Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2019, 06:14 AM

2 posts, read 2,977 times

Advertisements

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansasci...ion-plans.html
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 09:23 AM

709 posts, read 1,492,416 times
Posting the full text of a paywall article like that wouldn't be allowed, but here are the key points:

Quote:
Two Light, the luxury apartment complex developed by The Cordish Cos. in downtown Kansas City, has reached 96 percent occupancy just ahead of hitting its one-year mark.

Soon, attention will turn to the developer's next project, Three Light, which would be the third of four high-rise apartment towers Cordish plans to develop within the Power & Light District.

Benjamin said the company is full steam ahead on the construction drawings for the project, located at a site along Truman Road between Walnut and Main streets, and anticipates starting construction in the fourth quarter.

He said they haven't finalized all of the details for the $130 million, 300-unit building, but the mix of one- and two-bedroom apartments will be similar to One Light and Two Light.

Old 05-22-2019, 08:21 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,880,874 times
I have to admit, this "city center" development in Lenexa is turning out pretty nice. I always wondered if they could pull it off, but it looks like they are doing it. It's a very large scale development with a lot of different types of uses. There is even a transit bus in this video. This area is served by buses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfJww_lJZdI

Old 05-23-2019, 11:45 AM

495 posts, read 778,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I have to admit, this "city center" development in Lenexa is turning out pretty nice. I always wondered if they could pull it off, but it looks like they are doing it. It's a very large scale development with a lot of different types of uses. There is even a transit bus in this video. This area is served by buses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfJww_lJZdI

My younger brother lives west of there past SMP and it's quite impressive. It's like a brand new town being built, with residential, commercial and retail in a pretty compact area with larger commercial surrounding. I wouldn't want to live there, but if I worked out there, it would be nice I guess. From what I noticed, there were quite of few more plots of land being cleared for more development.

Old 05-29-2019, 09:54 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,383,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I have to admit, this "city center" development in Lenexa is turning out pretty nice. I always wondered if they could pull it off, but it looks like they are doing it. It's a very large scale development with a lot of different types of uses.
I think having 87th going right through it is going to be the key. That and focusing on uses more than just mall stores. Library, rec center, etc.

Wondering if the side streets will connect directly to neighborhoods around it instead of some 10 ft barrier wall or privacy fence.

Way better compared to Zona Rosa. It already looks like it's seen better days...

Old 06-03-2019, 05:32 PM

From kcrag.

New rendering of Three Light. Appears to be about 32 stories from the ground to the top of the roof. They have done quite a bit to make the building interesting and differentiate it from Two Light. I also like how they are just using "3" rather than putting big "THREE LIGHT" into the skyline. I think it looks great

Oh and the tower crane is up for the Reverb apartment tower

And Lowes hotel is topped out

Old 06-26-2019, 10:06 PM

A few new projects that I don't think have been mentioned yet and a couple of updates:

Office building in the River Market:

Office buildings in the Crossroads:

Residential building in the Crossroads:

Residential at Linwood and Troost:

Residential at 25th and Troost:

Hotel at 24th and Troost:

Hotel and Residential at Valentine and Broadway

Hotel at 46th and Broadway:

Keystone Innovation District 18th and Vine

Residential at 19th and Oak

Hotel 45th and Madison

Construction progress on 46 Penn Centre

Construction progress on Reverb

Last edited by kcmo; 06-26-2019 at 10:24 PM..

Old 06-26-2019, 10:22 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,559,149 times
The last one pictured is the site of my former apartment building.

Old 06-28-2019, 08:28 AM

new renderings for the Tracks 215 project in the Freighthouse District of the Crossroads, (aprox 15 story residential building)

Old 06-30-2019, 12:43 PM

2,410 posts, read 5,819,244 times
Just ran into this thread. Amazing! The sheer volume of new apartments and offices is stunning. Is KCMO attracting enough new residents (young professionals, for examples) to fill all these places, or are people ditching the burbs and moving into the city? Just asking, since it seems like literally hundreds/thousands of new apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City