Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2008, 06:09 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times

Advertisements

[quote=phyll;3425336]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
LOL ... I think my fav. was the sandwich ice cream.

If we're going to go back on Memory Lane, did anyone play the game "Red Rover", as in "Red Rover, Red Rover, send <name> right over"? Ahh, those were the days. [/QUOT

Yes, I do remember that game ,there were many kids on our block that we had a great time , or what about the game red light ,green light?I have been reading the posts here with enjoyment.
Oh yes. 123 Redlight! 123 Greenlight! Loved that. Also loved Kick the Can- was my favorite-I believe we have previously discussed it in this thread. I loved just being outdoors as a kid. As many I believe have said earlier parents had to practically beg me to come in-much different than today. Riding bikes-catching lightning bugs-building treehouses-etc. Everything and anything outdoors.

Nicolem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 06:12 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,609,171 times
[quote=nicolem;3425381]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyll View Post

Oh yes. 123 Redlight! 123 Greenlight! Loved that. Also loved Kick the Can- was my favorite-I believe we have previously discussed it in this thread. I loved just being outdoors as a kid. As many I believe have said earlier parents had to practically beg me to come in-much different than today. Riding bikes-catching lightning bugs-building treehouses-etc. Everything and anything outdoors.

Nicolem
I remember our first "Gocart" - we used parts from an old baby carriage...wood scraps that dad had laying around - it was actually pretty darn nice. Had a steering wheel and everything. Ahhh..the good old days : )

Old 04-11-2008, 06:16 AM

665 posts, read 1,926,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Marko.... Polo....Marko......Polo : ) Nowadays it's Reality Fighting... Super mario... I feel kids today are deprived of the kind of childhoods we had. Maybe some moms and dads in here can take their kids outside this weekend and teach them some of the great games we used to play!
OH, Marko Polo, I couldn't remember the name, we played that while in our pool! When I lived at the shore, I never saw kids outside, so sad.We would go out in the morn, on weekends and HAVE TO be called in at night. I now live in Tn and my g-daughter (4yrs old)plays outside all the time!,riding bikes, chalk, teaching her hopscotch.The kids now a days are deprived.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:51 AM

941 posts, read 2,303,335 times
Hey these chocodiles are a fake, the real ones had a crocodile smiling holding a chocodile in his hand on the package how about fluff-a-nutta and goober-grape sandwiches remember those?

Old 04-11-2008, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.man View Post
Hey these chocodiles are a fake, the real ones had a crocodile smiling holding a chocodile in his hand on the package how about fluff-a-nutta and goober-grape sandwiches remember those?
Remember them? I still eat fluff-a-nutta sandwiches at age 43! I have a jar of fluff in my pantry : )) You know you can still get fluff for under a buck!

Old 04-11-2008, 07:08 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
Quote:
Marko.... Polo....Marko......Polo : ) Nowadays it's Reality Fighting... Super mario... I feel kids today are deprived of the kind of childhoods we had. Maybe some moms and dads in here can take their kids outside this weekend and teach them some of the great games we used to play!
and i'm sure our parents said the same thing about us when we sat inside all morning on saturday's watching cartoons.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
and i'm sure our parents said the same thing about us when we sat inside all morning on saturday's watching cartoons.
Woody woodpecker...bugs bunny..popeye - ZOOM and I'll give anyone who can remember the tune a buck! 2 bucks for the zip code : )))))

Old 04-11-2008, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Woody woodpecker...bugs bunny..popeye - ZOOM and I'll give anyone who can remember the tune a buck! 2 bucks for the zip code : )))))
I don't remember the zip code. But I was able to do that arm trick that Bernadette could do-remember that?

Old 04-11-2008, 07:18 AM

HR puff en stuff... Sleestacks.... Mr. Smith... lol - they are all coming back to me now : ) Oh and of course who could forget the New Zoo Review!

Old 04-11-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:
How about Underdog? Wacky Races?

Sherman and Mr. Peabody!!!!! OMG loved them-my favorite!

What about Rocky and Bullwinkle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey