Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2022, 08:58 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyk72 View Post
$65 sounds super cheap. I just paid $175 for an Overhead door company to fix a broken cable for the spring. $150 was for the service call and $25 for a new cable. It's the only thing that needed repair after 10 yrs of usage tho.
He was only here for about a half hour. Just minor adjustment and 2 pieces of hardware. Maybe your broken cable was a more complicated repair than I had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2022, 03:31 AM

2,310 posts, read 6,828,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
He was only here for about a half hour. Just minor adjustment and 2 pieces of hardware. Maybe your broken cable was a more complicated repair than I had.
Nope...the cable replacement took maybe 6 minutes. He then lubed the wheels and also reconnected the wiring for the door sensors since they were loose. Total time 35 minutes tops.

Old 05-21-2022, 07:31 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,425,852 times
Well I actually took action. I ordered this fm radio alarm clock WITH 2 USB ports.
I got it about a week ago and I really like it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LPD7TXD...t_details&th=1

Old 05-27-2022, 08:29 PM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
https://zevoinsect.com/flying-insect...r-kit-model-3/

We bought this a few weeks ago. It’s a combination nightlight and sticky flying bug trap. We placed it in the laundry room which has the doors most often used to enter or exit the house. First night it caught at least five flying bugs. The light is an intense blue. Not for a room you frequently enter after dark. It’s just way too bright for a bedroom or bathroom. Best for the area where you most frequently enter and exit the home. If you have an electrical outlet higher up on the wall it’ll work better. One downside, besides brightness, is the cost of replacement sticky pads. A 2 pack is roughly $7. Good thing is if you don’t have a large flying insect problem then the sticky trap can last for months and not be needed in the winter months.

Old 06-03-2022, 08:42 AM

SnapPower, makers of LED night light outlet and light switch covers, has motion sensor night light outlet/switch covers. They also have them in dual switch/outlet covers. Just ordered one for our hallway outlet. We tried going without a nightlight but wife wants one. We found a plug in motion sensor night light but it’s very intense. We tried the regular LED nightlight outlet cover but it was too bright for continuous light. Having it with a motion sensor would be better.

Old 06-09-2022, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
SnapPower, makers of LED night light outlet and light switch covers, has motion sensor night light outlet/switch covers. They also have them in dual switch/outlet covers. Just ordered one for our hallway outlet. We tried going without a nightlight but wife wants one. We found a plug in motion sensor night light but it’s very intense. We tried the regular LED nightlight outlet cover but it was too bright for continuous light. Having it with a motion sensor would be better.
Seems their quality control is going down. Both products did not work. Even double checked contact points to ensure there was power and good contact and yet both night light covers did not work. Emailed them for return instructions.

Old 06-11-2022, 03:44 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,537,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Wet & Forget is a great product for removing mildew and moss from concrete or roofs.
It is non toxic to plants.
Just spray on a dry surface and the rain will wash away the stains. It is a process, but it works.
I just bought this last week and used it on my vinyl siding and back patio. Saw results the first day on my siding. This is important because the HOA likes to complain about the mold, mildew and algae that collects every year. I don't have the money to hire someone to pressure wash my house every year. This stuff is great! I'm going to buy another jug soon and treat the driveway and walk in front.

Old 06-12-2022, 05:44 AM

417 posts, read 455,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I just bought this last week and used it on my vinyl siding and back patio. Saw results the first day on my siding. This is important because the HOA likes to complain about the mold, mildew and algae that collects every year. I don't have the money to hire someone to pressure wash my house every year. This stuff is great! I'm going to buy another jug soon and treat the driveway and walk in front.
well this looks like something worth checking out--- Wet and Forget Will have to look for it. thanks for this

Old 06-14-2022, 04:27 PM

Update. Few post back I reported the Snap Power light switch cover night light and electrical outlet cover night light with motion sensor did not work. I got the electrical outlet cover motion sensor night light to work. Contacted Snap Power about the light switch cover night light and they’ll send me another one. I have another light switch cover from them and tried the new one in the same place as the one we previously purchased to verify the problem is the cover and not the switch.

The electrical outlet cover night light has three time settings and two brightness settings. After it doesn’t sense motion it will turn off in 15 seconds, 1 minute, or 5 minutes. We have the brightness set for low power. The light switch we want to have a nightlight is in the laundry room near the door to the patio. The laundry room is L shaped and the ceiling light is directly over the washer/dryer in the center of the long part of the L leaving the short part of the L always in the dark.

Old 06-17-2022, 07:57 AM

Wife wanted new bedroom nightstands and dresser. Found nightstands with built in 2 electrical outlets and 2 USB ports. Heavy duty power cord comes out bottom of nightstand to plug into outlet. The plugs on the nightstand are on the backside of the top and angled towards the back wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House