Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2010, 08:59 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1686 View Post
Those stats are scary. Miami's crime is sky rocket, no wonder I don't go for a walk in this city because I can feel the danger Miami and Nashville are close on crime, but I still see Miami's crime is higher.

Nashville has a higher per capita and more educated people than Miami, though.
there are more educated ppl in Nashville than Miami? really??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 05:56 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
there are more educated ppl in Nashville than Miami? really??
Marina .. whatever her name is ... hates Miami so take her comments with a grain of salt .

Old 08-14-2010, 07:08 PM

11 posts, read 41,289 times
just stick to the topic. everyone, please. top three ghetto places - 1. OVERTOWN 2. LIBERTY CITY 3. LIL HAITI/HAVANA (two places mashed together) - miami ghettos spread everywhere, these are just major ghetto neighborhoods. if yall can believe it, it be worse than LA... seriously.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:45 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
Lil Havana?

I would say more like OPalocka(though this one is not Miami) and Model City

Old 08-14-2010, 11:39 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,869,415 times
brownsville aka brownsub, lil havanna isnt that bad

Old 08-14-2010, 11:46 PM

6 posts, read 11,862 times
Brownsville is alright, i have to tutor a couple kids there (i go to school close by, MDC in opa locka) a lot of good, hard working people there. I catch the metro pretty late at night sometimes and haven't had any problems.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:47 PM

16 posts, read 22,131 times
Default miami gettos

I know dade county and was born and raised in broward county. These pictures look like some middle class dade county neighborhoods. They do not look that bad really. I have been to Detroit, NYC, Kansas City, Memphis, New Orleans, and they are much, much worse looking.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:52 PM

6 posts, read 11,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolene View Post
I know dade county and was born and raised in broward county. These pictures look like some middle class dade county neighborhoods. They do not look that bad really. I have been to Detroit, NYC, Kansas City, Memphis, New Orleans, and they are much, much worse looking.
That one sticks out like a sore thumb... Other cities i agree having been to most of them.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:50 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
check out on the Aventura/Hallandale boarder... trailers galore right on US1

Old 08-19-2010, 05:04 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banx View Post
Well I will say this, some ghettos in miami look years better than some ghetto's in Chicago (usually the African-American ones). However, others look years behind. The ghetto's that are mostly all houses with yards I would say don't look too bad at all, but other ghetto's I have seen in Miami that look identical to Jamaican neighborhoods and towns in Jamaica are terrible. My brother lives in Jamaica and I would literally at moments forget I was in the US and had to blink twice. Some areas seriously looked identical to Jamaica, it was crazy, like entire communities made out of one room square shacks built out of wood or tin sheets, people selling water bottles in the street at intersections, similiar looking decrepid bars and buildings that people would still actually hang out at, etc. On another note though, some ghettos in Miami though I know people in Chicago would kill to live in them, especially people who are living in Chicago's projects. These neighborhoods in Miami, comparitively speaking, really aren't that bad looking (usually the African-American neighborhoods) compared to other ghetto's and projects in bigger cities. But those Carribean ghetto's were awful, and barely liveable... lookin at some of em, I wonder if they even had running water or electricity- probably not.

I was just thinking that some of these picture look just like Jamaica, which is known for its high poverty and crime rates
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami