Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2023, 07:18 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,732,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
That's not something i do personally. Not sure what that has to do with anything? I do know people who make a profit off of flipping homes. People also sell drugs, guns and body parts for profit.
Just my observation.

People in this thread: these high prices are not okay, not everyone can afford them.

Also people in this thread: every house I've bought was purchased under list and sold for over list!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2023, 07:20 PM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
You didn't answer the question.

Did too. Even gave you numbers to digest.

Old 06-17-2023, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Just my observation.

People in this thread: these high prices are not okay, not everyone can afford them.

Also people in this thread: every house I've bought was purchased under list and sold for over list!

Just my observation.

We must get permission from matrix to make on topic posts in this thread, to ensure that his feelings aren't hurt.

Old 06-17-2023, 07:25 PM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
Default Re

Quote:
Just my observation.

I bought my home in 2020. I did buy for slightly under and sold previous house for profit. Most people sell a house for profit. Very hard to get anything under asking these days. I'm again not sure what your point is. You used to be able to get a house for under asking, it seemed to be what people tried to do. Now it's unheard of. Maybe we will get back there someday but as of now I do think real estate prices are crazy. Good for sellers bad for average buyers.

Old 06-17-2023, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Did too. Even gave you numbers to digest.
Nope you dodged it. Has any of these bailouts prevented you from putting food on the table?

If things are so bad then why is everyone's 401k, Roth IRA, HSA, taxable accounts and home equity at all time highs? The world is ending every few years. If I worried about the world ending all the time then I would've died of a heart attack 30 years ago.

Old 06-17-2023, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I bought my home in 2020. I did buy for slightly under and sold previous house for profit. Most people sell a house for profit. Very hard to get anything under asking these days. I'm again not sure what your point is. You used to be able to get a house for under asking, it seemed to be what people tried to do. Now it's unheard of. Maybe we will get back there someday but as of now I do think real estate prices are crazy. Good for sellers bad for average buyers.
If it's not okay for house prices to be so high then why did you accept an offer over list? Surely you got an offer lower than the selling price? The lowest bidder could not afford the house you sold and that's not okay.

I just think the hypocrisy here is funny.

Old 06-17-2023, 07:35 PM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
Default Re

Quote:
Nope you dodged it. Has any of these bailouts prevented you from putting food on the table?

If things are so bad then why is everyone's 401k, Roth IRA, HSA, taxable accounts and home equity at all time highs? The world is ending every few years. If I worried about the world ending all the time then I would've died of a heart attack 30 years ago.
401ks are not at an all time high right now.

I mean as far as people not accepting over asking don't be dumb. Those folks need a place to live too that is likely going to cost them over asking. Actually now that you mention it my house in 2020 sold for slightly under asking price. We bought for slightly under.

Old 06-17-2023, 07:38 PM

Quote:
401ks are not at an all time high right now.

I mean as far as people not accepting over asking don't be dumb. Those folks need a place to live too that is likely going to cost them over asking. Actually now that you mention it my house in 2020 sold for asking price. We bought for slightly under.
If you stayed the course and dollar cost averaged the whole time, your 401k should be at all time high or very close with reinvested dividends and compound interest. SPY is only 6% below all time high.

Old 06-17-2023, 07:38 PM

Quote:

No. I guess the world can rest easy now that I "massnative71" has food on his table.

Quote:

More demonstrating how out of touch you (and much of this forum) is. Much of this country is without ANY of those things. Has the growing wealth gap totally escaped you?

Old 06-17-2023, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
No. I guess the world can rest easy now that I "massnative71" has food on his table.

More demonstrating how out of touch you (and much of this forum) is. Much of this country is without ANY of those things. Has the growing wealth gap totally escaped you?
And yet buyers are qualified to buy homes at these prices. I'm not sure what you're looking for, do you want people to sell their homes for 25% less than market price or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts