Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2023, 01:58 PM

849 posts, read 554,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Dude, no matter how you word it, they didn't make a million.
Yes they did from the two transactions.

When I say I make 10 grand from work (i.e. selling my labor), I always need to minus gas cost and car depreciation?
You need to read things in context, not like a child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2023, 01:59 PM

17,738 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
upsetting times for those sellers I'm sure
Who is "quite oversensitive around real estate"?

Old 12-08-2023, 02:00 PM

17,738 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtPleasantDream View Post
You need to read things in context, not like a child.
Ok.

Old 12-08-2023, 02:01 PM

16,395 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Who is "quite oversensitive around real estate"?
You are.

Old 12-08-2023, 02:08 PM

360 posts, read 141,521 times
Quote:
Everyone knows (selling price - buying price) is not the real profit. So it is not hard to figure out what "making one million" really means in this context.

If you don't get it, maybe you need to improve yourself.
It's not my fault (or anyone else's) that you didn't phrase your thoughts properly. And it's not the first time you've meant something different than what you wrote, and promptly got defensive when others pointed it out. As has been made clear in the prior responses, the flipper did NOT make a million on that house. Even you agreed, despite the fact that you literally said they did.

Please be sure to make cogent points in the future if you wish to have an actual discussion.

Old 12-08-2023, 02:11 PM

it would be rare for anyone to make a million off a house like in a flip these days

Old 12-08-2023, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced_Coffee View Post
It's not my fault (or anyone else's) that you didn't phrase your thoughts properly. And it's not the first time you've meant something different than what you wrote, and promptly got defensive when others pointed it out. As has been made clear in the prior responses, the flipper did NOT make a million on that house. Even you agreed, despite the fact that you literally said they did.

Please be sure to make cogent points in the future if you wish to have an actual discussion.
Show me another time.

When people always like to "state the obvious", it is usually because they can't understand what others really said.

In my work place, I talk to intelligent people (all with PhD degrees) all the time, so maybe sometimes I need to change my language to accommodate you. I will try.

Old 12-08-2023, 02:34 PM

lol...oh the 'ol 'everyone i work with is wicked smaht' excuse.

Old 12-08-2023, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I'm a big fan of modern design and nontraditional materials; and I give a lot of credit for outside of the box creativity. But that house is ugly. There's nothing about the interior or exterior of the house that makes me think that complex/cris-crossing roof was necessary from a functional standpoint. And while I'm all for breaking up a monotonous facade, there are 7(!) different rooflines when viewed from the front, and 3 different color/texture patterns on the front (4 over the whole house). That's complexity for complexity's sake and to me, it's just way over the top. But clearly other people feel differently. The inside looks nice.
I don't quite like the grid pattern of the outside.
The rooflines are fine for me. I wish it had some larger windows.

Old 12-08-2023, 02:39 PM

360 posts, read 141,521 times
Quote:
Show me another time.
This entire ridiculous ordeal:
Quote:
This apartment has an HOA fee of $27k/mo, and property tax of $340k/yr.
So even millionaires cannot afford living there if you give them this property for free.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...33605813_zpid/
In the future, when you make a mistake or an error, just say something like "apologies, what I actually meant to say was [insert what you meant to say instead of what you actually said]."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts