Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2008, 08:13 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,364,771 times

Advertisements

Last night I made TexMex meatloaf. So good. Tonight will be BBQ boneless beef ribs, baked potatoes, and will grill onions, green peppers and yellow squash . Dessert is watermelon. This was going to be our Memorial Day suppah, but we ended up going to a last minute cookout with friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 09:21 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,673,997 times
Tonight it's grilled pork tenderloin, my dw's famous macaroni salad,fresh baby spinach, and dessert is Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream. Then I have to go hide somewhere as there is a Lioness meeting here!

Old 05-28-2008, 11:03 AM

230 posts, read 875,631 times
I was walking thru the local Co-op last night and I came upon a display with three of my fav veggies: fiddleheads, asparagus, and new corn on the cob. I bought a little of each - guess what I'm having for supper tonight, with grilled chicken breast! I am a good cook in the kitchen, but my bf was the grillmaster. I think I will do ok, though! I don't usually eat sweets, but ummmm ~~CHERRY GARCIA~~! (Having a Homer Simpson moment).

Old 05-28-2008, 08:17 PM

307 posts, read 1,589,872 times
Default Perisan Kidney Beans

Persian Kidney Beans
4 servings - 160 cal each

3/4 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1 TBS fresh lime juice
1 TBS tomato paste
1/2 tsp bottled or fresh seeded, minced red jalapeno chili (I used canned green)
1 1/2 cans dark red kidney beans rinsed and drained
1/4 tsp finely shredded lime peel
1/4 tsp finely shredded orange peel
2 TBS freshly grated Romano cheese (optional)

Heat a large saucepan over med heat. Add oil and onion, cook for 5 min, stirring occasionally.
Add garlic, salt, cumin and cinnamon, cook for 3 min. Add orange and lime juices, tomato paste, and chili, simmer uncovered for 5 min, stirring occasionally. Add beans and bring to a boil. Reduce heat simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ladle into bowls and top with zests and cheese. I didn't top with anything. My 7 yr old son ate 3 helpings of these. I have to double the recipe now. YUMMMMM!

PS. My mom is a multi-generational Mainer and loves grits! Not me, although I really should try shrimp and grits before I move out of North Carolina.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:22 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,204,158 times
Tonight I Had Pizza On The Way Home .i Had To Work Late

Old 05-28-2008, 08:45 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,754,419 times
Wow, Moxie, that recipe looks simple divine! I already cut and pasted it Thanks on behalf of all of us vegetarian members of the esteemed Maine forum!

Is it possible to replace the kidney beans( not my favorite at all) with another type of beans - perhaps lima or great northern???

Old 05-29-2008, 05:05 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,339,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
Frozen microwavable garbage from Kashi...

I didn't know that Kashi made frozen meals. I eat their cookies. I feel less guilty about enjoying them. I think to myself...
"Well....... there good for me so have another one for computer reading at City Data."

Tami~peachie

Old 05-29-2008, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Tonight it's grilled pork tenderloin, my dw's famous macaroni salad,fresh baby spinach, and dessert is Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream. Then I have to go hide somewhere as there is a Lioness meeting here!
Ohh I love macaroni salad and pasta salad.

Tami~peachie

Old 05-29-2008, 08:20 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,655,818 times
last night we had salmon croquettes, mashed potatoes, peas, and winter squash.

I cooked some extra potatoes because I like to use them in a dish we make with cut up sausage (kelbasa or half-smokes), taters, onions and green peppers, which will be supper tonight.

But the fridge is getting full of leftovers, so I think lunch today will be "clean out the fridge time" to the best of our ability. There is some homemade beanie weenie, homemade potato salad, tuna salad, a bit of green salad -- all of which are on the "use me NOW" list... sounds like lunch to me.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
Last night I made TexMex meatloaf. So good. Tonight will be BBQ boneless beef ribs, baked potatoes, and will grill onions, green peppers and yellow squash . Dessert is watermelon. This was going to be our Memorial Day suppah, but we ended up going to a last minute cookout with friends.
I should of responded the sooner to say..
"What time should I come over?"

Tami~peachie

p.s. Is anyone thinking about going on a "Summer NO TASTE Life Change?"
* I threw on some summer apparrel the other day ( remember when it was pretty warm out)and almost stayed inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine