Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 10:40 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,324,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookerEast View Post
Good review from a short visit. You have to be from a third world country, running away from someone, lived on offshore oilrigs or on medication to see Houston as 'moving up'.

Don't get me started on the cheap building materials on 'upscale' neighborhoods around here
You haven't been to Hermann Park have you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 11:04 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,068 times
Quote:
you should GTFO and see other places
Much like the average Northeasterner, you have probably never traveled down here, but rather rely on some lame on a reality tv show to form your opinions.

Suggestion..... please travel a little and see places. You are probably the OP using another account to make it seem like there are many who share your opinion.... all of us are not buying it

Old 01-16-2012, 11:07 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,501,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
You are probably the OP using another account to make it seem like there are many who share your opinion.... all of us are not buying it
Nah, Wysiwyg/TimBomb/Steve isn't the OP, but he's certainly on another account.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:08 AM

988 posts, read 1,203,896 times
Quote:
you should GTFO and see other places
I get out plenty. I've been to Dallas, Austin, College Station, The Woodlands, Channelview, Galveston, San Antonio, Midland, Fayetteville, and Tyler. All over this great nation of ours, see?

What do you want to be my travel agent?

Old 01-16-2012, 11:12 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,224,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
You pretty much hit the nail on the head.....I like Houston, but it's not as nice as most folks on this forum make it out to be.
No one does that. We always point out the flaws and negative yet people come here and basically complain about what has already been said. No one on here claims Houston is this amazing flawless place filled with life and wonder. It's good for us; why must we feel bad about being here just because others do???

Old 01-16-2012, 11:14 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,224,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer12 View Post
Read my threads, at no point did I expect it to be anything like New England, as a matter of fact I knew it would not be.

I thought it would be like the suburbs of Charlotte and Atlanta, it was not.

You have more flat undeveloped land than I have ever seen and still the builders insist on postage stamp lots, I can not for the life of me understand that.
Than you didn't research enough. Houston is not like Charlotte and Atlanta; its been said many times that Houston is flat. Trust that the SE has more undeveloped land than us; however, considering our land is flat and in the southern parts of the metro area; we lack trees. It's more visible.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:24 AM

208 posts, read 270,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
You haven't been to Hermann Park have you?
OMG

Old 01-16-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Much like the average Northeasterner, you have probably never traveled down here, but rather rely on some lame on a reality tv show to form your opinions.

Suggestion..... please travel a little and see places. You are probably the OP using another account to make it seem like there are many who share your opinion.... all of us are not buying it
I've been living in Houston for 5 years. I saw what I saw when I was making the decision to move here. If not for family already based here then there will be very little benefit for moving down here.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
I get out plenty. I've been to Dallas, Austin, College Station, The Woodlands, Channelview, Galveston, San Antonio, Midland, Fayetteville, and Tyler. All over this great nation of ours, see?

What do you want to be my travel agent?
Wow. You know Texas is not a country anymore. GTFO. really.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:32 AM

988 posts, read 1,203,896 times
Quote:
Wow. You know Texas is not a country anymore. GTFO. really.
Way to take the bait. You sir have been trolled.

And you know that we don't take kindly to people badmouthing our city around these here parts don'cha? GTFO. really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston