Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2020, 07:13 PM

820 posts, read 972,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Couldn't rep you again. I'm into my 50's now, so supposedly more at risk than you young whippersnappers. I don't care anymore - not about any of it. The response at this point in NJ is so over-the-top. We can't send our kids back to school because the teachers are all "scared". I swear their must be forking over a ton of $ to Murphy to keep up these ridiculous edicts. Europe went back to school and there hasn't been a single documented case of a student infecting a teacher, and NJ numbers and experience with the virus is similar. Certainly we're more like Europe in progression than the southwest.

I'm seriously going to start going into stores unmasked, not to buy anything, but just to make them throw me out. Time to start disobeying this crap if we can't move forward with the numbers we have now. And it's not low numbers because we're all masking and distancing. That's all just for show now. Teenagers have been hanging out with each other all summer. Camps and sports have resumed. People are having backyard parties. The private disregard needs to go public now.
I don’t know that I’d go into stores unmasked if the store itself required it, but I do believe the masks should be the store’s decision and not the government’s. But yeah, the whole response is ridiculous, and the masks are simply a placebo effect. Even though the lockdowns have caused more damage than the virus ever could. And it’s brought out the true hatred of the left, that because people like us are going out, we “deserve to die” (yes, I’ve been told this).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 07:18 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,753,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue100 View Post
Nice!!
Nice for them. Not for us. I’m starting to get very pissed off. This isn’t even a Dem vs. GOP thing. New York and Pennsylvania both have Dem governors and have reopened indoor dining and gyms. New Jersey not doing so just means x amount of people will cross the border and spend their money outside of the state, slowly draining wealth out. I’m a Dem, but Murphy is going beyond the pale by keeping us at a relative disadvantage vs. our neighbors. It’s embarrassing.

Old 08-24-2020, 07:20 PM

820 posts, read 972,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Nice for them. Not for us. I’m starting to get very pissed off. This isn’t even a Dem vs. GOP thing. New York and Pennsylvania both have Dem governors and have reopened indoor dining and gyms. New Jersey not doing so just means x amount of people will cross the border and spend their money outside of the state, slowly draining wealth out. I’m a Dem, but Murphy is going beyond the pale by keeping us at a relative disadvantage vs. our neighbors. It’s embarrassing.
That’s what I mean. If I want to go work out, I’ll simply go to Rockland County, which kills New Jersey businesses.

Old 08-24-2020, 07:39 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,753,453 times
Quote:
That’s what I mean. If I want to go work out, I’ll simply go to Rockland County, which kills New Jersey businesses.
I’m officially in the “disapprove” camp. Murphy was doing the right thing until he started to let NY and PA move past us. It’s really starting to make my blood boil.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:15 PM

1,839 posts, read 676,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
I’m officially in the “disapprove” camp. Murphy was doing the right thing until he started to let NY and PA move past us. It’s really starting to make my blood boil.
The PA governor at least realizes PA is a swing state. If restaurants (many small businesses) were not permitted indoor dining, it'd lead to more dislike in Democratic leadership in PA that could hurt Biden's chances there. On the other hand, Murphy is taking advantage of the blueness of NJ.

If Biden wins, Murphy re-opens the state right in November, and it helps the numbers (two years from that point) to show that Biden restored the economy.

How many people from NJ are driving to PA to dine-in at a restaurant because they don't want to sit outside? Unless one lives in a border town, it's kind of a far drive. Most places with outside dining have umbrellas and the breeze at least keeps it comfortable.

Old 08-25-2020, 12:46 AM

1,845 posts, read 1,492,183 times
Quote:
I have 2 friends (both age 22, my age) who have announced that they will not be physically stepping outside of their houses, nor letting people in, until there’s a vaccine. They haven’t left their houses, nor went for a walk or sat on the porch, since the beginning of March, and the two of them made promises to each other that they’ll stay in their houses with the doors and windows closed and locked, and not see anybody in the outside world, until the vaccine comes out. They both have jobs starting in September, and if their employers don’t allow them to work from home until the vaccine comes out, they will quit those jobs. Those two, who have no underlying conditions, are out of their minds. And yes, they lecture and chastise me every time they see on my Snapchat that I’m hanging out with my friends or on a walk.
Those friends are a bunch of tyrants. This whole thread makes me so sad. I never seen such sad bullshat like this on City-Data.

