterday?
If I knew she had a sore throat I would have stood up and pointed to the door ---
announcing - to all, 'Sue has a sore throat... Please Leave...and best wishes.'
I'm pretty ballsy.

(If someone is not like me I would have told the head person - Tell her to get out of here!)

Old 03-18-2020, 06:35 AM

3,090 posts, read 1,549,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
What? Just Yesterday?
If I knew she had a sore throat I would have stood up and pointed to the door ---
I'm pretty ballsy.

(If someone is not like me I would have told the head person - Tell her to get out of here!)
A sore throat means nothing. You are jumping to conclusions!

Old 03-18-2020, 06:48 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,281,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
What? Just Yesterday?
I'm pretty ballsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
A sore throat means nothing. You are jumping to conclusions!
Things are just a little different now. If I got a sore throat or runny nose, I’d stay home. However, I did that before and it’s pretty easy for me to work from home.

Old 03-18-2020, 09:00 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,631,334 times
I'm wondering if someone won't eat inside a restaurant at this time, why would they get take out or delivery? I'm making all my meals at home for now. Some places are saying you can send them a picture of exactly where you'd like
your delivery to be placed so you don't have to be near the delivery person. Still doesn't make sense to me. I'm thinking any food prepared outside your home is questionable because you don't know if someone with the virus prepared it or the person delivering it. You are till going to be touching the bag etc that others touched. How long does the virus stay on food or packaging? I have lots of questions, but for now I don't need the answers cause I'm staying home!

Old 03-18-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlelu View Post
I'm wondering if someone won't eat inside a restaurant at this time, why would they get take out or delivery? I'm making all my meals at home for now. Some places are saying you can send them a picture of exactly where you'd like
your delivery to be placed so you don't have to be near the delivery person. Still doesn't make sense to me. I'm thinking any food prepared outside your home is questionable because you don't know if someone with the virus prepared it or the person delivering it. You are till going to be touching the bag etc that others touched. How long does the virus stay on food or packaging? I have lots of questions, but for now I don't need the answers cause I'm staying home!
I don't know if anyone has an answer to your question about how long the virus stays on packaging or food. I do understand the pick up outside and it makes good sense. Yes, there may be concerns about the food contamination but the big worry is other eating in the restaurants. Our favorite Mexican restaurant is offering 10% off for curb delivery. We are going to take them up on this in the next few days. At least it is one less meal I will have to fix. Even though I love to cook, I also like a break from time to time.

Old 03-18-2020, 10:01 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,631,334 times
Found this article that is helpful:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/coron...b6eab7793cb07b
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness