Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 05:51 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,160,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I thought the poster meant Bed, Bath and Beyond since they usually have a generous return policy.

Anyway, I had a Mr. Coffee until it died. After some research, I ended up purchasing a Hamilton Beach Two-Way Brewer. (Not the one that takes k-cups because that one many people complained that they had issues with the k-cup side. I got the one that takes a myriad of different types of pods.) I love this coffee maker because you can brew the carafe or a single cup/mug---and the single side you determine how much water you want. It's perfect for my husband and I because we work opposite shifts and depending on our schedules, we either brew the carafe or individual cups. The only downside is if you want to buy pods, you don't have as many options and they can be a PITA to find in a regular store. Ground coffee/pods/whatever as long as I get it.

Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer, Model# 49980Z - Walmart.com
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 07:50 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,051,685 times
I just got back from BBB and I got a Hamilton Flex Brew Coffee Maker. Not only does it do ground coffee, but K-cups too as well as making your coffee regular or bold. I was going to get what I had, but they were out and I should of gotten it when they did but they are a discontinued model. The new ones are new big.

Old 12-13-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
DESCALING YOUR KEURIG® BREWER

http://www.keurig.com/medias/Descali...ZGQ2N2JlMGQ2Yg

Mine died and it's replacement was:

Cuisinart SS-700 Single Serve Keurig Brewing System - Factory Refurbished

Cuisinart SS 700 Single Serve Keurig Brewing System Factory Refurbished | eBay

I once had a Capresso for numerous of years and when it went out, the company replaced it with a refurbished one which had issues in time. I would never get a refurbished one. Cheaper just to buy one. Better yet, BBB replaces anything you purchase. I've returned so many coffee makers I've lost count....mostly K-cups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
Oh goodness do I feel stupid, thank you.
Your welcome

Old 12-13-2015, 08:23 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,655,360 times
Cheap Mr. Coffee, it's at least 3 years old and works great. We use it several times every single day, for coffee and tea.

Old 12-13-2015, 08:55 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Bed Bath & Beyond. If you buy one from them and something happens they will take it back and exchange for nothing. That's their policy.

Yup.

One of my favorite comments on a different board was from a woman in line at BB&B. A woman purchasing a Keurig asked the employee about their return policy. He replied, Just bring it it when it breaks; they always do.

Also, it's pretty sad when women (yes, women--who represent the vast majority of Keurig purchasers) are over the moon over the company's generous return policy, rather than being ticked about their shoddy merchandise.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Yup.

One of my favorite comments on a different board was from a woman in line at BB&B. A woman purchasing a Keurig asked the employee about their return policy. He replied, Just bring it it when it breaks; they always do.

Also, it's pretty sad when women (yes, women--who represent the vast majority of Keurig purchasers) are over the moon over the company's generous return policy, rather than being ticked about their shoddy merchandise.

I guess your picking on me but normally I don't return stuff very often, rarely. I have with Keurigs because I had so many issues with the brewing of little tiny amounts, but never this issue with filling a 16 oz cup when it is suppose to be I think 10 oz on the large cup. I think some people take advantage of such things. I've known women who wear clothes and then afterwards return them. Not right at all, but there are people out there who do such things, not me. Anyways, I forgot about their return policy and called them to ask if I could return.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:49 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,528,052 times
I hate cleaning coffee makers and I don't like them taking up counter space. I just make myself one large cup of coffee every day, so I now just use a Melita cone and just boil water to run through it. I grind fresh beans.

Morning routine: Dog starts staring at me. I say "Okay, is it time?" She happily jumps around. I start the water boiling and feed the dog, etc. Then grind beans and pour water through the cone after the tea kettle starts whistling.

I used to use a reusable mesh filter, but I didn't like having to clean it either, so I admit I buy paper filters now.

https://www.google.com/search?q=meli...EPAqQQ_AUIBygC

I've been using the same one for about 10 years. Still going strong. I just rinse it out. It's also easy to travel with if I'm going to visit someone who doesn't drink coffee.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:55 PM

196 posts, read 175,491 times
Red Kitchenaid 14 cup with extra buttons I don't use.

I prefer a french press but the coffee maker is for mass consumption mornings and social coffee drinking.

I had two Keurigs before I realized they were crap and a waste of money. French press is the way to go.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:00 PM

I'm reading the reviews on this new coffee maker I bought and ALL are negative~! I hope I don't have those issues in the morning as people are talking about~!

Old 12-13-2015, 11:22 PM

1,846 posts, read 3,942,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I hate cleaning coffee makers and I don't like them taking up counter space. I just make myself one large cup of coffee every day, so I now just use a Melita cone and just boil water to run through it.
You know, I like that idea. I haven't used one in decades, but I like the simplicity and easy care and I don't drink much coffee, either. I am going to seriously think about switching to a Melita cone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House