Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 11:47 PM

6,236 posts, read 3,619,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Why didn't you mention such thriving cities like LA, Atlanta, Chicago and Baltimore?
You know chop shops seem to be very profitable, should we legalize selling stolen car parts because it's profitable? Hey not every car jacker harms the victim, maybe we should let that slide as well.
Exactly. Because big cities are business centers, they've always had their share of extremely wealthy people. And the illegals follow them there because the typical middle class American does not need and cannot afford a cadre of nannies, maids, landscapers, and construction crews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 07:24 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,458,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
This reminds me of the AZ1070 Bill and passed. The Bill actually enhanced the law on the immigration status and enforcement. Holder however that it was a bridge too far in enforcing the Federal Standard.

By the same standard the Sanctury cites can not take or modify Federal Law. So Obama's AG set the standard and these cities will have to enforce laws are have the States come and do it for them.
Quite the opposite situation then. I remember when Arizona was getting a lot of crap for trying to actually enforce immigration laws.
Obama wasn't happy with Arizona. Groups pulled out, games got canceled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JdyhbVlErQ

I wonder how it will go for Trump. Kobach helped draft Arizona's SB-1070, and now he's on Trumps team. Who'd a thought the tables would turn like this.

Old 12-28-2016, 01:47 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,020,981 times
The fact these politicians can brazenly break the law and people have no problem with it says that America is going down hill.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:12 PM

22,501 posts, read 12,045,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I read through the article and got to Somerville, MA. I lived there for a few years in the 90s. The term "sanctuary city" means nothing, nothing. Just read an article from Brietbart claiming Somerville a "wealthy liberal enclave" next to Boston...OMG, LOL! I think most from the Boston area will join me in finding that hysterically funny. Adored my time in Somerville, loved it, but it is not one of Boston's wealthy suburbs. It's mostly a working class neighborhood. Nothing wrong with that at all, but to pretend that it's something like Brookline is ridiculous.
Nowadays, there is some gentrification going on in Somerville. For example, in areas near the T stations.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:40 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,895,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Quite the opposite situation then. I remember when Arizona was getting a lot of crap for trying to actually enforce immigration laws.
Obama wasn't happy with Arizona. Groups pulled out, games got canceled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JdyhbVlErQ

I wonder how it will go for Trump. Kobach helped draft Arizona's SB-1070, and now he's on Trumps team. Who'd a thought the tables would turn like this.
If those Sanctuary Cities do not follow the Federal Standard they are in violation of the law. AZ1070was a good law that all parts of the Law enforcement worked together. Yes Obama put his attack dog Holder and Groups were horrified we actually wanted to enforce the law.

There s something wrong wit that whole situation. By no means this racist. We grow tired of Illegals trying to modify US Immigration Law.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:27 PM

32,131 posts, read 15,120,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not really. All they have to do is prosecute the elected officials who authorize the "sanctuary" in direct violation of federal law, and add corruption and racketeering charges if they use taxpayer money to fund the illegal activity.

Sanctuary cities will all fold when their elected officials start going to prison.
Oh no, they won't fold and you better hope that elected officials don't go to prison because Trump will have started another civil war. Our country will be destroyed if this were to happen. I have never seen such a divided country as we have now. We need to heal not destroy.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:14 PM

89,194 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh no, they won't fold and you better hope that elected officials don't go to prison because Trump will have started another civil war. Our country will be destroyed if this were to happen. I have never seen such a divided country as we have now. We need to heal not destroy.
Simple: Don't want to go to prison? Don't violate federal law.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:31 PM

32,131 posts, read 15,120,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Simple: Don't want to go to prison? Don't violate federal law.
Not going to happen because you will see a revolt if it does. Do we really want our country in this turmoil.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:18 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,926,204 times
Quote:
Who's gonna revolt? I'm serious here. IF some fools TRY to push it; it won't end well those illegal aliens and their fans cause the National Guard WILL start taking care of business.

Too: MOST illegals WILL cut and run cause under Trump they'd probably be looking at prison time for rioting, THEN being deported with a ban on ever coming back to the US.

Old 12-29-2016, 04:42 AM

89,194 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Not going to happen because you will see a revolt if it does.
By whom? Even more people who want to go to prison for violating federal law? Fine by me.
Quote:
Do we really want our country in this turmoil.
It's already in turmoil BECAUSE federal laws are being violated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration