Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 05:36 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,865,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soular View Post
When did the Jews of the State of Israel go through Deuteronomy Chapter 28:1-68?
Deuteronomy 28 is a list of blessings and curses. Some have occurred, some are occurring, and some are still to occur. The "Jews of the State of Israel" are still part of the Jewish people, and we experience these things as a whole people.
Quote:
So Ashkenaz comes from Gomer and in turn Japheth, that's not the line of Shem.

Also another scripture from the Torah: Genesis 13:14-15

When did the Ashkenazi Jews go through such? If it was the Germans when was their judgement?

Once again I am looking for the truth in this world that is filled with so many lies.
"Ashkenazi" refers to Germany, not the Jewish people living in Israel. "Ashkenazi Jews" literally means the Jews of Germany.

Quote:
What are you talking about? You're sidestepping my question now. Of course anyone can follow The Most High and have favor in his eyes but that's not what I need to know because I already knew that. This is the "Ask a Jew" thread and none of my questions that I've asked have been answered.

I'm just waiting...
Those are the only questions I saw in your posts. Citing a bunch of disjointed Bible passages and asking us to "help you to understand" isn't going to result in anything productive.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:42 AM

540 posts, read 1,910,746 times
What is the Jewish version of the story of Adam and Eve, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 10-07-2015, 09:20 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,265,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
What is the Jewish version of the story of Adam and Eve, if you don't mind me asking?
God made Adam, then created Eve. They were told not to eat the fruit. The snake (possibly an embodiment of the evil inclination) approaches Eve and says "what's up -- want some fruit?" She says "God says not to touch" (which God hadn't; he said don;t eat). Snake pushes her into it and says "you touched it and aren't dead! Maybe he is all lying and what not." She says "oh, I never thought about it that way. Bring it on."

She eats and gets Adam to eat. They realize that they are wearing naught but their birthday suits. God then says "Hey...what did I say? WHAT DID I SAY?" And he whacks them on the nose with a rolled up newspaper and kicks them out of the nice house and into the yard.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Much of it is the same as the Christian and Muslim versions, at least in a textual context. God creates, man gains knowledge, man leaves Eden and we make our way in the world. There is no devil, no original sin, no need to be "saved".

It's an enormous subject, and many volumes of commentaries have been written on it alone. Is there anything specific you had in mind?

Old 10-07-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
God made Adam, then created Eve. They were told not to eat the fruit. The snake (possibly an embodiment of the evil inclination) approaches Eve and says "what's up -- want some fruit?" She says "God says not to touch" (which God hadn't; he said don;t eat). Snake pushes her into it and says "you touched it and aren't dead! Maybe he is all lying and what not." She says "oh, I never thought about it that way. Bring it on."

She eats and gets Adam to eat. They realize that they are wearing naught but their birthday suits. God then says "Hey...what did I say? WHAT DID I SAY?" And he whacks them on the nose with a rolled up newspaper and kicks them out of the nice house and into the yard.
I think that's my favorite synopsis yet.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:10 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
Much of it is the same as the Christian and Muslim versions, at least in a textual context. God creates, man gains knowledge, man leaves Eden and we make our way in the world. There is no devil, no original sin, no need to be "saved".

It's an enormous subject, and many volumes of commentaries have been written on it alone. Is there anything specific you had in mind?
According to Genesis 1 and 2...They were created in Eden, put into the Garden to tend and guard it and then were kicked out of the Garden back into Eden...

According Rashi, Adam and Eve were knowing each other in the Garden....

Old 10-08-2015, 05:36 AM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:

When did the Ashkenazi Jews go through such? If it was the Germans when was their judgement?

Once again I am looking for the truth in this world that is filled with so many lies.
You listed a scripture about Israel in Egypt, and the punishment of Egypt and tried to connect it with Germany?

I don't get it.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:24 AM

540 posts, read 1,910,746 times
Thank you all for the replies. There was nothing specific I was searching for. I just didn't know if it was a totally different story from the Christian version I was forced to learn from.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:39 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:

You look to have an agenda, and not a very good one. Why don't you just come out and say what you are trying to lead up to.

I had to look up this Ashkenaz and I came across a lot of ideas about how the Jews today are not the Jews of the bible, but what is the point of all this Soular?

You take those Jews in Germany and Europe who were sent to concentration camps and persecuted by the world just because they were Jews.

Do you think some of those Jews were not Jews of the bible, or who did not pertain to the promises of the nation of Israel?

Maybe I am wrong, but I would swear you were trolling, please correct me.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:39 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,477,486 times
Quote:
Like most things, the story is similar to other religions, but the takeaway is very different. Rabbi Sacks has a great commentary on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism