Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2014, 10:57 AM

3,415 posts, read 5,130,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
Well to be honest I am not sure what your deal is other than just trolling. Personally I will take snobby insular people over gloomy rust belt societal collapse. If you don't live in Minneapolis, and Cleveland is so great, I am confused as to why you are bothering with this particular forum.
It's an interesting topic to me, because I experienced what many other people experience with Minnesota culture, and still feel kind of put off that a place I had such high expectations for came across as the opposite of what I was expecting. I was hoping for down to earth, humble, open-minded, friendly people. I found the opposite. I found the attitude I expected more in Iowa (a state which, like most others, Minnesotans love to put down).

Also, it bothers me that Minnesotans think their city has such superior EVERYTHING to Cleveland. In fact, our cultural institutions are much more prestigious for the most part, and our architecture and downtown is much grander, but that's a conversation for another time.

Last edited by Cleverfield; 10-27-2014 at 11:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
That's because there's nothing going on in Cleveland except weak sports teams so no one but sports fans even cares to comment about the place. I can't help that.

But what happened to the claim that people here don't hold on to their heritage? I'm still waiting for you to document or retract that one. Why do you keep changing the subject? Are you having difficulty following the conversation here?
Hmm, well the national media sure seems to care more about Cleveland than Minneapolis (Cavs/Lebron, Cleveland Clinic, Rock Hall), and our sports teams aren't so weak now that we have Lebron and *ahem* Kevin Love. The pages are tongue in cheek names that are designed to appeal to the long suffering, but loyal fanbase in Cleveland. There is plenty going on in Cleveland, but we are passionate about our sports.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:09 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,311,529 times
Well I don't know why it bothers you so much. Minnesotans are snobs and don't care about Cleveland. Case closed. You're never going to convince anyone here that Cleveland is worth thinking about. Nobody else in the country cares about Cleveland (or the Twin Cities, for that matter) either.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
Well I don't know why it bothers you so much. Minnesotans are snobs and don't care about Cleveland. Case closed. You're never going to convince anyone here that Cleveland is worth thinking about. Nobody else in the country cares about Cleveland (or the Twin Cities, for that matter) either.
You can go ahead and not care about Cleveland, but if you're going to live in the delusion that your city is so superior, I'm going to bring some reality and balance to the table.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:18 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,714,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
You can go ahead and not care about Cleveland, but if you're going to live in the delusion that your city is so superior, I'm going to bring some reality and balance to the table.
Based on what? The some nice Minnesota girl wouldn't date you at St. Olaf?

Old 10-27-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Based on discussions that I've had with people both in my time spent there, and on this forum.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:33 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,714,614 times
Quote:
Based on discussions that I've had with people both in my time spent there, and on this forum.
Experts are usually not hesitant to share their credentials so maybe at last you will respond to this two and a half day old inquiry.

Quote:
I think that I might take you more seriously if I understood what you are basing these observations of the Twin Cities and Minnesota on.

Can you share where you lived, when, and for how long? That would help all of us to get a better understanding of why a person from Cleveland holds himself out as such an authority on Minnesota.

Thank you.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:59 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:
FINALLY! someone else who finally sees whats driving these BH tirades

Old 10-27-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
FINALLY! someone else who finally sees whats driving these BH tirades
Yep, you got it, I was rejected by a Minnesoooota girl and now I'm taking my anger out on the whole state , that's why everyone on the "I Hate Minneapolis" page is making similar comments as well. Oh, but if I said nice things about the state, then those are unequivocally true, and couldn't possibly be based on anything but cold hard facts, not limited interactions and generalizations.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:09 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:
Yep, you got it, I was rejected by a Minnesoooota girl and now I'm taking my anger out on the whole state , that's why everyone on the "I Hate Minneapolis" page is making similar comments as well. Oh, but if I said nice things about the state, then those are unequivocally true, and couldn't possibly be based on anything but cold hard facts, not limited interactions and generalizations.
how come you didn't last even a couple years in Northfield?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul