Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2021, 03:46 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,437,251 times

Advertisements

Went all over town today. No store kicked me out or said anything. Most ppl had masks on.

I'm goimg to the gym later. Curious to see how that goes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2021, 06:23 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,422,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Went all over town today. No store kicked me out or said anything. Most ppl had masks on.

I'm goimg to the gym later. Curious to see how that goes
Yup, I've been in most stores. I'm the only one not wearing a mask. Wtf is wrong with people?

Old 05-20-2021, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Yup, I've been in most stores. I'm the only one not wearing a mask. Wtf is wrong with people?
I know. It was weird how many ppl had them on. I expected to see more maskless. I was one of the only ones.

I guess it’s like Linus & his blanket now. Ppl feel secure with it I guess

Old 05-20-2021, 06:52 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,931,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scampy25 View Post
In that case, you should probably just stay inside your home forever, with a mask. Best of luck.
No, I totally get the other side's argument. We are SO VERY CLOSE to an overwhelming majority of the population getting vaccinated. Why are they relaxing (removing) the rules when it was only 35% (now 50%)? They couldn't wait another few weeks or another month? It makes no sense. "My freedoms!" is all I see and it's illogical in this case.

But go you guys - you're the real heroes for bragging about your bravery on the internet.

Old 05-20-2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
No, I totally get the other side's argument. We are SO VERY CLOSE to an overwhelming majority of the population getting vaccinated. Why are they relaxing (removing) the rules when it was only 35% (now 50%)? They couldn't wait another few weeks or another month? It makes no sense. "My freedoms!" is all I see and it's illogical in this case.

But go you guys - you're the real heroes for bragging on the internet.
Because if NYS went against CDC guidelines a lot more ppl would be hating Cuomo. This is not about our health & all about Cuomo trying to win re-election

Old 05-20-2021, 08:15 PM

690 posts, read 589,190 times
Quote:

But go you guys - you're the real heroes for bragging about your bravery on the internet.
Who's bragging? Please show me where I have bragged? You want to wear it, go ahead. I'm happy it makes you feel safe. So bc YOU think another few weeks is appropriate, we should all follow? Oh ok.

Old 05-21-2021, 04:22 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,422,587 times
Quote:

Everyone who wanted to get vaccinated is at this point. They have a surplus of of it now. That's the reason the mask mandate was lifted. We have a nation of idiots refusing to get it. That is their choice, you cant force them. But don't penalize me for their dumbness. Time to get on with with life.

Old 05-21-2021, 05:44 AM

Quote:

No one is bragging. But we’re tired of being penalized bc of the ppl who refuse to get the vaccine. If ppl don’t want to get it, fine, but the ppl who did should be able to move on with their lives

Old 05-21-2021, 07:07 AM

4,537 posts, read 8,361,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
When I go food shopping tomorrow, I'm going to rock a mask! The mask stops human interaction. I might wear one
permanently in places don't wat to be!!! I would send the wife shopping but then the bill will be $100 higher and we will have no food.

I'm going to do this at work. Hopefully it will keep away the ones I want kept away from me. There are certain people I do not want to even talk to.

Old 05-21-2021, 07:27 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,836,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Everyone who wanted to get vaccinated is at this point. They have a surplus of of it now. That's the reason the mask mandate was lifted. We have a nation of idiots refusing to get it. That is their choice, you cant force them. But don't penalize me for their dumbness. Time to get on with with life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
No one is bragging. But we’re tired of being penalized bc of the ppl who refuse to get the vaccine. If ppl don’t want to get it, fine, but the ppl who did should be able to move on with their lives

You absolutely get penalized for their "dumbness" because that's how a civilized society works. Poverty? We all pay. Bad health care? We all pay. Dangerous arrogant stupidity? We all pay. Ignorant political choices? We all pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island