Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2021, 06:44 AM

22,678 posts, read 36,831,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
The maskers and scrubbers have, except for a few hypochondriacs and a motley crew of lefties, given it up. Of course California (LOL) is a holdout.

The latest pandemic excitement seems to be finally trying to figure out if the worlds most famous bat coronavirus lab (The Wuhan Institute) has anything to do with the emergence of the new bat coronavirus Covid-19 (in Wuhan).

Apparently the dissipation of TDS means science and inquiry is returning on a number of fronts.
Not here. Still seeing most people wearing masks. I don’t get it but I’m back to living my best life - went to the movies the other night for the first time in 14 months!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2021, 06:47 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,151,373 times
Masking here is about 50/50 but I expect that to drop over the next few days with places being fully open. But on to the next battle...
It’s going to be fun getting those collecting a check back to work and the hardcore WFH folks back into the office.

Every business here in RVA is hurting for workers, every single one. And there is a battle now between companies who are reopening their offices and those who have worked from home for the last 15 months that is interesting to watch.

Old 05-30-2021, 07:20 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,168,126 times
I’ll say by July 4th you won’t see any masks at all. Well unless you run into Monstermagnet. Lol.

Old 05-30-2021, 07:53 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,411,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
i’ll say by july 4th you won’t see any masks at all. Well unless you run into monstermagnet. Lol.
lmfao!

Old 05-30-2021, 08:34 AM

690 posts, read 585,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinche guy View Post
I’ll say there will be masks around for a while. Some students will be masked up in elementary schools. College students will continue to use masks where they feel necessary. Why are people acting like masks are a new concept? The race with the longest average lifespan has been using masks forever.
Right, and it has everything to do with wearing a mask. Nothing to do with their diet, or how active they remain well into their senior years. I am sure with mask wearing, fat, sedentary, give me a pill to fix my ailment, Americans will soon catch up to their lifespan!

Old 05-30-2021, 08:55 AM

20,941 posts, read 28,459,867 times
I was at I-Hop picking up breakfast this morning and the restaurant was at full capacity. I was the only one without a mask except for those seated and eating. Everyone else who was waiting for a table or a to go order had on masks. If you think by July 4th everyone in NY will be mask less think again. Still loads of paranoid people out there.

Old 05-30-2021, 09:05 AM

5,068 posts, read 3,964,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Not here. Still seeing most people wearing masks. I don’t get it but I’m back to living my best life - went to the movies the other night for the first time in 14 months!
Yesterday I spotted zero maskers at the hardware store and zero at the small grocery store I go to but I did see a few outdoor (!) maskers on the streets of Huntington. Looked like science-challenged bank robbers at this point.

Old 05-30-2021, 09:41 AM

5,068 posts, read 3,964,051 times
Quote:
There has to be a large segment of fully vaccinated maskers that don’t want to be mistaken for one of those alternate reality people.
Or they just don’t get the vaccine concept. Remember, old fully vaccinated Joe Biden was stumbling around double (!) masked for months till somebody clued him in.

Old 05-30-2021, 12:04 PM

22,678 posts, read 36,831,891 times
Quote:
There has to be a large segment of fully vaccinated maskers that don’t want to be mistaken for one of those alternate reality people.
I am pretty sure this is the reason ... even my teenager said "I don't want people to think I'm an anti masker". I don't want to forbid her from wearing a mask which would be silly and unproductive ... I just keep taking her out ... she likes to wear it hanging from an ear. I guess that conveys the message "I have one, but I'm vaccinated" in her mind.

As far as not getting sick for the last year, that probably has as much to do with frequent hand washing (which has ALWAYS been touted as the best way to avoid getting sick, along with not touching your hands to your face) and places not being as crowded/avoiding crowds, as it does with the masking.

Old 05-31-2021, 01:34 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,523,421 times
Quote:
I hear you, everyone else is senile and confused. The anti-maskers holding rallies are the woke ones!
The left is still having a hard time realizing that they have control over virtually every institution at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island