Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2021, 10:04 AM

34,197 posts, read 47,513,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
With this new CDC no mask guidelines does that mean I can walk into a grocery store without one even though the sign clearly states you must wear a mask to enter this store? There is going to be a lot of arguing over this. You walk in with no mask the store manager says put one on, you say I am fully vaccinated and I don't need to wear one. then you show your vaccine card and they still want you to put on a mask. I am just wondering how this will be handled starting tomorrow.
If a business wants to still enforce the mask rule, that's literally their business

Just go buy it somewhere else that does not require masks for entry, or buy online if you don't want to wear a mask, its wasted energy to complain

I believe municipal buildings you still need to comply with mask rules, let's see if anybody makes a fuss when they enter a municipal building.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2021, 10:14 AM

5,094 posts, read 3,988,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
This entire time while people have been wearing masks outdoors, they've taken them off when eating inside airplanes, shoulder to shoulder next to strangers inside a metal tube.

And the dumbest thing I keep hearing is the concern from people who got the vax about others not wearing masks. If you got the vax and you trust it, then you would be protected from people who are maskless.

But most people I know do not care about COVID anymore. They understand most of this is about communist control of our lives.
Well, the fully vaccinated current prez was setting the oddball tone with his mask theatre performances (stumbling and fumbling about outside with a double mask). It was simply too embarrassing so the CDC had to explicitly state that fully vaccinated folks don't need to mask up outside. Turns out vaccinated folks are, you know, vaccinated. That is what it took to stop the masked theatrical (not science-based) performances.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:07 PM

384 posts, read 667,744 times
Went shopping today at 2 stores. Both now have signs stating that the fully vaccinated do not need to wear masks. However, no one is checking or asking if you are vaccinated. I did not wear a mask. Most people in the store had masks on. Employees mostly had masks on.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:57 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,433,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
With this new CDC no mask guidelines does that mean I can walk into a grocery store without one even though the sign clearly states you must wear a mask to enter this store? There is going to be a lot of arguing over this. You walk in with no mask the store manager says put one on, you say I am fully vaccinated and I don't need to wear one. then you show your vaccine card and they still want you to put on a mask. I am just wondering how this will be handled starting tomorrow.
At that point I would just leave & find another store that will let me in.

Apparently stores can handle it how they want and don't have to bend to the no-mask mandate. They should also expect to lose business if they don't go with the mandate so it's in their best interest not to require it.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:58 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,433,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsstats View Post
Went shopping today at 2 stores. Both now have signs stating that the fully vaccinated do not need to wear masks. However, no one is checking or asking if you are vaccinated. I did not wear a mask. Most people in the store had masks on. Employees mostly had masks on.
Isn't it a HIPAA violation for them to check though?

Are we just supposed to be on the honor system here?

Old 05-19-2021, 02:17 PM

I know we slammed the woke-panic button pretty hard (if you consider the gloved shopping, toilet paper hoarding, package scrubbing and school closings to be evidence of woke-panic), but why on earth would stores suddenly get it the business of checking vaccine status? For this virus and otherwise.

Old 05-19-2021, 02:19 PM

6,387 posts, read 13,192,940 times
Exactly the way I knew it was going to play out. Give it a month and there won’t be any masks anywhere. Well besides the double maskers or the solo driver maskers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsstats View Post

Old 05-19-2021, 02:23 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,167,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Isn't it a HIPAA violation for them to check though?

Are we just supposed to be on the honor system here?
Yup, and yup.

Old 05-19-2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Exactly the way I knew it was going to play out. Give it a month and there won’t be any masks anywhere. Well besides the double maskers or the solo driver maskers.
Agreed. They’ll be a handful of glovers and maskers for a bit. Hard to give it up.

Old 05-19-2021, 02:29 PM

4,537 posts, read 8,360,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Yup, and yup.

Long Island and the honor system. Yeah those two always work well together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island