Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2019, 05:51 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times

Advertisements

I finally started an antidepressant after a very serious episode in early December. Feeling much better although I haven't been on the Lexapro long enough to actually make a difference. Maybe it's the placebo effect but regardless I am feeling pretty good right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2019, 09:31 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,874,855 times
Seems we all are doing ok....that's good enough for some days. They won't all be bright and sunny....

SUN is out today, helps with the SAD symptoms. Enjoy if you can...

Old 01-10-2019, 10:45 AM

1,183 posts, read 709,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Seems we all are doing ok....that's good enough for some days. They won't all be bright and sunny....

SUN is out today, helps with the SAD symptoms. Enjoy if you can...

And the days are getting longer too - its all good greatblue

Old 01-11-2019, 01:16 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,926,023 times
Ive talked to a counselor and I am about to start seeing a psychiatrist...ive been told to be carfeful with meds, that sometimes all the med does is get you up and moving, motivate you enough to commit suicide

my lack of motivation has gotten better...im back to hanging with friends...but still...ive researched suicide and chose a method...even bought all the supplies LEGALLY

its comforting for some reason to have this suicide box hidden in my tool area...will probably be there unused for ever...

I really believe this is a chemical imbalance in my brain and I am going to try treating it
but I really have little to no will to live...I am an atheist, I believe that after death there is nothing...no memory, no consciousness...no looking forward...this sounds wonderful to me...no more depression living in the past, no more anxiety worrying about the future

Old 01-13-2019, 04:43 PM

35,090 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
And the days are getting longer too - its all good greatblue
Not necessarily. See Emergency of Global Darkening - Urgent Action Needed.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:27 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
I can understand a bit of what you're going through greatblueheron. I went through a crushing chemical depression from taking the oxycodone for months. I sat for nearly 5 months, and that was enough to drive me crazy. Add to the mix drugs that make you feel like you're two inches tall, painful therapy three times a week, and the darkness was devastating.

That being said I knew in the deep recesses of my mind that life will change again. It always does. If you can manage to keep that tiny spark alive, it helps. So to will the medications that alter your brain chemistry. That is only part of the equation. I think you have to train yourself to look at life differently as well, and take control of your happiness.

Yes, I have days that I do nothing but sit around, sometimes all day. I had a job that was very physically demanding for decades, and sitting around doing nothing on my days off was a luxury. Why not enjoy that now that I'm retired? Heck I need it after being with the six year old all day. We took her sledding yesterday, and I played outside with her for hours. I going ice skating in about an hour. Tomorrow I may just sit around all day. Heck, why not?

Try not to be so hard on yourself.

Old 01-14-2019, 12:15 PM

35,090 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Default Carole King's advice

Carole King's advice, "(y)ou've got to get up every morning, put a smile on your face..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJn3QJYYBr0

Old 01-15-2019, 04:45 AM

1 posts, read 764 times
what I had understood from all problem that I faced in my life is that necessary just to go straight, accept all your mistakes and work with them. Don’t be on depression and blame everybody around. Just give yourself time and freedom, do smth that you love, visit new country, read some psyhology books and do Volikov's test, it will help you to reach the harmony, is the most important thing in my opinion, never look back, only go agead!

Old 02-02-2019, 06:26 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
Hello all - been doing better as far as the depression with the Lexapro but my anxiety is much worse since my psychiatrist has been weaning me off the Lorazepam (Ativan). She gave me Valium which stays in your system longer and has reduced it from 10 mg. to 5 mg. I'm waking up at 4 a.m. and having so much anxiety it is horrible. Not a full blown panic attack but a bad anxiety attack. I have a feeling she is trying to detox me from the benzos too quickly considering I have been on them for almost 17 years. I have a call in to her office to try and get an appointment sooner than my next scheduled one. I don't know what's worse - depression or severe anxiety.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:02 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,874,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I can understand a bit of what you're going through greatblueheron. I went through a crushing chemical depression from taking the oxycodone for months. I sat for nearly 5 months, and that was enough to drive me crazy. Add to the mix drugs that make you feel like you're two inches tall, painful therapy three times a week, and the darkness was devastating.

That being said I knew in the deep recesses of my mind that life will change again. It always does. If you can manage to keep that tiny spark alive, it helps. So to will the medications that alter your brain chemistry. That is only part of the equation. I think you have to train yourself to look at life differently as well, and take control of your happiness.

Yes, I have days that I do nothing but sit around, sometimes all day. I had a job that was very physically demanding for decades, and sitting around doing nothing on my days off was a luxury. Why not enjoy that now that I'm retired? Heck I need it after being with the six year old all day. We took her sledding yesterday, and I played outside with her for hours. I going ice skating in about an hour. Tomorrow I may just sit around all day. Heck, why not?

Try not to be so hard on yourself.

Oh, I'm doing very well. Still have an occasional bad day but it's ok, I used to have bad years!

Found the perfect med combo finally. The sun is out today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health