Old 08-25-2020, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
I had to cut off a friend because i posted how i disagree with Phil Murphy with the Shutdown. He texted me and started going off and said he regretted being my friend and i was a toxic person tons of other insults. I kindly blocked him. It's sad this whole virus has turned people crazy and paranoid.
It is sad, the virus made me lose my faith in humanity and it shows the true cruelity of humans. This is why there is a pet shortage during quarantine. People would rather to talk to animals since they are just losing their faith in humanity. I had a match on Tinder with a guy, and I told him how I like Trump, because he will keep our economy, and then my Tinder match ended up unmatching me.

Old 08-25-2020, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Couldn't rep you again. I'm into my 50's now, so supposedly more at risk than you young whippersnappers. I don't care anymore - not about any of it. The response at this point in NJ is so over-the-top. We can't send our kids back to school because the teachers are all "scared". I swear their must be forking over a ton of $ to Murphy to keep up these ridiculous edicts. Europe went back to school and there hasn't been a single documented case of a student infecting a teacher, and NJ numbers and experience with the virus is similar. Certainly we're more like Europe in progression than the southwest.

I'm seriously going to start going into stores unmasked, not to buy anything, but just to make them throw me out. Time to start disobeying this crap if we can't move forward with the numbers we have now. And it's not low numbers because we're all masking and distancing. That's all just for show now. Teenagers have been hanging out with each other all summer. Camps and sports have resumed. People are having backyard parties. The private disregard needs to go public now.
My mom is 57, type 2 diabetic and she doesn't even own a mask, she just uses this thin nylon scarf as a face covering and she is literally taking too many chances and living her normal life. She barely leaves the house in her normal life anyway. She hates the pandemic and the tyranny we live in too.

But please, wear a face covering! It actually does help! I've noticed that ever since masks were mandated, I'm not sneezing or coughing as much, because I am not breathing in germs. I've noticed that i am not hearing annoying fat men with their stupid disgusting coughing noises they always make in public. But honestly, if someone decides to assault or throw hot food at retail employees over a mask, then they should go to hell.

I live in California where stores get crowded and social distancing is tough when people stand so close to you, and I haven't even gotten the virus. I would have known if I have the virus or not, because my grandparents would have gotten it from me by now! So masks do help, but yes some of the other restrictions are just absolute tyranny

Old 08-25-2020, 01:19 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,254,708 times
Quote:
...Even though the lockdowns have caused more damage than the virus ever could. And it’s brought out the true hatred of the left, that because people like us are going out, we “deserve to die” (yes, I’ve been told this).
https://nj.gov/health/chs/images/mon...s2015-2020.png

Also, you may have found hateful people, but to generalize that behavior across a huge group is in itself hateful. You've slung numerous insults at people who disagree with you on this very thread (the very title is describing someone as a tyrant).

Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
It is sad, the virus made me lose my faith in humanity and it shows the true cruelity of humans. This is why there is a pet shortage during quarantine. People would rather to talk to animals since they are just losing their faith in humanity. I had a match on Tinder with a guy, and I told him how I like Trump, because he will keep our economy, and then my Tinder match ended up unmatching me.
I don't mean this to derail the thread, but why on earth would you bring one of the most divisive political topics of our day into a Tinder conversation?

Old 08-25-2020, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
I don't mean this to derail the thread, but why on earth would you bring one of the most divisive political topics of our day into a Tinder conversation?
The conversation he brought up was about how our government handled the pandemic poorly. But yeah, I shouldn't have brought up politics at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey