Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2019, 02:00 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,874,855 times

Advertisements

Joe...we hear you...and understand.

It's time for you to go in the hospital and you know it!!!
Get up and make some arrangements...you need weeks of care to right yourself!! And some help with meds.

Nothing is going to change until YOU make the effort!!!

Take a cab or get a ride to the ER...please.

TALK TO US JOE....

Last edited by greatblueheron; 03-08-2019 at 03:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2019, 02:09 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,579,709 times
What about can't get out of bed because sick days? ugh, I can't hardly hold my head up. I think sometimes our bodies intervene when we won't rest for other reasons. I have been stressed to the max and needed to take it really easy but I wasn't going to. Presto, no choice.

Old 03-08-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
What about can't get out of bed because sick days? ugh, I can't hardly hold my head up. I think sometimes our bodies intervene when we won't rest for other reasons. I have been stressed to the max and needed to take it really easy but I wasn't going to. Presto, no choice.

I know those days....sorry if that's where you are...

Can you reduce some of the stressors in your life??? And what about meds?? Finally I've gotten to a good and helpful place with meds....you must keep trying.

Got a therapist? You need to work some of this pain and stress OUT!

Are you living in a sunny spot? Sun and the Vit D we have both found, can help increase feelings of well being.

Talk to us...

Old 03-08-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
The inner voices that talk to me are being especially negative these last few days. No one could love me, they tell me. If they had loved you, you wouldn't be alone now. I try to be careful mentioning these feelings. I want to make sure folks know I understand they say more about me than they do them. I try to silence the voices and doubts that I have, but it never works long term. Sometimes it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you tell yourself that no one loves you enough, you start acting in unlovable ways and the people who do or did love you leave you. Everyone eventually leaves.

The voices are always with me and they get louder when I turn out the lights and go to bed. I always have a nagging feeling that disaster is right around the corner. Sometimes I imagine a plane crashing into my house. The jets I sometimes hear flying from Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter don't help allay these fears. Sometimes it's the feeling that someone is in my house about to do harm to me. At different times I have thought there might be ghosts in the house. There have been a lot of people that lived here who died here. And there are supposed to be Indian burial grounds near where I live. These are things I have pondered on when I am in bed trying to go to sleep, all a part of the Rolodex I have mentioned before spitting things out for my mind to dwell on in my darkest moments.

It does not help that every day is the same. Every hour of every day, too. For every day that I get out of the house for a few hours, there are nine days if not more where I am always right here. All of the time. Nothing really changes. Some days my depression takes a back seat. Other days it is front and center. But no matter how I feel from one day to the next, I know my depression is never fully gone. It always comes back. But the truth is I think I could almost survive the depression, but the loneliness and isolation will kill me eventually

It's like being lost at sea and trying to tread water. You fight to stay afloat because fighting is what you do. You don't think about it. You just do it. But it's exhausting. And it's a constant battle. You never get to not fight because when you stop fighting, the depression takes over and it takes twice as much strength to get back to the point you were just at when you gave up the fight.

Someone on The Mighty asked which came first, the depression or the loneliness. It is different for everyone. With me, the depression was first although I didn't realize that the depression was creeping back in until it was too late. Now that so many people in my life have left and my truck has died, the loneliness is my next great fight. Loneliness and isolation are often the same thing for me.

Today is a dark day for me. Tomorrow could be worse.
Joe, is there any reason to turn off the lights? When I have anxiety, there is a sense of doom that can come along with that and I find that while dark and quiet is preferable most of the time, not during those times. I put something on the TV that gives me light as well. I hit the off button only after I feel myself drifting off. And sometimes I leave the light on and then put a face mask on to block the light. It being on makes me feel better.

Old 03-08-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Thanks. ATM it's 'life stuff' that has me stressed to my outer limit. When my anxiety is that high, what I would term an actual anxiety attack, I can't see. That isn't literal. I can see my purse but not recognize it as my purse. I can go about doing things that need doing. Work, other things, it's the evenings that get me. I watch shows and have no idea what happened. I wasn't really watching, I was in my head.

Stupid me had to reach a crisis to 'remember' that trying to watch TV is not a good way to unwind in such a circumstance.

I have to actively do something else. I called a hotline to be reminded of grounding techniques. I was hot with the house at 62. Bare feet on the cold floor was step one. Everyone is different but for me at that time we decided every line and dance move and drum beat and fingernails clicking needed rehearsing again for the first time in a long time, but concentrating my entire body and mind on that helped.

The song is also sort of angry and I was angry with nowhere to put that, so what is the word? IDR, but channeling in into something 'constructive'.

I like other numbers too, and the first one is hard, requiring concentration, but I was getting to this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrrz54UtkCc

This is the first number and I like her defiance at the end of it. Standing strong. The beginning is funny and laughter is good! Where is Veronica? 'She's not herself tonight'. No, no she isn't. She'd not ever going to be herself again.

A new one would be too hard I think. Another aspect is muscle memory. The 5678 tells my body to get in place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPFKMco8AL0

Good you have grounding techniques that work for you....one of mine used to be a whiff of ammonia!!
That'll bring you out of anything! Keep doing what works, of course.

You didn't answer about therapy and meds.....?

Old 03-08-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Good you have grounding techniques that work for you....one of mine used to be a whiff of ammonia!!
That'll bring you out of anything! Keep doing what works, of course.

You didn't answer about therapy and meds.....?
Thanks. I just need rest right now. Two cats are waiting for me to get in bed and turn on a docu or a movie while I hack and drink juice and water! A weekend of rest and staying away from the stressful topic will help. My bestie asked if I wanted to talk about it. Thanks, but nope. I've done enough of that for now! I'd rather talk or listen regarding ANY other topic. Or none at all. Put a sign up and put on my phone that I am unavailable until Monday.

Old 03-08-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I just need rest right now. Two cats are waiting for me to get in bed and turn on a docu or a movie while I hack and drink juice and water! A weekend of rest and staying away from the stressful topic will help. My bestie asked if I wanted to talk about it. Thanks, but nope. I've done enough of that for now! I'd rather talk or listen regarding ANY other topic. Or none at all. Put a sign up and put on my phone that I am unavailable until Monday.

Got it...enjoy your quiet time...

Old 03-09-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Joe...we hear you...and understand.

It's time for you to go in the hospital and you know it!!!
Get up and make some arrangements...you need weeks of care to right yourself!! And some help with meds.

Nothing is going to change until YOU make the effort!!!

Take a cab or get a ride to the ER...please.

TALK TO US JOE....

Joe the photog....

update us!

Old 03-09-2019, 10:12 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
Quote:
Joe the photog....

update us!
I'm here. Today is better. Yesterday was bad thinking about it being my mom's birthday today. She passed in 1992. I jknow I need to go get right in a hospital soon.

Old 03-09-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'm here. Today is better. Yesterday was bad thinking about it being my mom's birthday today. She passed in 1992. I jknow I need to go get right in a hospital soon.

No, not soon...NOW.

You've been talking about this for months, how you KNOW you need to go in...

you'll FEEL BETTER with the proper meds!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health