Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2018, 09:34 AM

872 posts, read 595,907 times

Advertisements

We also need to get rid of the RINOs in CA.. this election cycle is just the beginning towards getting the vagrants and mentally ill off the streets and away from drugs and other awful left- imposed life style choices... hope for everyone.

Lets spend the money on cleaning them up, educating them , and giving them hope...just a few of the many positive options when we get our money away from the current thieves in charge.
ALL THREE branches working like a well-oiled machine... a nation working to fix this national inhumane mess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 09:59 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Don't worry Sleepy, it's game over for communists now, at least for 15 to 20 years. That decision is one SCOTUS decision away from being crushed. Now if the right is based on our State constitution, communism will proceed unabated.
I'm not worried, why should I be, I'm not homeless. You don't want to have a discussion, you want to take partisan jabs and call people you disagree with "communists" which might get you rep points from a few of your like minded comrades but serve absolutely no other purpose.

Old 10-31-2018, 04:33 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
I question whether you are being genuine when you claim not to know that agitators are trying desperately to create a right to housing. It appears you may even be involved in the activist groups.
No, they are children of drug addicts, usually, and mostly from single parent households with no other parent to bring in income. Teenagers who couch surf between the homes of friends, relatives or neighbors because there is no food in the house. Then they get in trouble with the law. A separate agency deals with where they will go once they're off probation.

Do you know how many kids in California are homeless, who are much younger than those who come to us?

But I forgot; we're "agitators," according to you...

Old 10-31-2018, 04:37 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
The poor libs keep trying to pretend their interpretation of the constitution is permanent and/or irrefutable... your mess is being cleaned up- with or without you...
Really? Who's cleaning it up?

Old 10-31-2018, 06:14 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes! No reason to stick with the old constitution now that your Big Daddy Chump is here to protect us all from evil!

Meanwhile, back to homelessness in LA?
I am all for sticking to the constitution...that's that document that has no right to housing.

Old 11-01-2018, 05:40 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Get this . Garcetti thinks 50,000 homeowners in L.A are going to build ADUs in their backyards to house the homeless . I’m sure he’s leading by example and has his setup ready to House a justice affected mentally ill homeless person .

This guy is so out of touch with reality .
—-

"People come up all the time and say, 'What can I do personally?'" L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti told KPCC's Take Two in an interview this week. "There's 500,000 single-family homes. We're hoping ten percent will build these. It will be 50,000 new units of housing."

Mayor Garcetti Is Hoping This Program Will Create 50K Homeless Housing Units In Angelenos' Backyards: LAist

Old 11-01-2018, 07:52 AM

872 posts, read 595,907 times
The money grab escalates along with crime and blight..
Another fee to squander on the "expensive and difficult" elite money making opportunity with increased crime and blight being the only goal....
https://www.dailynews.com/2018/10/21...ore-expensive/

Old 11-01-2018, 11:42 AM

21,738 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
I am all for sticking to the constitution...that's that document that has no right to housing.
Ah. As you know, rights have been added (Bill of Rights, women’s vote, abolishment of slavery, civil rights, fair housing ... etc. etc) ... but I can’t think of any that have been taken away. So, it seems more likely that ‘right to housing’ might be added / than rights to freedom of movement taken away.

As I said, I’m not involved in any rights movement, for housing or otherwise, just observing. And my observation is: the constitutional guarantees that prohibit rounding people up for not having a place to live, sleep, eat ... and forcefully detaining or housing them where they don’t want to go ... aren’t likely to be stricken from law.

But a ‘right to housing’ created? Mmm. Dunno. Maybe.

As I asked earlier, what would be your fear of that? I’m sure you want the streets cleared, like the rest of us. If it can’t be done forcefully, given constitutional rights - what’s your alternative? I don’t know that housing needs to be a ‘right’. But housing the homeless kinda needs to happen in some form if we want the streets cleared of those who can’t compete to pay for shelter.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:02 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Tule:

What do you guess might be my objection(s) to a right to housing?

Old 11-01-2018, 03:25 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Hollywood boulevard/Gower today

Is this homeless man wearing a day without an immigrant shirt ?

Quite the setup ..

#ONLYINLA

https://ibb.co/mMRroL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles