Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 05:03 PM

1,698 posts, read 3,336,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Just came in from painting the porch railings...they were pretty ragged. "Supper" is what we call it, something simple as we both worked all day. Nice crisp tuna salad on a bed of lettuce with sliced tomatoes. None from our garden, all of it from the grocery store. We give thanks that we can still afford to buy food!
Sometimes that sounds like my supper. I'm bushed from a long day, and a simple supper is what our family has. Monday's are usually family day. We have a big supper with dessert.

Tami~peachie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 06:12 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,344,504 times
I ate a lot of grits when I lived down South. My hillbilly wife from Kentucky won't touch 'em. I like mine with butter and pepper.

Tonight we had black beans and rice and some chicken. I ate mine with diced tomatoes, onions and cilantro rolled up in flour tortillas with a healthy splash of Cholula Sauce (the BEST hot sauce east of the Rockies).

I'm looking forward to Sunday diner tomorrow. It's supposed to be really nice out so I'm thinking we might BBQ. Were starting the day with a hike up Mt. Kearsarge, then church, then I have to go to work for a few hours to put decking down on the deck we framed in today. Figured a nice way to end the day would be with a BBQ lamb kabob.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:51 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,489,740 times
Bignhfamily, with a meal like that you have to be of Spanish descent. I read your meal and crave black beans and it is almost 1am. I prefer Marie Sharps Belize sauce over Cholula though. It is hot, hot, hot, but good, good, good. The white label Marie's is the best....

My wife cooks white rice, black beans topped with onions and olive oil and red wine vinegar with fillete steak marinated in garlic, parsley and finely chopped onions.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:35 AM

1,004 posts, read 2,344,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine4.us View Post
Bignhfamily, with a meal like that you have to be of Spanish descent. I read your meal and crave black beans and it is almost 1am. I prefer Marie Sharps Belize sauce over Cholula though. It is hot, hot, hot, but good, good, good. The white label Marie's is the best....

My wife cooks white rice, black beans topped with onions and olive oil and red wine vinegar with fillete steak marinated in garlic, parsley and finely chopped onions.
LOL - nope no Spanish here. Scottish, Irish, German, English. I'm a mutt

My dad's a Texan (who grew up in Panama and Venezuela) and we acquired a taste for spicy yet ever so tasty foods from him.
I lived in San Diego, El Paso and all over the south. So over the years I've learned and enjoyed many different foods. Baja, creole, tex mex, etc.
I can't gut hamburger tacos any more but that carne asada your wife makes sounds delicious!
I'd like to try that Marie's hot sauce too!

Old 05-25-2008, 01:02 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,751,635 times
[QUOTE
Well you are supposed to cook them before they are eaten [/quote]

Dang, good point! Or at least cook them all the way through...

Old 05-27-2008, 05:42 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,186,569 times
(It was uncomfortably warm today for the first time this year and very humid. Last week it was cold and rainy. I turned the boiler off three days ago. The last few years the weather has slammed from one extreme to the other overnight, with turning off the heat and putting the window shakers in on the same day.)

Bar-B-Que (homemade) sandwiches on toasted rolls, topped with tangy coleslaw and a few drops of hot sauce.

Amish potato salad (yellow, no egg, sweet)

Baked beans

Potato chips

Pepsi-cola

Canned peaches on vanilla ice cream for desert

Old 05-27-2008, 05:58 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,661,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
(It was uncomfortably warm today for the first time this year and very humid. Last week it was cold and rainy. I turned the boiler off three days ago. The last few years the weather has slammed from one extreme to the other overnight, with turning off the heat and putting the window shakers in on the same day.)

Bar-B-Que (homemade) sandwiches on toasted rolls, topped with tangy coleslaw and a few drops of hot sauce.

Amish potato salad (yellow, no egg, sweet)

Baked beans

Potato chips

Pepsi-cola

Canned peaches on vanilla ice cream for desert
Yummy! That sounds delicious! How does one make proper bar-b-que?

Old 05-27-2008, 06:20 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,201,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Yummy! That sounds delicious! How does one make proper bar-b-que?
with a grill charcole and meat.lol

Old 05-27-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
with a grill charcole and meat.lol
Any Southern connoisseur of Bar-B Que will tell you what we do up here is grilling not "proper bar-b-que! There really is quite an are to real bar-b-que.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:28 PM

Fast dinner tonight! ABC (already been cooked!) Chicken as we call it from Hannaford's,corn, broccoli, and italian bread! Dessert was Snicker's Ice Cream Bars. Corona with lime as a beverage. DW and son had school event to attend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine