Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2008, 07:28 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,339,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
Moxie- you can find red lentils and gazillions of other bean types if you have an Asian/Indian market nearby. There must be some in the Raleigh/Durham area!

I still love garbanzo beans the best
Around me, there is no "Asian/Indian or anyother Markets".
We have a "store"' that has some things, but when we ask about things like "garbanzo beans" they looked at me funny.

Tami~peachie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 09:23 AM

230 posts, read 875,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
We have a "store"' that has some things, but when we ask about things like "garbanzo beans" they looked at me funny.
If you don't mind ordering over the Internet, here is a good link to try for all sorts of beans and grains:

Bob's Red Mill - V2 - Whole Grain and Gluten Free Products and Recipes

Old 05-30-2008, 11:40 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,386,209 times
try your local health food store for lentils

Old 05-30-2008, 12:26 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,244,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post

Tami~peachie
The Hannaford's by the Back Cove in Portland has red lentils in the bulk section.

Garbonzo beans are also known as chick peas. Ask for those and you might get a different response.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:40 PM

307 posts, read 1,589,872 times
Default lentils etc

I found red lentils at one traditional grocery store and they were a tiny bag and quite expensive. Trader Joe's is so reasonable in cost I was hoping to find some there. They have such a great nut/seed section so I was expecting better bean selection.
I'm telling you even if you aren't a vegetarian, beans and legumes are the way to go in this tough economy! Delicious, nutritious and cheap.
I have a great black bean/black eyed pea salsa salad recipe if anyone wants it DM me. You can use it as a salsa or I just eat it out of the bowl like salad! I welcome recipes too.

Last edited by Moxie; 05-30-2008 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 05-30-2008, 04:49 PM

307 posts, read 1,589,872 times
Default posted some recipes on thinking of food thread

Moughie and Quiet Walker, some recipes for you.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:42 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,754,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
I have a great black bean/black eyed pea salsa salad recipe if anyone wants it DM me. You can use it as a salsa or I just eat it out of the bowl like salad! I welcome recipes too.
Sounds delicious!
Please do post or dm ( as I sit drooling here)

Old 05-30-2008, 08:37 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,204,158 times
tonight we had cajin pot roast. ok it was burnt dw went out to the garden and forgot it.
it was so burnt when i stuck my fork in it turnd to dust the house smells like some one set a cow on fire in the kitchen.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:50 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,754,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Garbonzo beans are also known as chick peas. Ask for those and you might get a different response.
Good point- they are more commonly known as chick peas!

Old 05-30-2008, 11:06 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,199,946 times
Talking Hello MOXIE!!! Thank You!!!!!!!!

GREAT THREAD & POST!

I love LENTILS, CHICK PEAS & BLACK BEANS, they are all full of protein,

iron and lots of other vitamins! And you can do so many things with

them!! YUM!!

MOXIE, if you can DM me the recipe you were talking about, I would love

it!!THANK YOU SO MUCH!!YUM YUM!!

Thank you everyone for these great ideas!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Take care!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
I found red lentils at one traditional grocery store and they were a tiny bag and quite expensive. Trader Joe's is so reasonable in cost I was hoping to find some there. They have such a great nut/seed section so I was expecting better bean selection.
I'm telling you even if you aren't a vegetarian, beans and legumes are the way to go in this tough economy! Delicious, nutritious and cheap.

Last edited by countrylv22; 05-30-2008 at 11:07 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU! :0) PEACE & BLESSINGS EVERYONE! :0)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine