Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2021, 06:14 PM

5,057 posts, read 3,959,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
The rope is getting tighter and tighter on China! Records show 3 Wuhan lab workers hospitalized back in November of 2019 of Corona like symptoms. Cant wait to see how this plays out!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...in-11621796228
At some point in time one would assume our crackerjack ‘experts’ might start thinking that the reason why China is acting like they have something horrible to hide is because China has something horrible to hide.
(If you consider a virus from China that kills 3.5 million ‘horrible’.... keeping in mind that the Soviet Union’s Chernobyl explosion killed 50 folks.)

It did seem Fauci got oddly and wildly irate under questioning (by Senator Paul) if we give financial support to the Wuhan Lab...almost as if he suspects something horrible happened at that lab. Hmmmm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2021, 07:27 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,438,415 times
I wouldn't doubt that this virus escaped the lab in Wuhan. I feel it was done on purpose but that's MHO.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:35 AM

193 posts, read 271,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
But time to time we come across people who have been holed up in their house for 15 months. Living in fear. Brainwashed by the MSM. These types wear a mask while driving in their car alone. Wear a mask while walking their dog. What a pitiful existence to live.
Just had to throw in the MSM so we all know where you stand, right?

Besides all that, why do you care when and where other people wear a mask? What difference does it make to you if it makes them feel safe? Does it make you feel superior in some way? Do you think they need you advocating for them? What do you care if their existence is "pitiful"? I honestly have a lot of questions about why people spend so much time worrying about what other people are doing, when it has no effect on their lives. That to me sounds pitiful.

Last edited by KFC.ONE; 05-24-2021 at 09:33 AM..

Old 05-24-2021, 09:17 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,826,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC.ONE View Post

Besides all that, why do you care when and where other people wear a mask? What difference does it make to you if it makes them feel safe? Does it make you feel superior in some way? Do you think they need you advocating for them? What do you care if their existence is "pitiful"? I honestly have a lot of questions about why people spend so much time worrying about what other people are doing, when it has not effect on their lives. That to me sounds pitiful.
18 pages of the same 5 cranks cutting and pasting hourly in real time for over a year. It's exhausting. Most stopped caring or replying long ago or there'd be 90 pages of self-serving dreck by now.

Basically, vaxxing is an honor system. I've seen this past year how honorable my fellows can be. Am I to trust Qanon'ers and the flotilla brigade shmucks from Massapequa to Patchogue to get vaxxed and/or ever do the right thing for their community? Hellz no. Thus, I'll keep masking. My anti-vax/anti-mask pals who spouted off on FB for months are the poster children for stupid. The 8th grader brought it home last week. They are now all on quarantine, 2 of the 4 (one kid, one adult) are sick w/ symptoms, the other 2 not so far. Nice life. Whatever principle they were clinging to, well played. Ignorance ain't bliss and thx for screwing over all the kid's friends and families who now have to quarantine, as well as for spreading it to more unvaccinated 'patriots'.

Old 05-24-2021, 10:31 AM

855 posts, read 451,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scampy25 View Post
VERY well said. I also think it's the irrational liberal mentality (shamelessly stolen from Dumbo85). In southern NJ this week, very different mentality down here.
It's different in much of the country. A few online are still hysterical about COVID but it doesn't align with what's going on outdoors in every day life.

I go out every day and meet with associates and clients and no one even talks about COVID anymore. There's just a segment of the population which have been working from home, rarely leaving their home and secluding themselves from others for months on end. They don't realize for most it's back to normal aside from the stupid mask mandates when entering a place like a supermarket. Online forums aren't real life.

My brother's neighbor bleaches her walkway every day after the mailman comes by. They don't leave the house at all. Parents or kids.

Old 05-24-2021, 01:06 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,162,875 times
^ I want to lol. But I’m hoping you’re not serious with that. That’s borderline child abuse!

Old 05-24-2021, 01:30 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,521,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
It's different in much of the country. A few online are still hysterical about COVID but it doesn't align with what's going on outdoors in every day life.

I go out every day and meet with associates and clients and no one even talks about COVID anymore. There's just a segment of the population which have been working from home, rarely leaving their home and secluding themselves from others for months on end. They don't realize for most it's back to normal aside from the stupid mask mandates when entering a place like a supermarket. Online forums aren't real life.

My brother's neighbor bleaches her walkway every day after the mailman comes by. They don't leave the house at all. Parents or kids.
There's a certain segment of the population that wasn't mentally well before this whole thing, and they've latched onto it as a kind of therapy. Finally they get to be the "good guys" doing the "right thing" instead of the miserable people they were before the pandemic.

Old 05-24-2021, 01:59 PM

193 posts, read 271,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
18 pages of the same 5 cranks cutting and pasting hourly in real time for over a year. It's exhausting. Most stopped caring or replying long ago or there'd be 90 pages of self-serving dreck by now.
I see it now. Just a bunch of stroking each other going on.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:03 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,773,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC.ONE View Post

Besides all that, why do you care when and where other people wear a mask? What difference does it make to you if it makes them feel safe? Does it make you feel superior in some way? Do you think they need you advocating for them? What do you care if their existence is "pitiful"? I honestly have a lot of questions about why people spend so much time worrying about what other people are doing, when it has no effect on their lives. That to me sounds pitiful.
Agreed 100% people shouldn't worry about what others are doing. If people want to wear a mask, fine, have at it. If people don't, now that the CDC and even Biden says you don't need to in many situations they shouldn't be judged either. As for me i'm done. Any place i don't have to mask its coming off. As more masks come off more will follow. By the end of the summer i'd venture most will be maskless. In states like Texas and Florida i'm told the large majority are not wearing anymore already.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:15 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,031,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Agreed 100% people shouldn't worry about what others are doing. ...
Really now... I find this statement funny, especially in this forum. It's entirely filled day after day with people worrying about what others are doing. The average American, especially LIers, are constantly worried about what others are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island