Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 06:42 AM

17,203 posts, read 15,390,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I have to admit, I am amazed. How can a team suffer the collapse they did, I just don't get it.
Watch them play: They have two guys who show up every night and every shift. The rest of the team has become extremely lazy. It's painful to watch. Why is it that if Subban loses the puck, the other team pretty much automatically scores? The dude's an offensive D-Man. He is going to carry the puck. The other players should be prepared to rush back should anything happen. Karlsson and Doughty both have high turnover numbers too due to their style, but their teammates help carry the defensive load.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 03:22 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Not that it matters but they've now lost Brendan Gallagher indefinitely.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-t...r-body-injury/

Their season being officially over i hope they make some major trades before next season.IMO no one would be untouchable, i'd also have a serious look at some big changes in management.

Last edited by jambo101; 03-08-2016 at 03:33 PM..

Old 03-09-2016, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
i hope they make some major trades before next season.IMO no one would be untouchable,
OK i'd keep Galchenyuk..

Old 03-09-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
OK i'd keep Galchenyuk..
What in the world took so long to put him at center? He needs to be at center with Gallagher and Pacioretty at the wing. I've been saying this forever. Now he's at center, and all of a sudden you've unleashed a beast of a player. SMH...

The season being lost, regroup, make some trades, but I think they should keep the core. Subban, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Price and Markov. Maybe keep Condon as a backup. Scrivens is just too slow. (That 3rd Dallas goal is something that happens way too often.) The rest should all be trade bait.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
What in the world took so long to put him at center? He needs to be at center with Gallagher and Pacioretty at the wing. I've been saying this forever. Now he's at center, and all of a sudden you've unleashed a beast of a player. SMH...

Amazing how you and i can see how obvious this move is to benefit the team yet management doesnt seem to have a clue..
You may not agree but i'd let Price get good and healthy then trade him after the season is over. He always seems to have the potential but never really capitalizes on it.
I'd also give serious consideration to doing the same for Subban,he just makes too many mistakes that cost the team,

Old 03-11-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Amazing how you and i can see how obvious this move is to benefit the team yet management doesnt seem to have a clue..
You may not agree but i'd let Price get good and healthy then trade him after the season is over. He always seems to have the potential but never really capitalizes on it.
I'd also give serious consideration to doing the same for Subban,he just makes too many mistakes that cost the team,
I disagree about Subban. He does make some mistakes, yes, but his production FAR outweighs any errors he makes. His ice time is sky high, as his his possession time. I think the reason why his errors appear the way they do is due to lack of support from the rest of the team. Look at that turnover vs LA last week: where were the rest of the guys? Nonchalantly skating around, waiting for him to skate it up. Why wasn't someone back there with him to create an opportunity for a lateral pass? Not to mention, if a DMan is skating up, a player should ALWAYS stay back a little in case such an error occurs. I think he is BY FAR the most important player on the ice.
As for Price, I think last year would have had an entirely different outcome had Kreider not crashed into him. Same with this season. Our backups stink. Condon is decent, but not dependable to play good every game. Scrivens is too slow. Needs to go to the AHL.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:14 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,992,657 times
It's just been a crappy year for the Canadian teams! I dunno if it's because the Loonie has been on the downward swing or what, but it just is! I hope it's just a temporary blip and that the teams of the Great White North will bounce back next year! The NHL playoffs just ain't the same without them!

Old 03-15-2016, 02:06 AM

Kinda depressing to envision no Canadian team making the playoffs this year.
Over The Boards: All seven Canadian NHL teams in danger of missing playoffs | Toronto Star

Old 03-15-2016, 06:21 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Kinda depressing to envision no Canadian team making the playoffs this year.
Over The Boards: All seven Canadian NHL teams in danger of missing playoffs | Toronto Star
Yeah I read that article yesterday. Kind of sad.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Yeah I read that article yesterday. Kind of sad.
The Canadiens' only excuse is poor management. There is no other reason why they should be doing so poorly this season. It's been an ongoing issue for the Canadiens, with idiotic trades such as that of Halak in 2010. Koivu got traded for no good reason as well, and then a total lack of leadership ensued. Now, you trade Dale Weise for next to nothing, and practically give away Smith-Pelly who was fitting in very well. Keep throwing Desharnais on the top line (for whatever reason... He's NOT GOOD) over Galchenyuk...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey