Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2008, 08:39 AM

2,059 posts, read 4,203,168 times

Advertisements

tonight we are haveing brook truoght ,home made bake'd beans,and roll's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 10:50 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
tonight we are haveing brook truoght ,home made bake'd beans,and roll's.
You have great meals Ranger!

Old 05-29-2008, 10:53 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times
I heard on the radio today there will soon be a glut of beef on the market. High prices for corn are forcing ranchers to kill off a portion of their herds to lower their costs. What it means is there will be cheap beef for the summer and when that supply is used up beef will become scarce and very expensive! Blame the ethanol production for this.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:35 AM

2,059 posts, read 4,203,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
You have great meals Ranger!
we like to eat good allways have i dont go in for that box food becouse to me thats not food its sustinance it will sustaine you but its not real food.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:21 PM

52 posts, read 135,588 times
To Moughie (and other readers who live in the west):

I was at Trader Joe's in Phoenix yesterday, and could not believe my eyes. Fiddleheads! In the fresh vegetable section! Being from the midwest, and living in the west, I have never heard of fiddleheads before this forum - let alone see one in person! I very nearly bought a package, but I have no clue as to how to prepare them. Will check this thread more thoroughly for a recipe...

bigfez

Old 05-29-2008, 06:31 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,753,404 times
What??? YIPEEEE!
Which Traders did you go to? I will check ASAP in Ahwatukee and Tempe.
Thanks so much for letting me know

Old 05-29-2008, 06:44 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,190,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfez View Post
... I was at Trader Joe's in Phoenix yesterday, and could not believe my eyes. Fiddleheads! ...
Hi bigfez Here's the link that is posted here from time to time when someone discovers fiddleheads.

Facts on Fiddleheads

And I was surprised a few weeks ago when there was an article in my "hometown" Washington Post, on gathering wild foods. It mentioned fiddleheads, along with other things, being gathered in Virginia.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:57 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,198,331 times
Talking Hello Maineah!! Thank You!!!!!!!

GREAT THREAD!THANK YOU FOR STARTING IT!!

I AM GETTING HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!YUM YUM!!

Please keep posting here!!!!!!!!!

Take care everyone!

Have a great evening!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
An interesting way to get to know a people is to take a look at what they eat. Over time we have shared some of our favorite recipes and foods, What is sometimes telling is what people eat for everyday meals. Take txmom for instance. Today they had a REAL Maine lunch of fiddleheads, pan fried trout and homefries. It doesn't get much more Maine than that. Sounds good, though we don't always have the luxury of eating an entirely "Maine" grown meal. On the other hand I don't have anything Maine going on for suppah tonight. Just a chef salad and spaghetti with home made meatballs. Do you call the evening meal Dinner or Supper and what are you having tonight???

Last edited by countrylv22; 05-29-2008 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU! :0) PEACE & BLESSINGS EVERYONE! :0)

Old 05-29-2008, 07:54 PM

307 posts, read 1,589,551 times
Default love beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
Wow, Moxie, that recipe looks simple divine! I already cut and pasted it Thanks on behalf of all of us vegetarian members of the esteemed Maine forum!

Is it possible to replace the kidney beans( not my favorite at all) with another type of beans - perhaps lima or great northern???
They have that sweet/spicy quality so what ever bean you may like to try. Maybe a white bean would do.
I've passed this on to a lot of my veggie friends and they and the kids love it. It's hard to always find things the kids will eat.
I've been working towards LOVE again. Lacto/Ovo/VEgetarian. I was one for 12 years until I met my meat eating hubby. I don't think I'll give up seafood though.
I wish Trader Joe's carried more interesting dry bean varieties. Couldn't even find red lentils there!

Old 05-29-2008, 09:27 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,753,404 times
Moxie- you can find red lentils and gazillions of other bean types if you have an Asian/Indian market nearby. There must be some in the Raleigh/Durham area!

I still love garbanzo beans the best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine