Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 08:31 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,555,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Private establishments can still have a mandatory mask rule regardless of government mandates. Its their policy. You don't have to like it but you need to comply or else you won't be allowed entrance.
And I still agree.

My point is that the OP asked about the mask _mandate_ from Albany. Under that mandate, you cannot choose to go to a different gym or restaurant (as you suggested) unless you travel to a free state.

At this rate, I'll be long gone by the time Cuomo bequeaths his throne and lifts the mask mandate. By the time businesses have any say in the matter, it will be an issue for my grandchildren to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2021, 08:33 AM

268 posts, read 178,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Private establishments can still have a mandatory mask rule regardless of government mandates. Its their policy. You don't have to like it but you need to comply or else you won't be allowed entrance.
Thank you Holier than Thou Lord Deeken.

Old 05-11-2021, 08:41 AM

46 posts, read 41,027 times
I will wear a mask at indoor businesses until the local/LI vax rate is 75%+ and there's data on no/less/low transmissibility of vax'd folks who have been exposed or test positive

There's no way of knowing who is standing next to you that hasn't been vaccinated, or who they've been close to unvaxxed.

It's kind of like sleeping with someone who doesn't wear a condom: you don't know who they've been with and what they might have been exposed to

I view wearing a mask as part of taking care of myself. Sure, I'd rather not have to wear one, but I don't know who's breathing on me in the supermarket checkout line

Old 05-11-2021, 08:58 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,453,878 times
I read something yesterday that Fauci is leaning toward masks not being needed indoors anymore. I think it'll happen sooner than later.

For the record I don't really mind the masks. It's kinda cool ppl not knowing who I am so I'm not like obligated to make small talk with people I know @ the grocery store lol

But the one thing I wish Biden would lift is the whole needing a covid test to come back to the US thing. I'm vaccinated ... why should I need a test to come home to my own country where almost 60% of the population is vaccinated? Makes no sense

Old 05-11-2021, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienCheese View Post

There's no way of knowing who is standing next to you that hasn't been vaccinated, or who they've been close to unvaxxed.

But considering every adult has now had the chance to be vaccinated, what in the world would this matter is my point. Are we really at a point now where we are just wearing masks to protect the anti-vaxxer / right winger who thinks vaccines are a hoax people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post

But the one thing I wish Biden would lift is the whole needing a covid test to come back to the US thing. I'm vaccinated ... why should I need a test to come home to my own country where almost 60% of the population is vaccinated? Makes no sense
Are you sure this is still a thing? So if I went to Europe for 4 days and came back with my fully vaxxed vaccination card they wouldn't let me in?

Old 05-11-2021, 09:14 AM

5,114 posts, read 4,002,374 times
Gotta laugh as the NYT just (this morning) proved that outdoor masking is essentially nonsense and outdoor masking by the fully vaccinated is only for the truly senile:

https://messaging-custom-newsletters...08c3122f8093b6

Old 05-11-2021, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Gotta laugh as the NYT just (this morning) proved that outdoor masking is essentially nonsense and outdoor masking by the fully vaccinated is only for the truly senile:

I understand the media and the reality of what covid was has scared people into oblivion, but I can't help but cringe when I still see people walking on a quiet sidewalk or here on Merrick road, by themselves, with a mask on. Will be quite some time before this is all phased out.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:21 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,839,282 times
I can't believe what whiny babies some people are about not being able to work out at a gym, one of the most disgusting places on earth and an event easily replicated anywhere from a park to a prison cell. Ask a toddler, they'll help you. They can probably help you with your mask, too.

Lost sale? Don't let the door bruise your azz on the way out, snowflake. Vote with your wallet, please! Much better than voting with your defective and impressionable brains.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:26 AM

5,114 posts, read 4,002,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI7788 View Post
I understand the media and the reality of what covid was has scared people into oblivion, but I can't help but cringe when I still see people walking on a quiet sidewalk or here on Merrick road, by themselves, with a mask on. Will be quite some time before this is all phased out.
From today’s NYT article: There is not a single documented Covid infection anywhere in the world from casual outdoor interactions, such as walking past someone on a street or eating at a nearby table.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:43 AM

46 posts, read 41,027 times
<<every adult has now had the chance to be vaccinated>>

Key word: chance

LIers fully vaccinated: 40%
LIers with one dose: 52%

Not high enough
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island