Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2021, 07:01 AM

107,032 posts, read 109,346,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scampy25 View Post
Sorry twing, but that's completely and utterly false. If you contracted Covid, you have a natural immunity to it. As of now, it's known to be about 8 months, give or take depending on how bad you were. There are studies going on now, that suspect it may be much longer, possibly lifetime, they just don't know. Just as they don't know how long the immunity from the vaccine is. I never claimed that you could have immunity without contracting it or being vaccinated. That's insane.

As for chicken pox, I've never heard of natural immunity being passed down genetically. They have a vaccine for that that you get as a child (after a certain age). For example, I was not vaccinated for it, as it came out right around the end of my adolescence. I also have natural immunity from having a mild case of it at 10.
no one knows how long natural immunity if any lasts for covid .. a friend of mine got covid in march 2020 and again in december .

the anti body tests done are only to detect contact with the virus protein .

it says nothing about t-cell , b-cell and memory cell immunity .

a test for actual immunity is very different , expensive to do and not able to be done by most labs . it is called a binding antibody test
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 07:08 AM

690 posts, read 588,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
no one knows how long natural immunity if any lasts for covid .. a friend of mine got covid in march 2020 and again in december .

the anti body tests done are only to detect contact with the virus protein .

it says nothing about t-cell , b-cell and memory cell immunity .

a test for actual immunity is very different , expensive to do and not able to be done by most labs . it is called a binding antibody test
Correct. Just like they don't know how long the immunity is from the vaccination.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:35 AM

46 posts, read 40,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Cuomo is very very concerned about protecting the elderly here in New York State. So he might move slow on this.

Oh yeah, so "concerned" that he had the DOH issue a directive on 3/25/2020 that required NHs to accept Covid-positive patients, despite the overflow beds at Javits, Stony Brook and Old Westbury having little or no patients.

That turned out really well... /s

Old 05-14-2021, 08:58 AM

5,080 posts, read 3,982,148 times
Quote:
Cuomo is very very concerned about protecting the elderly here in New York State. So he might move slow on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienCheese View Post
Oh yeah, so "concerned" that he had the DOH issue a directive on 3/25/2020 that required NHs to accept Covid-positive patients, despite the overflow beds at Javits, Stony Brook and Old Westbury having little or no patients.

That turned out really well... /s
I was being sarcastic. His incredible incompetence is only exceeded by his enormous ego.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:40 AM

855 posts, read 455,438 times
Nobody in my office wears a mask. Very few I do business with wear a mask. None of our clients wear a mask.

The crap people say online is different than reality in every day life. Most wouldn't wear a mask in a retail store or supermarket if the communists running this state dropped the mask mandate tomorrow.

Unless you've been holed up in your house for the last 15 months you have been subjected to COVID many times over. Most have moved on.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:14 AM

Nassau is ready to follow the science (apparently the brain trust at CDC has belatedly realized fully vaccinated folks actually are, you know, fully vaccinated):

Nassau County Executive Laura Curran on Friday called on New York State to adopt the latest CDC's guidelines that vaccinated residents can generally stop using masks.

"New York State should immediately adopt the CDC guidance that those who are fully vaccinated against COVID no longer need to wear masks or physically distance, indoors or outdoors in almost all circumstances," Curran said in a statement. "The vaccine works and our residents need to return to normal life."

Curran's comments were something of a challenge to Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, who did not immediately say the state is adopting the guidelines, which were announced Thursday.

https://www.newsday.com/news/health/...ran-1.50246717

Old 05-14-2021, 10:18 AM

874 posts, read 731,021 times
Quote:
Nassau is ready to follow the science (apparently the brain trust at CDC has belatedly realized fully vaccinated folks actually are, you know, fully vaccinated):

Nassau County Executive Laura Curran on Friday called on New York State to adopt the latest CDC's guidelines that vaccinated residents can generally stop using masks.

"New York State should immediately adopt the CDC guidance that those who are fully vaccinated against COVID no longer need to wear masks or physically distance, indoors or outdoors in almost all circumstances," Curran said in a statement. "The vaccine works and our residents need to return to normal life."

Curran's comments were something of a challenge to Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, who did not immediately say the state is adopting the guidelines, which were announced Thursday.

https://www.newsday.com/news/health/...ran-1.50246717
So how do you prove your vaccinated?

Your papers please!

Your papers please!

Your papers please!

Old 05-14-2021, 01:57 PM

20,989 posts, read 28,529,267 times
I think masks should be optional at this point. JMO. If you want to wear it fine. Show proof you are vaccinated and should be allowed in the store without a mask. I saw someone in Shop rite the other day without one. Not one employee said anything.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:42 PM

855 posts, read 455,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I think masks should be optional at this point. JMO. If you want to wear it fine. Show proof you are vaccinated and should be allowed in the store without a mask. I saw someone in Shop rite the other day without one. Not one employee said anything.
Who the hell would give some $15/hr schmuuuuck at Stop Rite the right to know and question anyones medical history?

Old 05-15-2021, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
In this country? Nope. Not happening.

You are certainly free to get fully vaccinated and double N95 it to your heart’s content (that is your right) if that makes you feel better. You can even glove and face shield #forever.

(Walmart, following the science, says unmasked vaccinated folks are welcome...unmasked vaccinated workers will begin next week.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island